Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:25:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Album sales?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Album sales?  (Read 6659 times)
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 06:48:22 AM »

it was also reported to be more than 4 million in a thread on this forum.
But as i say, im not interested in comparing the albums.

Of course an album under the GNR name would sell better.  GNR are one of the biggest bands in the world and people checking the GNR section each day while shopping will see CD.

maybe not in the states though cos of that whole best buy thing.

well, if youre not interested in album sales then you shouldnt be casually quoting extremely questionable figures for Contraband.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 07:16:19 AM »

maybe you should mention that to the people that quoted the CD figures.  CD certainly doesnt show as 5 million on worldwidealbums.net 

As i said, Contraband definitly sold 4 million in its first year.  i think i remember a thread were it sold even more but cant find it now.

And i assume some people have bought it since 04  ok

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 11:35:03 AM »

maybe you should mention that to the people that quoted the CD figures.  CD certainly doesnt show as 5 million on worldwidealbums.net 

As i said, Contraband definitly sold 4 million in its first year.  i think i remember a thread were it sold even more but cant find it now.

And i assume some people have bought it since 04  ok

hehe! the people who mentioned sales figures are obviously interested in them. you on the other hand claim not to care but present completely unsupported figures for Contraband anyway. the contradiction is quite obvious.

CD might not show with 5 million sales on worldwidewalbums.net but like i said, its not just Wiki but also news sorces which have quoted 5 mil as the figure for CD.

you can assume that "more people" than the original 4 million have bought Contraband but this assumption is most definitely not enough to pass off as a declaration. you claimed that Contraband has sold "way more" than 3 mil and then proceeded to claim that its "easily" 6 or 7 mil now! on being asked for proof of these declarations, you could furnish none.

in the future, i hope you'll be able to refrain from making wild irresponsible claims with zero evidence to back them up.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 11:43:10 AM »

point taken my friend.  I wont continue the debate until i have further evidence.

I have seen the figures before myself but im currently in work and don't have much time to dig deep for them.
i will try to find a site that accomdates these sales.  Don't believe everyting you read in the news either.  You see how much they trash Axl as it is.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 06:24:20 AM »

Don't believe everyting you read in the news either. 

dont worry, i'm in no danger of falling into that extreme either. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: