Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:13:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  1993 last album 2007 new album 14 years
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1993 last album 2007 new album 14 years  (Read 5419 times)
jeorose
Rocker

Get In The Ring Motherfucker

« on: January 01, 2007, 11:40:53 AM »

Really interested he is back after 14years. Maybe this is not interested topic oh well.

Kill Your Idols
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 11:46:55 AM »

But it's been
14 years of silence
It's been
14 years of pain 
 Grin

This   is   Democracy!!!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 11:50:46 AM »

Can anyone translate this for me?? What are we talking about here?? ? Huh

Oooh.  Me = dense.  14 years between albums, hence the song, hence the thread.

Got it.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 11:56:10 AM »

Can anyone translate this for me?  What are we talking about here?    Huh

Oooh.  Me = dense.  14 years between albums, hence the song, hence the thread.

Got it.

Yep you got it. Its an interesting connection - but I doubt it was done on purpose.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 12:02:57 PM »

Oooh.? Me = dense.? 14 years between albums, hence the song, hence the thread.

Got it.

Yep you got it. Its an interesting connection - but I doubt it was done on purpose.

There's no way.  Sorry, but that would be idiotic.  "I've got it - we'll wait *14 years* between albums, that's the name of a song my buddy (who quit the band) wrote.  Get it?  Get it?  Won't that be funny?!?!"

As far as irony goes, though, it's a strange connection to make, especially considering the song lyrics.
Amanda.
Rocker

Damn, I'm a legend.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 12:26:17 PM »

Oooh.? Me = dense.? 14 years between albums, hence the song, hence the thread.

Got it.

There's no way.? Sorry, but that would be idiotic.? "I've got it - we'll wait *14 years* between albums, that's the name of a song my buddy (who quit the band) wrote.? Get it?? Get it?? Won't that be funny?!?!"

As far as irony goes, though, it's a strange connection to make, especially considering the song lyrics.

like rocksteady said, it's been
14 years of silence
It's been
14 years of pain. it really describes their feelings who have been waiting for the album full 14 years. i've only been waiting for it about 2 years.  Roll Eyes

Guns N?Roses @ Hartwall Arena 6.7.06

I'M SO NEXT CENTURY.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 02:19:25 PM »

It's kinda like the way the "Del James" short story connected to November Rain/Estranged theme without either Axl or Del doing any planning, and now it seems if the release goes down as planned, the outcome will be (not counting the teases along the way) basically "14 years," it's really kind of strange that parts of Axl's future can be somewhat predicted through his songwriting, it's like some of the paths he has chosen to take, very possibly could have already been chosen for him years ago. ?Axl being oblivious to any of it until it later reaches it's point of reality. ?Axl's songs are his life story, his music has been his strength, he has spelled out his life to us through his songwriting, and I'm pretty confindent that this story is far from over, and there will be some more shall we call them "coinsidences" along the way. ?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »

It's kinda like the way the "Del James" short story connected to November Rain/Estranged theme without either Axl or Del doing any planning, and now it seems if the release goes down as planned, the outcome will be (not counting the teases along the way) basically "14 years," it's really kind of strange that parts of Axl's future can be somewhat predicted through his songwriting, it's like some of the paths he has chosen to take, very possibly could have already been chosen for him years ago. ?Axl being oblivious to any of it until it later reaches it's point of reality. ?Axl's songs are his life story, his music has been his strength, he has spelled out his life to us through his songwriting, and I'm pretty confindent that this story is far from over, and there will be some more shall we call them "coinsidences" along the way. ?
yeah maybe just maybe maybe in "14 years" he will live on the island "madagascar" screaming "oh my god" "don't damn me" "there was a time" in "my world" there were things like a "paradise city" and "chinese democracy" he's saying to a woman who wants to save him "you aint the first" are you also "out ta get me" he gets an "appetite for destruction" when he "think about you". he sees some "bad apples" and thinks "you could be mine" suddenly, a "rocket queen" walks by he yells "back off bitch" "you're crazy" how dare you come close to me, you should know "better" she asks him, why this "civil war"? i got "pretty tied up" and the "IRS" took "my michelle" and "the garden". she says "sweet child o'mine" "don't cry" there's a "november rain" coming soon, he says yeah i should maybe "move to the city" 'cuz this is somewhat a "reckless life". axl moves to the city and meets this guy called "mr brownstone" ridin' on a "dead horse" he says "welcome to the jungle" got any "nightrain" axl asks that's what i drank in my "yesterdays" the man said have some "patience" and "anything goes" where am i? axl asks, in the "garden of eden" do you like reading axl? "mr brownstone" asks, axl responds well "catcher in the rye" is my favourite book but i find it a bot "estranged" well that's just "double talkin jive" axl, "it's so easy" but where have you been? "right next door to hell" with "rhiad and the bedouins", but it was "so fine" i listened to "the blues" and even some "shotgun blues" it's like a "bad obsession" i had a "breakdown" and fell in a "coma" after i commited the "perfect crime" what was that the mas asked, well i had some "silkworms" and threw them in front of a "locomotive" what i didn't know was that there was a woman on that train, and i "used to love her" she was "one in a million". you must "live and let die" you'll find a "new rose" "down on the farm" wear some "black leather" and have a nice "attitude" and you will find a fine "human being" but there's only "dust n' bones" on that farm, yeah but you must "use your illusion"

well all those songs wasn't written by axl but they are gn'r related and who knows, you know
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 03:31:29 PM by Ralph » Logged
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 03:20:41 PM »

Wow Ralph!!  I should have expected this kind of response, maybe a little to much doobage for you already today, that was a trip in itself!!   

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 07:08:05 PM »

Wow Ralph!!? I should have expected this kind of response, maybe a little to much doobage for you already today, that was a trip in itself!!? ?

i found it pretty funny to write hihi
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 08:02:37 PM »

yeah maybe just maybe maybe in "14 years" he will live on the island "madagascar" screaming "oh my god" "don't damn me" "there was a time" in "my world" there were things like a "paradise city" and "chinese democracy" he's saying to a woman who wants to save him "you aint the first" are you also "out ta get me" he gets an "appetite for destruction" when he "think about you". he sees some "bad apples" and thinks "you could be mine" suddenly, a "rocket queen" walks by he yells "back off bitch" "you're crazy" how dare you come close to me, you should know "better" she asks him, why this "civil war"? i got "pretty tied up" and the "IRS" took "my michelle" and "the garden". she says "sweet child o'mine" "don't cry" there's a "november rain" coming soon, he says yeah i should maybe "move to the city" 'cuz this is somewhat a "reckless life". axl moves to the city and meets this guy called "mr brownstone" ridin' on a "dead horse" he says "welcome to the jungle" got any "nightrain" axl asks that's what i drank in my "yesterdays" the man said have some "patience" and "anything goes" where am i? axl asks, in the "garden of eden" do you like reading axl? "mr brownstone" asks, axl responds well "catcher in the rye" is my favourite book but i find it a bot "estranged" well that's just "double talkin jive" axl, "it's so easy" but where have you been? "right next door to hell" with "rhiad and the bedouins", but it was "so fine" i listened to "the blues" and even some "shotgun blues" it's like a "bad obsession" i had a "breakdown" and fell in a "coma" after i commited the "perfect crime" what was that the mas asked, well i had some "silkworms" and threw them in front of a "locomotive" what i didn't know was that there was a woman on that train, and i "used to love her" she was "one in a million". you must "live and let die" you'll find a "new rose" "down on the farm" wear some "black leather" and have a nice "attitude" and you will find a fine "human being" but there's only "dust n' bones" on that farm, yeah but you must "use your illusion"

well all those songs wasn't written by axl but they are gn'r related and who knows, you know

Virgin, eh?

jeezus...  Shocked

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 11:34:20 PM »

Virgin, eh?

jeezus...? Shocked

actually no soryy you are wrong again, i'm european and the women here is far more laid back when it' comes to sex lol, then in the states my friend. don't be so jelous just because of that and that i'll get to buy chi-dem a day before you Tongue
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 11:43:46 PM »

Virgin, eh?

jeezus...? Shocked

actually no soryy you are wrong again, i'm european and the women here is far more laid back when it' comes to sex lol, then in the states my friend. don't be so jelous just because of that and that i'll get to buy chi-dem a day before you Tongue

It was just a joke man. That was very 'fan boy', but 'twas cool.  ok

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 12:00:31 AM »

Virgin, eh?

jeezus...? Shocked

It was just a joke man. That was very 'fan boy', but 'twas cool.? ok
lol mine was a joke too man, that about europeans being more laid back is just a made up by the traveling agencies or something hihi
Amanda.
Rocker

Damn, I'm a legend.

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 01:14:07 PM »

rofl rofl rofl :'DD Dear dog.  hihi
Now that's what makes me really laugh out.  rofl Especially that "ridin' on a dead horse." And the coma-perfect crime-thing too... cracks me up.  rofl

Guns N?Roses @ Hartwall Arena 6.7.06

I'M SO NEXT CENTURY.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 01:54:15 PM »

You missed out Get In The Ring!? rant? hihi

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: