Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 02:31:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best Buy exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy exclusive  (Read 555659 times)
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2620 on: November 25, 2008, 05:20:55 PM »

It certainly sounds a lot like a pro-tools screw up. I've made a fear few similar mistakes myself in the process of cutting/pasting and auto-tuning.  Grin

But mistakes like that are so easy to fix.  It just can't imagine it being unintentional.  It just doesn't make sense, it takes 30 seconds of work to fix something like that.  And for the record, though that effect could have been made by an extreme auto-tune change, I haven't heard a single artifact that actually sounds like the artifacts you get when auto-tuning a vocal track.

I dunno, I reckon there are a few hints of it in places (although less so than lots of albums)... But yeah, it would have been an easy fix.
If it is on purpose though, it still sounds bad to me. I'd rather think it was just a mistake, lol! Still a pretty good track though, regardless...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 05:25:03 PM by demo23nz » Logged
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #2621 on: November 25, 2008, 05:28:19 PM »

It certainly sounds a lot like a pro-tools screw up. I've made a fear few similar mistakes myself in the process of cutting/pasting and auto-tuning.  Grin

But mistakes like that are so easy to fix.  It just can't imagine it being unintentional.  It just doesn't make sense, it takes 30 seconds of work to fix something like that.  And for the record, though that effect could have been made by an extreme auto-tune change, I haven't heard a single artifact that actually sounds like the artifacts you get when auto-tuning a vocal track.

I dunno, I reckon there are a few hints of it in places (although less so than lots of albums)... But yeah, it would have been an easy fix.
If it is on purpose though, it still sounds bad to me. I'd rather think it was just a mistake, lol! Still a pretty good track though, regardless...

I'm curious to hear where you think you hear hints of auto-tune on the album, cause I've listened to it exhaustively and haven't heard anything.

As far as this odd noise, it is strange, and when listening to it closely, it's hard to imagine it was done on purpose.  On the other hand, since it would be so easy to fix, until others pointed it out to me, I never noticed it.  It sounded just like a bit of fire in his voice there.  Maybe that was the point?

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2622 on: November 25, 2008, 10:19:45 PM »

Yeah, they're gonna leave a "mistake" on their comeback album.

Come the fuck on.  Roll Eyes
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #2623 on: November 25, 2008, 10:28:16 PM »

Monday, I went to another Best Buy to see if they had any GN'R promotion since the first store didn't have any promotion at all. They second store did, a little. There was a sign out front of the store and there was also a cardboard display with all the previous GN'R albums, Chinese Democracy, and the CD record. I just remain disappointed in Best Buy and the way the GN'R "exclusive" was handled.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
wadey
Legend

« Reply #2624 on: November 26, 2008, 09:39:56 AM »

Has anyone got the Alternate covers yet from the pre-orders?

There are no alternate covers.

Yet, anyway.

i thought some guys pre-ordred different cover variants from best buy ages ago.......or did they get cancelled. there were 3 covers. A, B & C.
theres been that many threads ive been having trouble keeping up with it all

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2625 on: November 26, 2008, 09:51:12 AM »

i thought some guys pre-ordred different cover variants from best buy ages ago.......or did they get cancelled. there were 3 covers. A, B & C.
The B & C covers were cancelled (apparently these versions never existed to begin with).

As a "good will" gesture, BestBuy phoned/e-mailed everyone that pre-ordered them (B & C) and gave them FREE BestBuy coupons worth MORE $$$ than if you had actually been able to purchase them!!! beer 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jayberwanger
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2626 on: November 26, 2008, 12:17:50 PM »

I went to a Wal-Mart in CA yesterday and they did not have the CD album.  They didn't even have any information when it would come into stock.

Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #2627 on: November 26, 2008, 12:18:37 PM »

You can only buy it at a Best Buy  ok

shit happens when you party naked
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #2628 on: November 26, 2008, 12:19:43 PM »

Nope, my local radio station made a point of advertising that you can buy it at Gallery of Sound. ok Though it IS supposed to be exclusive.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2629 on: November 26, 2008, 12:23:58 PM »

Nope, my local radio station made a point of advertising that you can buy it at Gallery of Sound. ok Though it IS supposed to be exclusive.

Independent stores can get around exclusivity deals either by importing copies from overseas.
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2630 on: November 26, 2008, 12:29:15 PM »

In the U.S. it is bestbuy or indie stores only.  Every other place in the world can go to the store of their choosing.

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2631 on: November 26, 2008, 12:54:00 PM »

I went to a Wal-Mart in CA yesterday and they did not have the CD album.  They didn't even have any information when it would come into stock.

2008 called and wanted me to say hello.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2632 on: November 26, 2008, 12:56:53 PM »

they didn't try to sell you the new AC/DC album? hihi
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #2633 on: November 26, 2008, 03:20:16 PM »

Man Arrested For Demanding Chinese Democracy
by James Barron, New York Times, posted 1 hour ago.

Lawrence Reilly from Queens, New York was arrested early Tuesday evening for disorderly conduct inside the Virgin Megastore at the Times Square section of Manhattan for reportedly demanding a copy of the new Guns N' Roses album "Chinese Democracy."
Witnesses say Reilly was racing back and forth in the New Releases section of the store where he carelessly knocked over and threw down cds from the shelves in an attempt to find the new disc that was released by the band on Sunday, November 23.
When a worker came over to assist Reilly the situation became more volatile as Reilly was told that the disc was not available at the Virgin Megastore. Guns N' Roses have a deal with electronics store Best Buy where the album is exclusively being sold.
"He began cursing and yelling and becoming more and more agitated by the second," said John Garvey, a customer in the store at the time who first became aware of Reilly when he was bumped from behind. "I was looking through the new release section when I was suddenly slammed in the back. When I turned around to see what had happened, I noticed him (Reilly) behind me grabbing cds and moving them off the display shelves."

Other workers at the store began to notice the commotion and confronted Reilly according to store manager, Kent Debnam. "He began to yell threats and obscenities at the workers," said Debnam, reading from a report of the incident in which Reilly allegedly shouted, "I'll punch your lights out right here and right now," while allegedly shaking his fists at them.

"He kept demanding to be sold the album 'Chinese Democracy' and refused to listen to the reason as to why the album was not being sold at our location," Debnam said. When told that if he did not calm down security and the police would have to be called he reportedly said, "I don't give a (expletive) who you are. You are all little people on a power trip."

Police arrived soon after when Reilly said "Just arrest me."

According to police, Reilly was arrested at approximately 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday, and was released by 11 p.m.

Reilly was charged with a class one misdemeanor, the highest kind next to a felony. A conviction on this charge would merit either a $2,500 fine and/or six months in jail. Reilly will be arraigned in ten days and go before a judge, who will decide which it will be.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2634 on: November 26, 2008, 03:23:22 PM »

Is this a joke?  Hasn't axl said in the past "I'll punch your lights out" and "little people on power trip"?   This guy knows his Axl banter.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Frequent Flyer
Headliner

« Reply #2635 on: November 26, 2008, 03:26:34 PM »

This is obviously the beginning of an elaborate viral marketing campaign  Cool
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #2636 on: November 26, 2008, 03:26:49 PM »

alright which poster was this....??

Come on ! one of you own up to it.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #2637 on: November 26, 2008, 03:28:30 PM »

Shit Ive been busted!
wadey
Legend

« Reply #2638 on: November 26, 2008, 03:31:34 PM »

The B & C covers were cancelled (apparently these versions never existed to begin with).

As a "good will" gesture, BestBuy phoned/e-mailed everyone that pre-ordered them (B & C) and gave them FREE BestBuy coupons worth MORE $$$ than if you had actually been able to purchase them!!! beer 

thanks for the update gypsy, pretty cheap trick to pull that stunt.... few dissapointed fans over the pond then  Angry

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #2639 on: November 26, 2008, 03:34:38 PM »

Fake!

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: