Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 05:13:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227930 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Rage Against The Machine free gig at Finsbury Park, London!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rage Against The Machine free gig at Finsbury Park, London!!  (Read 2120 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« on: February 17, 2010, 06:38:40 AM »

Anybody else manage to fight with the Seetickets.com allocation system to get tickets to this show? After over two hours of my girlfriend and myself both being on the site on multiple browsers, I finally managed to get some. Can't wait! Cheesy
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 07:18:27 AM »

made more sense to do a gig in the midlands if it were a free show. oh well, looks like i wont be going to this one.

html sucks
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 07:52:02 AM »

Didnt get through despite being on for over 3 hours. Wasnt sure my registration would have worked anyway due to teh fact they failed my photo I sent through on the Sat on Monday morning oh well. Guess wait to see if there are any warm up shows or normal gigs.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 08:09:24 AM »

u had to get tickets for this free show? i thought people would just be able to show up.. now there's a possibility people will sell their tickets for big money, if i were in england i'd go to download

would there be too many people if they just had  a "show up and we'll play" thingie?
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 08:13:43 AM »

u had to get tickets for this free show? i thought people would just be able to show up.. now there's a possibility people will sell their tickets for big money, if i were in england i'd go to download

would there be too many people if they just had  a "show up and we'll play" thingie?

the tickets will have the winners photos printed on them. so only the person who "won" them can use them

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 08:16:07 AM »

No possibility of that. You had to register last weekend with a passport photo of yourself. Photo will be printed on the ticket, and you'll be refused entry if it's not your photo on the ticket.
Also, the logistics of the amount of people turning up without tickets in the way your suggesting would be really unrealistic. About 200,000 signed up to have a chance to get tickets. Only about 20,000 people would be able to get in. That'd potentially leave 180,000 additional people in an already over-crowded city with nowhere to go.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 08:26:14 AM »

oh cool with the photo on the ticket ok i thought they were gonna play in a park as big as hyde park or something Tongue
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 08:42:41 AM »

No possibility of that. You had to register last weekend with a passport photo of yourself. Photo will be printed on the ticket, and you'll be refused entry if it's not your photo on the ticket.
Also, the logistics of the amount of people turning up without tickets in the way your suggesting would be really unrealistic. About 200,000 signed up to have a chance to get tickets. Only about 20,000 people would be able to get in. That'd potentially leave 180,000 additional people in an already over-crowded city with nowhere to go.

40,000 capacity

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: