Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:53:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Urban legends of rock n?roll
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Urban legends of rock n?roll  (Read 6943 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 08:23:20 AM »

There's a rumour about Axl punching David Bowie. I personally don't believe it.

It's actually true! He also chased him down sunset strip past the cat house lol

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=245&Itemid=52

That's insane. I don't understand why he would do that.

K : I heard that David Bowie apologised to you after the incident at your video-shoot. (the story goes that Axl got pissed off with the ageing superstar after he appeared to be getting a little too well acquainted with Axl?s girlfriend, Erin, during a visit last year to the set where the Gunners were making a -yet to see the light of day- video for ?It?s so easy?. The upshot, apparently, was that Axl ended up aiming a few punches Bowie?s way before having him thrown off the set.)

A : Bowie and I had our differences. And then we talked and went out to dinner and then went down the China club and stuff. And when we left, I was like, ? I wanna thank you for being the first person that?s ever come up to me in person and said how sorry they were about the situation and stuff. ? It was cool, you know? And then I open up Rolling Stone the next day and there?s a story in there saying I?ve got no respect for the Godfather of Glam even though I wear make-up and all this bullshit... It?s laughable. I was out doing a soundcheck one day when we were opening for the Rolling Stones and Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton cornered me. I?m sittin? on this amp and all of a sudden they?re both right there in front of me. And Jagger doesn?t really talk a lot, right? He?s just real serious about everything, and all of a sudden he?s like (adopts exaggerated Dick Van Dyke-style Cockney) : ? So you got in a fight with Bowie, didja? ?. So I told him the story real quick and him and Clapton are going off about Bowie in their own little world, talking about things from years ago. They were saying things like when Bowie gets drunk he turns into the Devil from Bromley.... I mean, I?m not even in this conversation. I?m just sittin? there. Listening to ?em bitch like crazy about Bowie. It was funny.

K : But you and the Thin White Duke are now best of buddies, is that right?

A : Well, I don?t know about ?best of buddies?. But I like him a lot, yeah. We had a long talk about the business and stuff and I never anybody so cool and so into it and so whacked out and so sick in my life...I remember lookin? over at Slash and going : ? Man, we?re in fucking deep trouble ? and he goes ? Why? ? and I go ? Because I got a lot in common with this guy. I mean, I?m pretty sick but this guy?s just fuckin? ill ! ?. And Bowie sitting there laughing and talking about ? One side of me is experimental and the other side of me wants to make something that people can get into, and I DON?T KNOW FUCKING WHY! WHY AM I LIKE THIS ? ? And I?m sitting there thinking, I?ve got 20 more years of...that to look forward to? I?m already like that...20 more years? What am I gonna do? (laughs)

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=4

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2005, 10:24:53 AM »

The story that the roadie keeps telling during Wayne's World 2, about having to fill a brandy glass with brown M&Ms for Ozzy Osbourne, is based on a true story that has become a bit of an urban legend. Van Halen actually had a rider (a contractual list of items that a band demands from the concert venue - towels, catering, stage equipment requirements, etc.) that said there must be a bowl of M&Ms backstage, but with all the brown ones removed. The reason for the absurd rule was to make sure that the entire rider (which included safety measurements for the band's exceptionally large and heavy stage set) had been read and obeyed in full. Sure enough at Pueblo, Colorado show, the rider wasn't read and the staging crashed through the floor. This lead to the urban myth that the band flipped out and intentionally caused the $80,000 worth of damage themselves all because they found brown M&Ms.
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2005, 09:15:06 AM »

Kiss mixed some of their own blood with the printers ink for their first marvel comic book

That one is true. Roll Eyes
Recently this story took another shape. The blood didn't make it to the Kiss comic books. It's an unknown fact if it was used in another comic title or even if it was used at all.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2005, 10:49:32 PM »

Heard about the reason why Hendrix used to always wear his headband was to hide all the neelemarks from shooting drugs directly into his baran?

Its bullshit but I remember that one floating around in the 80's.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: