Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:38:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227832 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 300705 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2006, 04:40:30 PM »

i didnt get it... but it looked very similar to the shirt with "G & R" on top of the star with 2 dragons underneith it and some flames found on the official website.
ok its a vintage style 2002 tshirt called dragons it is available from www.grindstore.com

« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 09:51:37 AM by anythinggoes » Logged
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2007, 09:03:14 PM »

as im watching re runs of Full house, one of the girls on there was talking about the music awards and she said "i bet you 5 marshmellows atleast one guy from guns n roses falls off the stage"

ive seen gnr mentions before so thought id post it lol
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2007, 09:07:16 PM »

I bet Joey and Saggot plugged in the gear down in the basement and started jammin out right after....any GN'R mention is good even if its on cheesy ass early 90's shows like Full House.
Manuplon
Opening Act

www.UziSuicide.com.ar

« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2007, 09:38:06 PM »

Did you mention the girl from Cape Fear hears "Patience" during a scene...?

UziSuicide
The biggest GNR-related WebSite in spanish
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2007, 01:22:18 AM »

Well i read a couple pages and haven't seen this one yet:  At the very end of Mallrats, Seconds before the credits roll, jay and silent bob are walking down the street and a weezer song comes on with a line that says "izzy, slash and axl rose..."
  Thats all i know from the song because its the only line worth noting and Weezer sucks (even if they are one of Axl's favorite bands; Axl may be the messiah, but even he can't save Weezer)

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
Lafayettecopssuck
Opening Act

Live your life like its a coma

« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2007, 01:28:49 AM »

Weezer is pretty much the best band of all time.   Smiley
Jacksonsbro
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2007, 04:18:41 AM »

They are a solid band...sorry OT
But they needed the backing
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2007, 04:23:00 AM »

suprised no one mentioned Slashs mention and sweet child playing on conan o brain the other day ... they had a big air purifier with slashes hat on and a cigarette lol..

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2007, 05:54:55 AM »

Well i read a couple pages and haven't seen this one yet:? At the very end of Mallrats, Seconds before the credits roll, jay and silent bob are walking down the street and a weezer song comes on with a line that says "izzy, slash and axl rose..."
? Thats all i know from the song because its the only line worth noting and Weezer sucks (even if they are one of Axl's favorite bands; Axl may be the messiah, but even he can't save Weezer)

That Weezer song is called 'Suzanne'...

The line is: '... even Izzy, Slash and Axl Rose. When I call you put them all on hold'
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 11:28:39 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »

I don't know if its been mentioned yet, But Axl was mentioned in the film True Lies.  Tom Arnold's character basically tells Arnold that kids are a lost cause these days when Axl Rose is their idol.  Thought it was pretty funny.
Annie
« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2007, 11:45:25 AM »

I saw an old episode of FULL HOUSE early this morning that mentioned GUNSNROSES at the VMAS.THey said that they thought that GNR would fall off the stage. hihi
dr.kool
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2007, 11:56:53 AM »

The Simpsons, Homer, Lisa and Bart dancing to WTTJ in a caravan.   Cool

YO!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2007, 12:15:30 PM »

Ned Flanders - Welcome to the Jungle Gym (simpsons)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fGfVGoIjAQ

The Simpsons Ruth And Marge Song Welcome To The Jungle (spanish? lolwtf)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bp9ibwabZ8
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 12:18:00 PM by CheapJon » Logged
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2007, 10:35:02 AM »

I posted this in the movie thread,but thought that I could post it here too

In the move Just My Luck I noticed a fun thing. A guy who worked behind the stage when a band were about to play said that he used to be the fill-in drummer for Whitesnake. He also had an Appetite t-shirt on,and  thought that all the guys in the pop/rock band that were about to play looked all the same  hihi

shit happens when you party naked
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2007, 12:57:44 PM »

I was so excited to post the Weezer/Mallrats reference but I guess I was too slow. But since we've diverged a few times from TV and Movies, I got one that hasn't come up yet. NOFX (my 2nd favorite band) mentions Guns in 2 songs.

in "El Lay" on the album "S & M Airlines": "Get outta my way. Can't you see I'm from LA. I met Slash. I got a Rose tattoo."

in "We Got Two Jealous Agains" on "The War On Errorism": Fat Mike sings about loving his wife because she has similiar taste in music which gives him doubles of all his favorite vinyl but then adds "What's with this Underdog, and this GN'R EP? I don't think Hanoi Rocks, and I don't want your Paul Stanly next to my Subhumans Gatefold. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I don't think this record merger is gonna work"

...i guess Mrs. Fat Mike owns Live @#$% Like A Suicide. hahaha

Song title similarities:

They Might Be Giants have a song called "Welcome To The Jungle" and The Arrogant Sons Of Bitches have a song called "November Rain" niether one bares any similarities to the GN'R songs.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 02:59:00 PM by Jay Tea » Logged
Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2007, 01:54:40 AM »

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I'm watching the movie Havoc right now, and some ho who got arrested and is sitting in jail said something about fucking Axl...or something. I wasn't really paying attention  rofl
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2007, 11:19:13 AM »

I was so excited to post the Weezer/Mallrats reference but I guess I was too slow. But since we've diverged a few times from TV and Movies, I got one that hasn't come up yet. NOFX (my 2nd favorite band) mentions Guns in 2 songs.

in "El Lay" on the album "S & M Airlines": "Get outta my way. Can't you see I'm from LA. I met Slash. I got a Rose tattoo."

in "We Got Two Jealous Agains" on "The War On Errorism": Fat Mike sings about loving his wife because she has similiar taste in music which gives him doubles of all his favorite vinyl but then adds "What's with this Underdog, and this GN'R EP? I don't think Hanoi Rocks, and I don't want your Paul Stanly next to my Subhumans Gatefold. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I don't think this record merger is gonna work"

...i guess Mrs. Fat Mike owns Live @#$% Like A Suicide. hahaha

More than likely he's referring to Lies since Like a Suicide is so rare ok

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2007, 11:22:57 AM »

I don't know if its been mentioned yet, But Axl was mentioned in the film True Lies.? Tom Arnold's character basically tells Arnold that kids are a lost cause these days when Axl Rose is their idol.? Thought it was pretty funny.

"You're not her parents. Axl Rose and Madonna are" or something like that...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2007, 02:24:40 PM »

There's a sweet new movie coming up on the Sci Fi Channel called "MegaSnake."  It's packed with GNR references...

*Two of the main characters are snake-handling brothers named Les Daniels (Les Paul + Jack Daniels) and Duff. 

*One character calls another one "Bumblefoot" when he trips and falls. 

*A guy pines over his lost love, Erin, while discussing how beautiful her smile and blue eyes were. 

*There's an abused dog named Izzy (a dog they liked to beat).

There are others, but I can't remember them all.  Plus, lots of references to Lynyrd Skynyrd, Alice Cooper, Rush and the Drive by Truckers.  That movie is a stroll through rock history.  But mainly GNR.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2007, 03:16:21 PM »

There's a sweet new movie coming up on the Sci Fi Channel called "MegaSnake."  It's packed with GNR references...

Glad you know your own work.  ok

Just like that band who's "covered" the new GN'R songs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: