Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:21:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  my guitar is still messed up! help!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my guitar is still messed up! help!  (Read 2828 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: May 07, 2004, 08:41:33 PM »

i got my guitar back from the shop today, hot damn they did a great job, they took it apart cleaned it inside an out did an excellent job

i was playing and my 3rd string 2nd fret or the "A" sounds like shit! its the only place on my fretboard but god damn what a twangy sounding piece of shit note!

that note is one of the most important notes on the guitar, as A,Am,Dm,D, and F cannot be played without it! what could possibly be wrong? is it the fret? but if it was the fret how come its just on the 3rd string every other note on that fret sounds perfect except for the A on the 2nd fret 3rd string

i need help bad!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 09:03:19 PM »

been there man, my Telecaster was like that on a few frets after I bought a new neck for it, I fixed it myself, but it was lots of work, small tiny adjustments and things like that. I used some sand-paper thing on the frets and polished them down a bit, and there was neck adjustments to be done and shit. it plays like a dream now though.
but if you want it fixed fast, and not risking ruining the neck, I suggest you take it back, they'll fix it for you.
if you have really low action, you can try raising the bridge a bit. the frets might just need to be played in a bit too, who knows. ok

did you get the Frusciante album yet? Im listening to it right now, it's a fucking awesome album! best one Ive heard in ages peace

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 07:33:44 PM »

Well, if you payed the guitar shop to setup your guitar, they should've sorted this out.

Does the string buzz?  Take a look at the fret, and see it there's a little notch in it where the string sits when you fret the note.  You could also try bending the B string up to about the same place where the G string sits (or the D string down) and see if they buzz.  If they do you'll probably either need to replace the fret or get it recrowned or something.

If however you mean that the note just sounds like shit, i.e. awful tone, then I can only suggest getting a wound G string.

I dunno...can you describe the symptom in a bit more detail?

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 05:46:50 PM »

i took it back to the shop they said they'd have to adjust the neck

every note on the guitar sounds great but that a on the 3rd string second fret

cant bend strings cause think of how many chords u play using that A note

F,A,Am,D,Dm are just a few chords u cannot play without 2nd fret 3rd string

every note on the 2nd fret sounds great except for the A on the 3rd string

it twangs and is muffled soundin like something is layin on the string or something

has your strap ever been layin across the strings and u pluck the strings? thats what that note sounds like

hopefully they get it straightened out

by the way everyone i got my SCSI cable on the way, so look at my D section for more songs to be put up in the next few weeks!

thanks everyone!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 06:54:49 PM »

I hope they sort it out whatever it is.

And i'll be looking out for your stuff!

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: