Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:04:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227853 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pink Floyd tribute - opinions wanted
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pink Floyd tribute - opinions wanted  (Read 1477 times)
Danny Top Hat
« on: December 07, 2006, 09:48:55 PM »

I checked the music section in AdMag today and found a wanted ad for a Pink Floyd tribute band.? They're looking for a singer with a bit of guitar ability - well i'm a guitarist with a bit of singing ability..

The thing is - I could play just about any Gilmour solo with my eyes closed (no offense intended - he wrote quality solos).? I know the words to just about every song they've done and even look a bit like old school Gilmour when my hair's long...and i'm kinda in the process of growing it now.? I can copy Gilmour's voice quite well, though I probably wouldn't hit every note until I had some practice.? I'd do a classy Barratt, i'm sure of that. ok

Now for the downsides:? They live quite a while away in a place called Sutton on Trent (i'm in west bridgford, if there's anyone from Nottingham here).? I haven't looked up how far it is yet - my geography sucks but i'm guessing it'd be at least 2 busses from where I am.? I have an insanely busy week at the best of times with uni, work, spanish lessons, binge drinking, coursework, gigs, etc. - as well as another band that i've gotta take into account.? I'd love to give this new band a try but a guy's gotta sleep sometime!

I was hoping for some opinions from you guys here.  I mean, are tribute bands incredibly lame or will it be a lot of fun?  Might it be difficult to juggle two bands or will I cruise through it no problem?  What wouls you do?

I'll call them this evening if I call them at all.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 09:12:51 AM by Danny Top Hat » Logged
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 03:30:48 PM »

im supposed to be gooin tonight to the austrilian pink floyd show but my parents didn't by tickets  rant

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 03:42:41 PM »

By the sound of things dude you have too much on to manage this at the moment, to even consider it you'd be best cutting back on something.? How serious are you about your current band?? You could try this band and just stick with one, the one you like the most.

Travelling sounds tricky, doesn't stoner Arron live in Nottingham?

As for views on tribute bands.? They can be great - (Beatallica for instance...) and people love to go and see them in pubs/clubs, have a good night out and for many bands they begin as tribute acts, grow together as a band and then create their own music in the genre they are passionate about, course there are lame acts but there are many original, non-tribute bands who suck.....look into it, see what these guys are like, whether you gel and if they want you anyway, if you do and they do, then consider whether you can manage things.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: