Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:58:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson On CD 'Axl Was Really Trying To Do Something That No One Had Done'
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson On CD 'Axl Was Really Trying To Do Something That No One Had Done'  (Read 4691 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 01:06:09 PM »

"I never signed anything with Guns 'N' Roses that prevented me from doing anything with Paul," he said. "I don't know where that came from. The only one preventing me from doing that really is Paul."

I think this is a good point he makes here.  I've read so many comments over the years that infer band members can't make a move without Guns N' Roses' approval.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 01:18:12 PM »

"I never signed anything with Guns 'N' Roses that prevented me from doing anything with Paul," he said. "I don't know where that came from. The only one preventing me from doing that really is Paul."

I think this is a good point he makes here.  I've read so many comments over the years that infer band members can't make a move without Guns N' Roses' approval.

Thanks you. Why is it that some people think band members become workers under a rigid regime just because they are under contracts (wich we don't know many/any details of)?

I think Tommy's right about him takin' the Gn'R gig was the most 'punk' thing he could've done!

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 02:06:43 PM »

"Not that 'Chinese Democracy' was necessarily a huge success, but I think in a lot of ways it was, because it came out and, you know, people bought it."

I found Tommy's last comment pretty interesting.

In a way, he acts almost surprised that the album came out and that anyone actually bought it.

A while back, I remember Axl saying that he didn't doubt that the album would come out; only if it would be released in its finished form.

If Axl didn't doubt the album's eventual release, why would Tommy? Furthermore, why is he surprised that anyone bought it?

That almost seems like he questioned the quality of the material.

I suspect that statement meant 2 things:

1) It was a dig, by Tommy, at the label and at the way the album was distributed (and the way their manager managed that process).

2) The tenacity from the band to PUSH the album out.  By the accounts we've heard, that was a grueling process for everyone involved on the band's side.

It's like in sports: Sometimes you play a grueling, scrappy, arduous match/game which, ultimately, brings the team closer together even if, technically, you've "lost".  It yields better results down the road, and you learn from the experiences you went through to become better.

None of that has ANYTHING to do with the quality of the material.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:10:50 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: