Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:10:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  THE CIVIL WAR EP (A few questions...)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE CIVIL WAR EP (A few questions...)  (Read 4545 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« on: October 26, 2005, 09:25:54 AM »

Well,

I have the UK version of the Civil War Ep (I don't think there's any other) and I just saw at Pandora's site that it has Guns N' Roses written on it with silver letters.

http://gnrcollectibles.free.fr/html/singles/civilwar_EP_uk.htm

Mine doesn't have the silver letters... Why is that? Is it rare or is it common?

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 10:00:45 AM »

No, it's not too rare, I have one too. Seems like it's some kind of misprint. I was thinking of adding it to the site, but for some reason I forgot. I'll do it later.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
anythinggoes
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 10:13:09 AM »

Well,

I have the UK version of the Civil War Ep (I don't think there's any other) and I just saw at Pandora's site that it has Guns N' Roses written on it with silver letters.

http://gnrcollectibles.free.fr/html/singles/civilwar_EP_uk.htm

Mine doesn't have the silver letters... Why is that? Is it rare or is it common?

i think youll find it doesnt have which limited number it is too i also have it plus its readily available on Ebay
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 10:17:39 AM »

Well, since it was the last song Steven Adler recorded with GNR, I got him to sign it, so I guess it's a bit more rare now...  Grin

Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 05:54:37 PM »

i've got the Japanese Civil War Ep, is that maybe a little more rare? or does it really matter where the stuff is released?

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 07:15:51 PM »

i've got the Japanese Civil War Ep, is that maybe a little more rare? or does it really matter where the stuff is released?

To my knowledge, the EP was never released in Japan. Are you sure it's not the regular japanese 5"? (ref. MVCG-13007).

Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 12:20:44 AM »

To my knowledge, the EP was never released in Japan. Are you sure it's not the regular japanese 5"? (ref. MVCG-13007).

yeah, thats it, so its not that rare then? Sad and therefore i prolly paid to much for it when i got it?

GEFDM-21794 (Japan)
Tracks:
Civil War (LP version) / Don't Damn Me (LP version) / Back Off Bitch (LP version) /
An interview with Slash from March 1993

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/releases/discog/civ-war.htm
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 12:23:47 AM by Briggsy » Logged

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 02:05:43 AM »

Why did everyone make a big deal about this EP years ago? I remember it being a big deal back in mid 90's, and a small record store in my area got it and the owner called me saying he had some new GNR shit. When I seen the tracklist I laughed.

Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 02:54:47 AM »

I have one and it looks like Pandora's, and yes I have silver letters written on the CD box.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 03:27:49 AM »

Why did everyone make a big deal about this EP years ago? I remember it being a big deal back in mid 90's, and a small record store in my area got it and the owner called me saying he had some new GNR shit. When I seen the tracklist I laughed.

Cause it was supposedly a limited edition...

It's not about the tracklist... If it was about the tracklist then you should laugh at Live Like A Suicide being sold for more than $150 cause you bought these songs for $7 in Lies...

badapple81
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 04:51:48 AM »

yeah, thats it, so its not that rare then? Sad and therefore i prolly paid to much for it when i got it?

GEFDM-21794 (Japan)
Tracks:
Civil War (LP version) / Don't Damn Me (LP version) / Back Off Bitch (LP version) /
An interview with Slash from March 1993

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/releases/discog/civ-war.htm

Yes I have the Civil War EP with that tracklist, bought here in Australia.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 05:05:37 AM »

I would say it's worth $20-25, that is approximately the same as the EP, maybe even a little more.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 07:00:26 AM »

christos, you have a point, but Live Like a Suicide was their first album and not many people have it, so its an obvious collectors item even though everyone has the songs. When I first heard about the Civil War EP back then, I thought it would have a rare song or a different version of Civil War. I knew it was kinda rare, but there was nothing about it that made me want to buy it, especially at the price the guy was selling it for.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 07:07:33 AM »

christos, you have a point, but Live Like a Suicide was their first album and not many people have it, so its an obvious collectors item even though everyone has the songs. When I first heard about the Civil War EP back then, I thought it would have a rare song or a different version of Civil War. I knew it was kinda rare, but there was nothing about it that made me want to buy it, especially at the price the guy was selling it for.

My friend, it's all about collecting, not the songs or the price, I understand what you're saying but check Pandora's site or mine (http://my.gnr.gr).

I bet we have TOO many vinyls and cd's with the same songs all over again... It's just that when you collect GN'R or anything else you might love you don't care if it's the first LP or something that was released in 100.000.000 copies... You just want them ALL...? Grin

Especially if they don't lose their value as the years pass (something that I bet Michael Jackson's fans are really sad about...? hihi)

anythinggoes
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 07:21:57 AM »

My friend, it's all about collecting, not the songs or the price, I understand what you're saying but check Pandora's site or mine (http://my.gnr.gr).

I bet we have TOO many vinyls and cd's with the same songs all over again... It's just that when you collect GN'R or anything else you might love you don't care if it's the first LP or something that was released in 100.000.000 copies... You just want them ALL...? Grin

Especially if they don't lose their value as the years pass (something that I bet Michael Jackson's fans are really sad about...? hihi)

its funny but until i came to this board i thought i had a big GNR collection then you look at the other peoples and it gets smaller i am know having to spend serious money to get it a good collection again the problem comes to where do you stop when is enough enough. What the fuck am i going to do when GNR does release the new album singles promos boxsets vinyls limited editions fuck it does anyone want to plan a good hiest wih me.  nervous crying
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 07:55:54 AM »

I used to have a great GNR collection back in the 90's, but I ended up selling most of it when I was on drugs. It really sucked. I paid alot for that collection, and ended up selling it for pennies on the dollar. crying The past year or so I have started buying some stuff again. I had alot of official stuff, plus alot of imports/bootlegs. I have a question. Are those CD bootlegs worth anything now? Since you can get most of those concerts for free online, I'm pretty sure it caused those expensive cds to become almost worthless. I used to pay $30-$50 apiece for them. Pretty expensive, but I loved ordering the ones I wanted, and when the record store called me to say my order was in, I would rush over there to open my box of goodies. Such a great feeling of hearing a GNR concert you had never heard. I really loved that cd called Covering Them. I remember when people would come by my house and see my GNR cds they would say shit like, "Where did you get that stuff?" Damn, those were the good old days! Cheesy beer

Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 11:42:59 PM »

I would say it's worth $20-25, that is approximately the same as the EP, maybe even a little more.

Cool, thanks for the info Smiley I actually paid $10 for it, so i guess i got a good deal on it Smiley

of course the value of it for me is greater cuz Civil War is my fav song, so that is the reason why i got the single

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: