Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:11:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227904 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Racial pride and prejudism
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racial pride and prejudism  (Read 28761 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2006, 06:22:01 AM »

I am proud to be an American. I'll fly my flag where ever and how ever I want .There is nothing wrong with flying the flag or being patriotic. I have a cross with an American flag on one leg and then an Italian flag tattooed on my forarm.

How could you not take pride in who you are and where you came from and who your ansesters(sp?) were.

1st your ancesters are certainly not from the us of a.
second, the fact that you can't spell some of your language words makes it all funny Smiley

Well im english so i have little likening for the french as they try to run me over when i go to there country (there countries hell on the road rofl) but they do have art, architexture and fashion which is something they could say they can be proud of.

Im damn proud to be american.. and my ancestors are americans.. Maybe you just have nothing to be proud of.. when was the last time the french had something to be proud of? I have nothing against the french but its pretty funny when they bash americans..

html sucks
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2006, 10:07:59 AM »

You pinko bastard! hihi

why are you calling me a communist? does calling for help from a christian country automatically make you a christian? no of course not...this is a typical response you get from Americans who cant deal with being second best even though they are second best in so many ways, including attitude

thats why i said we have the best of all the countries.... doesnt matter where it came from origanly its american now isnt it?

slash will always be english
you can keep marboro, gives you cancer
whisky isnt yours matey, we make it and we make the best in the world, the original product, everything else is a copy
and most jeans are made in the far east hihi

well it wont be long before China comes along and buys more and more of your companies, that would make the products Chinese wouldnt it?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2006, 11:06:32 AM »

well it wont be long before China comes along and buys more and more of your companies, that would make the products Chinese wouldnt it?

They got IBM............. Shocked

Who is next?

kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2006, 12:24:06 PM »

You pinko bastard! hihi

why are you calling me a communist? does calling for help from a christian country automatically make you a christian? no of course not...this is a typical response you get from Americans who cant deal with being second best even though they are second best in so many ways, including attitude

thats why i said we have the best of all the countries.... doesnt matter where it came from origanly its american now isnt it?

slash will always be english
you can keep marboro, gives you cancer
whisky isnt yours matey, we make it and we make the best in the world, the original product, everything else is a copy
and most jeans are made in the far east hihi

why are you keep bringing up slash? who gives a rats ass .. Slash prolly has an American passport and is an american citizen.. the point was who's countrys music do most countrys listen to? American music, and films are the most popular... not some local band for a country called Chad or Sudan or Greenland...? and i told you why its the most popular is coz its the best.... coz americans do it better.. you cant try to split hairs and trace Marlboro or Jeans or Jack Daniels or any other piece of americana back hundreds or thousands of years and say its not really ours.. but the fact is it is american.. America has the best of all countrys and thats what makes it the best.. the best at everything...its the best at everything coz it has the best from everywhere..?

kind of funny that china hasnt been to the moon or mars yet have they.? blah. americans do it better than anyone and you know it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 12:27:42 PM by kockstar999 » Logged
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2006, 12:48:40 PM »

why are you keep bringing up slash? who gives a rats ass .. Slash prolly has an American passport and is an american citizen.. the point was who's countrys music do most countrys listen to? American music, and films are the most popular... not some local band for a country called Chad or Sudan or Greenland...? and i told you why its the most popular is coz its the best.... coz americans do it better.. you cant try to split hairs and trace Marlboro or Jeans or Jack Daniels or any other piece of americana back hundreds or thousands of years and say its not really ours.. but the fact is it is american.. America has the best of all countrys and thats what makes it the best.. the best at everything...its the best at everything coz it has the best from everywhere..?

kind of funny that china hasnt been to the moon or mars yet have they.? blah. americans do it better than anyone and you know it.

OK I've ignored up til now but you're bigotry has gone to far at this point. Don't you realise that this is exactly why you guys have a negative image now adays? America surely is a great country when it is run properly but you are not the best at everything, by a long way. China may not have been to Mars or the moon but they built the only monument on the planet visible from the moon, before modern America even existed. Take you're head out of your arse please.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2006, 01:04:27 PM »

Some Americans really make me sick with their "Patriotism"? Roll Eyes? Make's me wish my country would have never sold New york? hihi

And cockstar you have to be the most naive person ever!? rofl Thank god all Americans aren't like you or I would be one of al qaeda's biggest supporters? beer? Wink
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2006, 01:16:24 PM »

OK I've ignored up til now but you're bigotry has gone to far at this point. Don't you realise that this is exactly why you guys have a negative image now adays? America surely is a great country when it is run properly but you are not the best at everything, by a long way. China may not have been to Mars or the moon but they built the only monument on the planet visible from the moon, before modern America even existed. Take you're head out of your arse please.

The great wall of china is not the only man made thing visible from space.. thats not true...
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2006, 01:17:53 PM »

Some Americans really make me sick with their "Patriotism"? Roll Eyes? Make's me wish my country would have never sold New york? hihi
here we go again tracing back 100s of years to make it seem like where ever yoru from has anything to do with the success of new york...

And cockstar you have to be the most naive person ever!? rofl Thank god all Americans aren't like you or I would be one of al qaeda's biggest supporters? beer? Wink
intelligent...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2006, 01:18:18 PM »

The great wall of china is not the only man made thing visible from space.. thats not true...

yeah the Missle Defense Agency building is ..... ? lol cracker Wink

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2006, 01:19:43 PM »

cockstar : you are NOT american, i bet your ancestors are from beligum or finland or what ever looser  country you want ....

ps: finish got a problem with that ? Wink

kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2006, 01:29:02 PM »

cockstar : you are NOT american, i bet your ancestors are from beligum or finland or what ever looser? country you want ....

ps: finish got a problem with that ? Wink

no dude im american.. parents are american.. grandparents and great grand parents are american.. .. here you go again trying to trace shit back decades and hundreds of years to try to say that nothing is american...? ? but the fact is america does it better coz it has the best from everywhere...? split all the hairs you want and say that hundreds of years ago egypt might have invented the wheel or something but now in 2006 who cares about egypt or chad or zimbabwe coz those places are shite! and dont mean dick to the global picture.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 01:31:31 PM by kockstar999 » Logged
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2006, 01:29:42 PM »

yeah the Missle Defense Agency building is ..... ? lol cracker Wink

what an intelligent reply . 
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2006, 01:35:24 PM »

You can't see the great wall of china from space.? that's a myth.? If you're going to refute someone with an (lame) example, at least have something factual.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 01:37:03 PM by The Gunslinger » Logged
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2006, 01:41:42 PM »

Prove me wrong. And you haven't adressed the rest of my post.

You can't see the great wall of china from space.? that's a myth.? If you're going to refute someone with an (lame) example, at least have something factual.

I disagree : http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/images.php3?img_id=4840
http://www.chinapage.com/china-space.html

And a quote:  according to American astronaut Eugene Cernan, speaking during a visit to Singapore: "In Earth's orbit at a height of 160 to 320 kilometres, the Great Wall of China is indeed visible to the naked eye."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 02:29:37 PM by Jamie » Logged
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2006, 01:45:12 PM »

?If you have something against nationalism or patriotism (just exactly what do those terms means cause I think alot of people confuse the two) that's fine and your right. ?But don't knock America as some immigrant or young country. ?All countries, albeit France, Japan or even Cuba are immigrant countries. ?It's just not as if people sprouted up in Russia or have always been there since the big bang. ?Every country is a country made up of immigrants if you take it back far enough.
 ? I consider myself American, although my ancestors are all of Germanic decent. ?I don't call myself a German or German-American. ?I take pride in the fact that my elected leaders are willing to take a stand for something and just not stand on the sidelines. ?I take pride in being part of the American-military machine. ?I can take pride in all of these because I am part of the system no matter how small or insignificant; just like the sense of pride you get when your favorite football team wins. ?It seems it's the cool thing now to knock America and if that gets you through your day more power to ya. ?No amount of hatred or pride is going to change the fact that America has more influence (good or bad) on the world than any other nation. ?Like Aristotle said, everything in moderation. ?It seems that lately there's been an abundance of hatred and ignorance going on though.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2006, 01:47:33 PM »

ok, Jamie that is an enhanced picture.? You couldn't see that with the naked eye from space (which I assume is what your original claim was; if not then what's the big deal about seeing any small object from space then.)? And, I might add that you're using NASA (whammo, an American entity) to prove your point.? Doesn't Ireland have a space agency?
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2006, 01:52:06 PM »

ok, Jamie that is an enhanced picture.? You couldn't see that with the naked eye from space (which I assume is what your original claim was; if not then what's the big deal about seeing any small object from space then.)? And, I might add that you're using NASA (whammo, an American entity) to prove your point.? Doesn't Ireland have a space agency?

Fine then if you'll look at my post again you'll see a similar picture taken from a European shuttle, the second link. And I'll admit Ireland does not have a space agency, certainly not one I've heard of, as we don't have the financial resources to explore space, but at least I'll admit and not try and say, although I love my country, that we're the best in the world at everything.

(Edit):
Plus my aim is not to bash America, I have admitted here:

America surely is a great country when it is run properly but you are not the best at everything, by a long way.

that America is can be a great country. Just because I don't agree with your current government (which I will say nothing more about for fear of the thread getting too political) does not mean I hate your country in every way, far from it. That would make me a hypocrite. All I am pointing out is the evident bigotry of some of the people posting in this topic, and their refusal to admit that America is not the beginning and end of the planet.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 01:57:44 PM by Jamie » Logged
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2006, 02:00:51 PM »

I dont need to prove you wrong.. just do a google search and you can prove yourself wrong.. and there wasnt anything else to address in the rest of your post... a bunch of opinion followed by telling me to pull my head out of my ass..

you didnt address anyhting that i said.. why do most coutrys watch american movies, tv, and listen to american bands? surely they have alternatives in thier own countrys dont they? ill tell you why coz they want the best and we deliver...  would you rather listen to a garge band from greenland or listen to Alice Cooper?
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2006, 02:03:30 PM »

refusal to admit that America is not the beginning and end of the planet.

yes it is... everywhere in the world is or can be influenced in some why by what we do... 
Brody
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2006, 02:08:12 PM »

You can't see the great wall of china from space.  that's a myth.  If you're going to refute someone with an (lame) example, at least have something factual.

I disagree : http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/images.php3?img_id=4840
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/images.php3?img_id=4840

The Gunslinger is correct.. you cannot see the Great wall with the naked eye from space.. that is a satelite image that is zoomed in.. Do i need to post satelite images of my house and say that my house is visible from space!

Kockstar you have every right to be proud of the US.. I Am.. FYI.. More foriegners serve in our military then any other countries military!

And Wat EVER im totally bugn..

I think its quite obviouse you dont like americans.. Cause i remember your post saying NY Try to be french or some shit like that.. you just sound anti american and it makes me wish our American Grandfathers would have sat at home while the Germans took you country with ease.. I wish we would have just done like you all want us to do and mind our own buisness and stayed out of other countries affairs.. We could have just dealt with Japan and saved thousands of american lives and cost alot more of your lives.. You might not even be alive today if we would have done that!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: