Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:26:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Deleting My Posts??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deleting My Posts??  (Read 4065 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« on: November 11, 2006, 07:52:19 PM »

To the mods,

Whomever is deleting a great majority of my posts, please give me a clue as to why. I've posted around 15-20 messages on this board in the last 3 days and had almost all of them have been deleted. I started checking my post count a few days ago after noticing a couple of my posts being deleted and I wasn't sure why. I have been gaining post counts every few times I post. Then I'll look again in a few hours and they will be back off my post count. When I check, sure enough, they've been deleted.

Can someone please tell me why they are being deleted so I do not waste my time typing out my thoughts only to have my time wasted because of someone deleting them.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 07:18:28 AM »

When the mods have time I honestly would like an answer to this.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 08:05:16 AM »

As far as I'm concerned, I don't remember deleting any of your posts, but if I do I'll make sure to PM you why I did it.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 08:43:32 AM »

As far as I'm concerned, I don't remember deleting any of your posts, but if I do I'll make sure to PM you why I did it.

if all mods would do that, that would be great, not that they usually delete my posts, but if they did that we wouldnt have gotten 5 threads like this one per day ok
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 11:21:49 AM »

Thanks for answering. I'd really appreciate it if you would follow through on that should deletion cross your mind.

It's just frustrating for me because I follow all of the unwritten laws around here and I do not post about the HD ad, the Del article or the RS piece. I work hard to make sure that each and every thread doesn't dissolve into a Slash V. Robin debate. I have never spammed, posted a smiley as a reply or any of that shit.

I take time, think out my posts and try to bring something to the table with each one. It's just hard to take when they are just washed away for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 09:53:16 PM »

Maybe you're just one of those guys who'd like to focus on the negativity in your posts?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 10:03:52 PM »

Is negativity not allowed here jarmo?

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 06:58:53 AM »

Maybe you're just one of those guys who'd like to focus on the negativity in your posts?

/jarmo

I can't think of something that would be further from the truth. That's a little bit more than an insult that you would even post something like that. Did you read my last post about how I follow all of the unwritten laws?

Seeing as I posted exclusively at thenewguns.com (where you can't say anything negative about the new band or even mention the old band) before I even joined here, I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's more positive then me.

Wow. Turns out GNR's management isn't the only one out of touch with it's fan base.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 07:22:14 AM »

russtcb is for reals one of the most loyal fans of this band on this board.   i think you might have him mixed up with someone else jarmo..
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 07:37:33 AM »

russtcb is for reals one of the most loyal fans of this band on this board.? ?i think you might have him mixed up with someone else jarmo..

i think so too, because i often mixes russtcb with another member sometimes because the 2 guys have simlilar avatars and that other guy is rather negative.. but since this thread was abou deleted posts and not negative karma it's hard to believe that you can delete the wrong persons post, but we are only humans, and everybody makes misstakes
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 08:53:18 AM »

/jarmo

Nah man Russ is definately not a negative fan. You might have him mixed up with someone else because of his avatar. Like he said he's been a member of thenewguns for a few years, so if we let him hang around that long he must be positive  Tongue
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 10:06:35 AM »

russtcb - Are you sure it's just your post being deleted? It's possible the entire threads being deleted and taking your post with it.. Just a thought Huh There's alot of crappy threads starting up lately.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 10:29:40 AM »

/jarmo

Nah man Russ is definately not a negative fan. You might have him mixed up with someone else because of his avatar. Like he said he's been a member of thenewguns for a few years, so if we let him hang around that long he must be positive? Tongue

hehe.... Again thanks. As you know, I tend to get long winded trying to defend this new lineup and the direction of GNR, you can imagine how frustrating it can be if those posts were just gone w/o reason.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 10:34:13 AM »

russtcb - Are you sure it's just your post being deleted? It's possible the entire threads being deleted and taking your post with it.. Just a thought Huh There's alot of crappy threads starting up lately.

Yeah I'm sure. I actually had something like that happen a few weeks ago and I doubled checked on it before I complained just to be sure.

For example I know for a fact I posted in the Suicide Girls thread about how I would be spending that time in the BW3's of The Palace. It wasn't negative, I didn't put those girls, GNR or GNRs management down for making the decision, I just mentioned that I'd be at the bar instead of watching it and it was deleted.

That along with many others from about Friday to Sunday night were deleted without reason.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 01:01:02 PM »

I can confirm too for sure that russtcb is far from being a negative person.

BTW, why the thread about Locomotive was deleted? Wouldn't it at least have a place on the Dead Horse section?

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 03:02:37 PM »

No. When whole threads are removed, it shouldn't effect your post count.

... Once again, it weren't me, and I've no idea who it was.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 10:01:21 AM »

No. When whole threads are removed, it shouldn't effect your post count.

... Once again, it weren't me, and I've no idea who it was.

I appreciate you and Will letting me know it wasn't you, but that doesn't help my frustration. I sure wish whomever did do it would at least admit it and explain themselves.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 10:08:11 AM »

Also, I changed my avatar just now to something unlike anyone else so we can take that excuse out of the running from here out.

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 02:49:19 PM »

You didn't know that? Especially negativity against something Axl does is forbidden.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 07:40:14 PM »

You didn't know that? Especially negativity against something Axl does is forbidden.

Not to be rude,  but could everyone who wants to complain about their own topic take it somewhere else?

I'd like to get a legit answer to my question and I don't want the mods to overlook this thread because of other peoples posts.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: