Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:02:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite Vol.2 ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite Vol.2 ?  (Read 2274 times)
jameslofton28
« on: May 22, 2004, 06:26:26 PM »

Does anyone wonder why Axl doesn't release this for his fans while we wait for Chinese Democracy? For those of you who never heard about this, Axl supposedly re-recorded Appetite with 'Patience' and 'You Could be Mine'. I don't think any band has re-recorded one of its own albums, so it would be a first in music history. Axl likes breaking new ground so it's something he should seriously consider doing.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 06:38:59 PM »

you can't re-record a legendary album. This is not more complicated than that. If Axl wants to release something, then he will release NEW MATERIAL.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 06:43:26 PM »

Does anyone wonder why Axl doesn't release this for his fans while we wait for Chinese Democracy?

There's more legal issues than one could imagine...

Axl likes breaking new ground so it's something he should seriously consider doing.

No offense, Axl was a part of creating some really great music, but he's never been accused of breaking any new ground...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 06:44:37 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jameslofton28
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 06:54:51 PM »

I would consider releasing two albums on the same day as breaking new ground!!
axlroselegend
Headliner

Irish Gunner

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2004, 07:21:45 PM »

it would be better if axl just gave us a studio version of either maddy,the blues or chinese democracy to help tide us over...he said they were not the big guns and would not be on the album so it would not interfere with upcoming singles off the record!!!
ps i know he said they wouldn't be on the cd but cant imagine the title track not being on there as much as i would like to have a brand new never before heard collection of songs on cd
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2004, 07:29:38 PM »

I would consider releasing two albums on the same day as breaking new ground!!

Good call. I'd also credit him with a number of ground-breaking actions in regards to an artist's freedom of expression. Musicians are getting away with a ton of stuff now that would have caused an uproar 15-20 years ago. Axl and GN'R led the way in making such changes.
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2004, 07:34:14 PM »

i know he said they wouldn't be on the cd but cant imagine the title track not being on there as much as i would like to have a brand new never before heard collection of songs on cd

But what is one other example of GN'R having a title track included on a record? The problem with a popular title track is that it gets associated with the record in general.

I think it would be cool if they release a CD single for "The Blues" that includes the slow version from the 2002 tour (which is presumably what will appear on the record) and the fast-paced version from Vegas/Rio. You obviously don't want one of your top singles coming out six to twelve months before the release of the record though.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 07:01:50 AM »

im guessing some re record trax are gonna be part of the extra songs list on the new album, i hope so...i just thought, i wounder if re-recording some old songs are apart of the constant hold ups for the album. It wouldnt be a big part of it but could be something to do with it.
maybe Undecided

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 07:15:21 AM »

If AXL released a re-recorded AFD i wouldn't buy it, no one really would i dont think Undecided

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: