Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:58:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Adler "addled" again
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler "addled" again  (Read 21370 times)
AMS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2006, 01:40:31 AM »

It is all very funny. You all have thought about them so much you think they are freinds of yours.

I guess you must have done that to think of saying something like that. drool

If you knew the band, you wouldn't be arguing on here. Like I said, I never knew them. But it is a fact that they all did stupid stuff, much like it is a fact that Hitler did stupid stuff. That's all I have to say, Cheers.
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2006, 11:14:06 AM »

But it is a fact that they all did stupid stuff, much like it is a fact that Hitler did stupid stuff. That's all I have to say, Cheers.

Wow - how did you draw a line between Guns n Roses and Hitler?  Maybe you shouldn't do crack before you post - makes you sound insane!!! 
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2006, 11:11:25 AM »

Years ago, I hung around a few bands myself (no one popular like these guys), but their mentality was all the same. They have so many women loving these guys and doing just about anything for them, thinking these guys love them, when all along, they're just using them, and often times, abusing them. I watched a couple of my friends go through hell with a few guys- really sad to see them get hurt like they did, meanwhile, these guys just moved on after hurting them and breaking their hearts, onto the next victims in line.

Like I said, I have no doubts about your story, and I am sorry you had to go through it. Sadly, though, I doubt Steven even gives any of it a thought.? no
On another note, I don't want this to come out the wrong way, but why hook up with a rocker to begin with ? I don't want to stereo type becasue there is always exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking rockers or movie stars or anyone in the public spot light don't have a whole lotta success with relationships. Were you really hoping it would be different, or was it more a case of when the success & fame was there being able to share in some of that was too much of an allure that you forget the possible pit falls ? I know a lot of girls who have hooked up with guys that were dip shits and they knew they were dip shits but did it anyway. Then when the shit comes down, they still wonder why it all went wrong. It just confuses me. I'd like some insight because now that I've got a daughter of my own, when she gets to that age, I'd like to be able to steer her in the right path.
Valid point. All rockstars do this, not just Adler. Bands like GnR and Motley Crue were famous for for attracting women despite them being equally as famous for treating them like shit and using them for sex. You can't honestly say these girls were going out with these guys because they were the sensitive, sweet romantic love of their lives. They loved them for fame and money. What do you expect, the guys to love them back? No, they're gonna use them for sex. Any girls going out with a member of these bands knew what they were getting into!

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2006, 11:19:27 AM »

I find it strange that people are arguing about whether Adler was crazy! He got thrown out of one of the world's most decadent bands. That takes some doing. Of course he wasn't a nice boy, but so what? No member of GnR was. They were all assholes in their own way. Izzy's considered the nicest one but didn't he steal over a hundred cars in his youth? And piss on an airplane. "Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" was a song they recorded just as they were getting big around LA, I believe, and the title kinda says it all really. If you have a problem with your heroes being assholes, then throw out your GnR records.

Incidentally, the mercedes story was funny, kinda reminds me of Keith Moon or John Bonham. Them drummers are always crazy! Tell us more stories Missy and pugdog1987!

pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2006, 11:31:46 AM »

You make a couple of really good points estranged - most girls whether they want to or not are attracted to "bad boys" and as we are all aware these guys were pretty much the baddest of the bad.  But, one note in my defense, when I first met Steven he had been out of the band for a good 5 or 6 years, he had treated himself pretty badly in that time, aged significantly and did not look like all the cute pictures that are postesd of him.  He looked to be in his late 40s and appeared to be just another ex-rocker.  It was not until I asked him at dinner one nite what band he had been in that I found out he was THE Steven Adler, the drummer kicked out of Guns n Roses, so when I first met him I did not know who he was and frankly I knew as as soon as I found out who he was that I should run, but I didn't.  He told me he had been sober for 18 months, but in fact, he had been sober for about 18 hours.  He stayed "fairly" sober for about 6 weeks and then all hell broke loose, he went to meet a guy that had been in KIX to see if he wanted to join Steven's new band Freaks in the Room.  When he came home he was a totally different guy (he started using heroin again that nite with this guy) and I didn't know why.  Anyway, that was the beginning of the downhill slide for us.  As is true with all drug addicts, the drugs were the only thing he cared about and the rest is all secondary. 
g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2006, 04:04:34 PM »

hey this is Gav from Guns 2 Roses + personal friend of Steven's guys thought you might like to see this...

its Me, Steven my girl Sally in the last valentines day!
this is probably the most recent vid of Stevie at the mo  rofl This was backstage on one of the nights that we did on tour together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_dJ2c22V6A

some of the things in this topic are true some false and some just unessarcery. when i got the time i'll try and answer a few things.
 ok

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2006, 05:13:12 PM »

hey this is Gav from Guns 2 Roses + personal friend of Steven's guys thought you might like to see this...

its Me, Steven my girl Sally in the last valentines day!
this is probably the most recent vid of Stevie at the mo  rofl This was backstage on one of the nights that we did on tour together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_dJ2c22V6A

some of the things in this topic are true some false and some just unessarcery. when i got the time i'll try and answer a few things.
 ok

sounds great, Gav! ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2006, 08:04:29 AM »

ok

you want to set us streight on Steven? I'm sure that we'd all be interested in how things went with him on tour. The rumor mill went into overdrive when he fired his band and started playing with tribute bands.
I'd like to know what he is like? How approchable he is? is he as bad news as he is said to be? How did you get contacted to do theese gigs.

I mean the guy is an idol of mine,  and I've never managed to get to one of his shows but we've all heard the stories of him being a parinoid washed up junkie but on the other hand he is a nice guy, a superb drummer and a pleasure to work with. Who do I believe?
g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2006, 08:39:31 AM »

ok

you want to set us streight on Steven? I'm sure that we'd all be interested in how things went with him on tour. The rumor mill went into overdrive when he fired his band and started playing with tribute bands.
I'd like to know what he is like? How approchable he is? is he as bad news as he is said to be? How did you get contacted to do theese gigs.

I mean the guy is an idol of mine,? and I've never managed to get to one of his shows but we've all heard the stories of him being a parinoid washed up junkie but on the other hand he is a nice guy, a superb drummer and a pleasure to work with. Who do I believe?

i gotta journal coming up soon. as far as the basics go Steven is a fun loving 20 year old in a 40 year olds body. hes a guy who likes to party. i met Steven a few years before our shows and he was aware of my tribute GNR band as Steven saw & approved us as a GNR tribute previously. When we were originally contacted end of January We were contracted on our own tour and for the first 6 dates of the tour Steven used another Guns N Roses tribute in the UK for 4 dates then and Irish tribute for 2 dates in Ireland. By Tuesday 7th July Guns 2 Roses were ready and we took over and completed the tour. Click link below here we are on stage 1 hour after meeting up (i will add we had faulty monitors on stage however and no one could hear themself play for the first 5 songs? ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYWRNgH2lAg
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 08:42:10 AM by g2r_Axl » Logged

andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2006, 09:12:34 AM »

cool, thanks beer
g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2006, 03:13:49 PM »

sorr this is the correct link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsR9TsfhgeU

Missy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2006, 07:57:08 PM »

totally pathetic..what a joke
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2006, 08:17:59 PM »

Do you play any illusion songs other than Civil War, or were they all taken off the setlist when Adler came on board? Or maybe your original drummer plays on the illusion stuff. Just curious.

g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2006, 08:12:10 AM »

totally pathetic..what a joke

yeah well it was mean't to be tounge cheek anyway! a deliberate spoof not to be taken serious!

g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2006, 08:13:26 AM »

Do you play any illusion songs other than Civil War, or were they all taken off the setlist when Adler came on board? Or maybe your original drummer plays on the illusion stuff. Just curious.

hey dude

Illusions stuff only got taken off when Adler came on board. in a normal setlist we cover all albums, November Rain, Estranged, Coma  etc etc and even some of the Chinese Decoracy stuff  ok

Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2006, 11:30:32 AM »

This is great and fun ! Your band looks like the 1988 line - up !

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: