Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:39:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  A Problem with the Tour... At the Start...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Problem with the Tour... At the Start...  (Read 7687 times)
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006, 10:35:51 PM »

Ok...this whole "so many shows in one state was stupid" argument is just getting retarded.  All 50 states are not the exact same size with the exact same population.  I'm sure that alot of things were taken into consideration when planning this tour.  Things like population density, radio play in the various cities, and frankly, availbility of forums.  An easy way to look at it is just by sheer distance.  Let's look at a few examples of the Florida dates and the distances between the cities.  Sunrise to Tampa = 254 miles.  Tampa - Estero = 154 miles.  Estero - Jacksonville =338 miles.  Now let's look at the distances between a few other, non-Florida shows.  Greensboro, NC - Huntington, WV = 296 miles.  Portland, ME - Worcester, MA = 137 miles.  Get my drift?

It's amazing to me to think that people would or would'nt travel outside their state to see the band.  Hell, there could be a ton of people in Florida who go to the North Carolina show who didn't go to any Florida shows because Huntington is closer to where they live.

Would you be making the same argument if GNR did 4 shows in Texas (Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio) and only one show in Rhode Island?

If you really want to make that argument, Florida has an extremely high rate of Retirees that want to hear the beach boys rather than GNR...  hihi

Maybe you should visit florida because you have no idea what you're talking about.

The youth is on the beach... but the rest is old... I been there a lot...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 10:38:02 PM »

The whole state?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2006, 10:45:50 PM »

The whole state?

Actually I was poking at someone that was trying to be a smart ass... and I guess that was you... Call me a retard again please....

In all seriousness Florida is one of the top Retirement places.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 10:47:34 PM by HellHole » Logged
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2006, 10:52:05 PM »

I didn't call you a retard.  I called your statement retarded.

And yes...there are alot of retirees in FL.  But I don't think that was your point in saying that GNR should not have done so many shows in that state.  If it was, then you should have put that in your original post when you started this thread.

But addressing that issue, yes.  Florida does have a whole lot of retirees.  But that isn't the entire population of the state.  Utah has a whole lot of Mormons, but I'm pretty sure that they could pull off a GNR show in Salt Lake City and somehow be able to find enough non-Mormons willing to go.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 12:11:01 AM »

The whole state?

Actually I was poking at someone that was trying to be a smart ass... and I guess that was you... Call me a retard again please....

In all seriousness Florida is one of the top Retirement places.

I've lived in Florida all my life, and although it is loaded with retirerees, they still only make up a small portion of the overall population.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: