Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:04:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  A Problem with the Tour... At the Start...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Problem with the Tour... At the Start...  (Read 7688 times)
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« on: November 01, 2006, 09:11:23 PM »

I think that starting of in Florida was great strategy. However having four dates in a that state was just nuts. Most of the fans would travel a great distance to see them play even with out a new album out. However having 4 dates in a state with out promotion of a new album isn't going to draw music fans to the arena. I personally believe that 3 is pushing the limits in one state under these conditions. This isn't going to push good media reviews because they will make it sound like no one showed up if not every seat is filled.

I do like how they are doing the middle part of the tour because they are not wasting too much time in one state... The end of it is endless in California... But I would expect the album by then... and all those shows should be sell outs.

Maybe I am wrong about the start... Maybe its just a Warm up for the bigger venues...

patcooper
VIP

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 09:13:27 PM »

MSG is 20,000 thats not big enough for you?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 09:16:07 PM »

Maybe its just a Warm up for the bigger venues...

Well the "warmup" was supposed to be the shows before Florida...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Randy Jesus
VIP

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 09:17:12 PM »

I was talking about FL!!! read the damn thing...!!!
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 09:17:55 PM »

Florida is a huge state with several big cities(markets). That's why Florida has three football teams. Its perfectly logical to have that many concerts there. They could have had another in Orlando and had a good turn out.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 09:18:12 PM »

I think that starting of in Florida was great strategy. However having four dates in a that state was just nuts. Most of the fans would travel a great distance to see them play even with out a new album out. However having 4 dates in a state with out promotion of a new album isn't going to draw music fans to the arena. I personally believe that 3 is pushing the limits in one state under these conditions. This isn't going to push good media reviews because they will make it sound like no one showed up if not every seat is filled.

I do like how they are doing the middle part of the tour because they are not wasting too much time in one state... The end of it is endless in California... But I would expect the album by then... and all those shows should be sell outs.

Maybe I am wrong about the start... Maybe its just a Warm up for the bigger venues...

You are absolutely right. Four dates in one state was a bad idea, and the attendence at the latter two shows spoke to it. A lot of the people going to Estero and Jacksonville would have made the trip to Tampa and Sunrise, and made those shows even bigger. Instead, you had two 10,000+ shows and then two smaller ones.

Then again the band has done some good things, like hitting Canada hard (Canada's more like Europe than the U.S. in welcoming the band, it's got some of the best selling shows), getting the website up in time for the tour, and the MLB partnership. Just duno why it was so hard to figure out overbooking a state was a bad idea Tongue
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 09:19:15 PM »

Florida is a huge state with several big cities(markets). That's why Florida has three football teams. Its perfectly logical to have that many concerts there. They could have had another in Orlando and had a good turn out.

Orlando, maybe. Estero? No. And four shows in a week with no album and single were two much. There really should be no more than two shows per state IMO, at least until the album drops.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 09:21:52 PM »

ok well the east rutherford show is right across the river from ny. so thats 2 shows the same week in the same area. and msg still sold out. and why are you worring about the florida shows since they are over and all the reviews so far have been very good.
daubs
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 09:23:30 PM »

at least before we could blame the lack of attendence on too many shows, with that comment now all we have is gnr's lack of appeal  Roll Eyes
Randy Jesus
VIP

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 09:24:57 PM »

ok well the east rutherford show is right across the river from ny. so thats 2 shows the same week in the same area. and msg still sold out. and why are you worring about the florida shows since they are over and all the reviews so far have been very good.

GNR PUTS on GREAT SHOWS... BUT I THINK ITS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY... TO DO WHAT THEY DID>> if they had a new album... I think they would have sold out every seat in every venue in FL.
Randy Jesus
VIP

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 09:26:15 PM »

at least before we could blame the lack of attendence on too many shows, with that comment now all we have is gnr's lack of appeal  Roll Eyes

LMAO... I remember that those NFL teams... Had media blackouts due to lack of attendance...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 09:28:38 PM »

Orlando, maybe. Estero? No. And four shows in a week with no album and single were two much. There really should be no more than two shows per state IMO, at least until the album drops.

Since I'm not back home in Florida right now ?Cry I can't tell you what the promotion was like, probably the general radio buzz, but I haven't heard that the shows didn't have good attendance.

And to be honest, they aren't really playing the huge venues in florida.

patcooper
VIP

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 09:30:15 PM »

GNR PUTS on GREAT SHOWS... BUT I THINK ITS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY... TO DO WHAT THEY DID>> if they had a new album... I think they would have sold out every seat in every venue in FL.

i dont see how they wasted time and money. they entertained the fans that went to those shows. thats what they are suppose to do. if there was a cd and a single and a video and blah blah blah.. but there isnt right now, so they are doing shows that arent sold out and people are talking about them, and the CD and the tour. Thats all good news for us the fans.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 09:37:36 PM »

LMAO... I remember that those NFL teams... Had media blackouts due to lack of attendance...

Like I said, its not like people didn't show up for the shows. From what I understand there were pretty good size crowds, especially for a band with no single or album to help promote it. Plus the reviews are very strong.

There was one Miami game that got blacked out almost ten years ago, and that was because of an error. The Bucs games were blacked out in the 80's when they were horrible. Get your facts straight! rant hihi
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 09:48:06 PM by misterID » Logged

Randy Jesus
VIP

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 09:41:20 PM »

i dont see how they wasted time and money. they entertained the fans that went to those shows. thats what they are suppose to do. if there was a cd and a single and a video and blah blah blah.. but there isnt right now, so they are doing shows that arent sold out and people are talking about them, and the CD and the tour. Thats all good news for us the fans.

I don't disagree about the fans... getting what they want... Wouldn't make sense to come back after the album drops... rather than using the underground fan base to attempt to sell out a state four dates in a row with minor excursion to paradise which apparently was awesome...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 09:44:59 PM »

Ok...this whole "so many shows in one state was stupid" argument is just getting retarded. ?All 50 states are not the exact same size with the exact same population. ?I'm sure that alot of things were taken into consideration when planning this tour. ?Things like population density, radio play in the various cities, and frankly, availbility of forums. ?An easy way to look at it is just by sheer distance. ?Let's look at a few examples of the Florida dates and the distances between the cities. ?Sunrise to Tampa = 254 miles. ?Tampa - Estero = 154 miles. ?Estero - Jacksonville =338 miles. ?Now let's look at the distances between a few other, non-Florida shows. ?Greensboro, NC - Huntington, WV = 296 miles. ?Portland, ME - Worcester, MA = 137 miles. ?Get my drift?

It's amazing to me to think that people would or would'nt travel outside their state to see the band. ?Hell, there could be a ton of people in Florida who go to the North Carolina show who didn't go to any Florida shows because Huntington is closer to where they live.

Would you be making the same argument if GNR did 4 shows in Texas (Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio) and only one show in Rhode Island?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Randy Jesus
VIP

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 09:49:29 PM »

Ok...this whole "so many shows in one state was stupid" argument is just getting retarded.  All 50 states are not the exact same size with the exact same population.  I'm sure that alot of things were taken into consideration when planning this tour.  Things like population density, radio play in the various cities, and frankly, availbility of forums.  An easy way to look at it is just by sheer distance.  Let's look at a few examples of the Florida dates and the distances between the cities.  Sunrise to Tampa = 254 miles.  Tampa - Estero = 154 miles.  Estero - Jacksonville =338 miles.  Now let's look at the distances between a few other, non-Florida shows.  Greensboro, NC - Huntington, WV = 296 miles.  Portland, ME - Worcester, MA = 137 miles.  Get my drift?

It's amazing to me to think that people would or would'nt travel outside their state to see the band.  Hell, there could be a ton of people in Florida who go to the North Carolina show who didn't go to any Florida shows because Huntington is closer to where they live.

Would you be making the same argument if GNR did 4 shows in Texas (Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio) and only one show in Rhode Island?

If you really want to make that argument, Florida has an extremely high rate of Retirees that want to hear the beach boys rather than GNR...  hihi
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 09:56:18 PM »

Ok...this whole "so many shows in one state was stupid" argument is just getting retarded.? All 50 states are not the exact same size with the exact same population.? I'm sure that alot of things were taken into consideration when planning this tour.? Things like population density, radio play in the various cities, and frankly, availbility of forums.? An easy way to look at it is just by sheer distance.? Let's look at a few examples of the Florida dates and the distances between the cities.? Sunrise to Tampa = 254 miles.? Tampa - Estero = 154 miles.? Estero - Jacksonville =338 miles.? Now let's look at the distances between a few other, non-Florida shows.? Greensboro, NC - Huntington, WV = 296 miles.? Portland, ME - Worcester, MA = 137 miles.? Get my drift?

It's amazing to me to think that people would or would'nt travel outside their state to see the band.? Hell, there could be a ton of people in Florida who go to the North Carolina show who didn't go to any Florida shows because Huntington is closer to where they live.

If you really want to make that argument, Florida has an extremely high rate of Retirees that want to hear the beach boys rather than GNR...? hihi

Maybe you should visit florida because you have no idea what you're talking about.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 10:26:26 PM »

Yeah, Florida is loaded with rock-hungry young 'uns. If anything we've got the redneck plague.

The thing that's so wonderful about the broad marketability of GN'R is that in NYC you'd get all of these young hip people, yet in FL you get that also, and some body that normally sport their Skynard camo hat & rebel flag, still can come to the show and know Guns N' Fuckin' Roses rocked.

FL has several markets. Tampa, Miami, Orlando, Jax... this is the reason for so many dates.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 10:29:42 PM »

So, what were getting at here is since the warmup shows are over...we might get a few new additions to the setlist?  It seems if they were warm-ups, they would have warmed up with songs they haven't played yet.  I just want the general public to go to the show and have a good time seein GN'R, go back home sign up for a messageboard and let all their friends now how GN'R is the greatest band EVER....lol
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: