Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:14:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What would you give to have the REAL GnFnR reunite?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would you give to have the REAL GnFnR reunite?  (Read 25039 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2004, 09:38:49 PM »

Why?  Its essentially the same as the record?

Then again, you do think "Silkworms" is a really good song, so...
Not the version I heard.

Yep silkworms is a song that should be heard!

It don't really matter.
Agreed

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2004, 09:43:02 PM »

Not the version I heard.

Okay, out of curiosity...whats different about it, and why is it laughable?
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2004, 09:52:26 PM »

I would give almost anything for a reunion.
Unfortunately, as Slash made clear on BTM, a reunion is a very very distant possibility. Huge obstacles exist, and they are not likely to be overcome. I don't mean monetary or legal obstacles, but  rather personal relationships.
Further, I saw VR live and Slash was exuberant about the new band (VR) and said this is just the beginning. He was having so much fun and seemed so happy that it is hard to believe he or Duff (or Mattt) have much incentive to go back and deal with Axl, who can be difficult at times. So I would say, enjoy VR because a reunion is not going to happen anytime soon.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2004, 10:16:15 PM »

because everyone was saying how it was this great song when all i heard was an stp cover of atlanta...but the studio definatly proved me wrong

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2004, 10:45:06 PM »

because everyone was saying how it was this great song when all i heard was an stp cover of atlanta...but the studio definatly proved me wrong

Oh...thanks for not answering the question.  Huh
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2004, 11:41:51 PM »

I really don't want a reunion unless they will make new material, but I doubt they would. They would probably just play old songs and tour until noone in the world gives a shit.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2004, 02:12:58 AM »

what i dont like is when people are keen on a reunion but have the  'Matt or Steven' shit in it.
Have alittle respect for Steven people, Steven is great, Matt sux!!!

oh n' fuck a reunion, if anything i would like to see Axl's old freind Izzy on stage with him.!! :yes.
Im looking foward to the future and the new one, a reunion will not happen!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
madagas
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2004, 08:09:15 AM »

Falcon, ELO?Huh? Nice.... hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi I don't necessarily agree with you when it comes to discussing Scotty boy and hairy knuckle hair metal Slash (his Contraband-Snakepit persona), but you do have some classic one liners. ok ps if you are wondering where the hair metal comment comes from, Contraband, outside of two songs, is simply recycled late 80's hair metal riffs glossed over with a fine "modern rock sheen" by some half ass corporate meathead producer.  yes
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 09:06:50 AM by madagas » Logged
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2004, 08:24:40 AM »

Right now, I don't want to. I love the old band, but that belongs to the past. I want to see what the new ( well, not so new anymore) GNR has to bring because so far, we have nothing more than a cancelled tour, an average MTV performance and an album title. If the new band fails and VR call it quits, then we cdould talk about a reunion.

What would I give? that won't really matter If that happens, they old five will be offered so much money, they will be able to wipe their ass with 100 dollar bill for the rest of their lives!!
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2004, 08:29:58 AM »

My left nut!

Ritz Reeves III
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2004, 09:39:07 AM »

LOLOLOL

A thread about GNR reuniting one day has become another VR vs GNR thread hihi

A GNR/VR comparison always end's up looking bad for VR so why do people still do it?

GNR will never reunite - we know enough about Axl's personality to realise he doesn't forgive and never seems to forget. Besides he doesn't need the others (well maybe Izzy) i like the music as much as anything by the original band.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Kampsch
Opening Act

Live your own life.

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2004, 11:52:33 AM »

NOTHING I LOVE THE NEW VERSION OF GUNS N'ROSES ok
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2004, 06:12:48 PM »

I wanna see what the new band can do with Chin Dem

EEEERRRR Little boy
Elrothiel
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2004, 07:57:24 PM »

I would LITERALLY cut off both my arms, legs, and shave off my hair to see the original Appetite line up play one more time. I don't give a flying fuck about VR, although I'm intrigued about what Axl's been doing for the past 10 years with CD. But still, that is what I would do to see the original 5 play again. I wouldn't care even if I couldn't get front row tickets, I just want to see them be friends again. I know it ain't never gunna happen, but hey, a girl can dream, right! Smiley
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2004, 08:58:35 PM »

i honestly would'nt give anything to see gnr re-unite.. i wanna see what the new band can do first.. but i do want Izzy to came back really badly.. just imagine man, Izzy and Axl side by side carrying the GnR name.. it'd be just like the Rolling Stones..  drool

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
gasgage
Opening Act

« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2004, 06:39:01 AM »

At this time I would give $22.50 because that is what the band use to charge.  I remember being one of the first people in my town to buy the UYI albums.  I bought them in the morning before school because the mall open early for the release.  At lunch time I had a lot of people come out to my car to see what the album covers looked like.  After two cancellations I saw Guns play at th Pontiac Silverdome in 92 which was amazing.  I went to the Las Vegas show at the HOB for $250 ticket price to see Axl scream "Do You Know Where You Are" which was the first time in like ten years.  It really can't get better than that.  I saw Slash play at the Cat Club for $5.00 on a one foot stage playing the song Red House.  I was about two feet from Slash and his cigarette that was in his mouth with drool a foot long coming down from it until a girl grabbed it from him so he didn't burn himself.  It's all been amazing.  You all got to understand that money or anything else isn't what should be thought about on this topic.  When it happens just go with it.  If you can afford it, do it.  I didn't even know Slash would be at the Cat Club but he showed up and it was great.  The Pontiac Silverdome show was just magical because it felt like it just happen after such a long time of waiting because of the cancellations.  Since I have been a Guns fan for so long I've learned to just go with the flow.  When it happens just Cherish it.  Try not to plan anything out with Guns because it just turns out to be a disappointment.  But when Guns N Roses happens, it really happens.

Just remember this when you go and buy Chinese Democracy.  It will be a great memory of many in your life time.
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2004, 07:43:33 AM »

I don't think a reunion is gonna happen, so I ain't holdin' my breath for it, even though it would be great.

Why is everybody on this board bashing Matt Sorum? Huh I mean, maybe he said some thins in Behind The Music that made him look extremely stupid, but that still doesn't change the fact that he's technically a very good drummer, possibly even better that Steven Adler. I was watching the Paris 1992 show on VCD yesterday and I noticed that Matt plays with double bass pedal in several of the songs and on his drum solo. How many times have you heard or seen Steven use double bass pedal? Besides if anyone sucks it's Robin Finck. He completely raped Slash's great solos on November Rain and Sweet Child O'Mine.  I would much rather have had Finck leave than Buckethead, I mean he may have been eccentric but at least he could play guitar, for christs sake..

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2004, 07:51:23 AM »

GNR reunion?  Roll Eyes
VR is doing fantastic - touring, writing songs for 2nd album.... Axl has a new band and 3 albums recorded... Izzy doesn't want to be in a big band again... Steven is wasted... a GNR reunion?  Grin
darkmonth
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2004, 08:27:27 AM »

Fuck the old band.
Slash and duff are assholes.
Just get BH back.

HAHA!!

Duff and Slash left while Axl was sitting on his ass...

BH left while Axl was ready to take the band to a gig ....

and you say Duff and Slash are assholes?

BH has done more harm to Axl recently!  Fucking hell Dave, get your priorities right!!!!  Dork.
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2004, 08:28:08 AM »

Steven is not wasted. If you're referring to the way he talked on Behind The Music, that's because he suffered a stroke a few years ago.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: