Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:12:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Difference of perception in time ...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Difference of perception in time ...  (Read 11454 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« on: June 29, 2005, 06:02:20 PM »

alright.
the thing is that we're waiting for CD and we don't understand how it can take so long. and we don't see why axl isnot talking to us or the media.

but see, lets say you're getting ready to go out. and your friends are waiting for you at a caf? or something.
and you show up , um, 1h late (not so bad)

for them, it was like " where the fuck is he ? did he get lost ? did he took the right metro ?"
and they try to call you, but the call don't go through ... and they way, and it's hell.

back to you.
you're online talking to your girlfriend on msn, then you tell her you don't have time, you gotta go out, and she says "you're a douchebag .."
then you start getting dress, but you dont like that shirt, so you change it. and then you do your hair, then you look for your sunglasses. and then the phone rings, mom. you brush your teeth, you run to the metro, you wait, metro stops, you wait. and you get to your friends.
* the same hour is like 10 minutes for you.

same thing in life. a year ago, when i was reading news about my favorite video games being postponned or something, i was like " what the hell ?? what are they doing ? it's not that hard !!!"
and now that i'm inside ubi soft, i see how it goes, and i see people complaining about ghost recon 3 getting pushed up, or stuff like that.

so it's the same with GNR.
there is a difference between how we felt these 5 or 6 years, not only the length but also the reasons and explanation.
a difference with how people IN gnr feel it.

i dont know if my point is clear.
just that if CD is late, if Axl is silent: there are reasons. good reasons. and it muste be hell for axl too.
we already complain about the wait, while we have lives (well, some of us) and things to do and worry about.
Chinese Democracy is Axl's life. his whole time. (i guess ...)

" time is different sometimes" - jessica simpson, 2003

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 06:06:26 PM »

There may be some truth to this.  Insane people do not percieve time as the rest of us do.  Axl probably has little concern for what year we may happen to be living in at the moment.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 06:07:30 PM »

I don't really know what you are talking about but what I know is that all that silence starts to get on my nerves.
the lack of news is... no
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 06:15:11 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 06:48:49 PM »

Well Axl's story is a little different than yours about friends waiting for him at a cafe. Everybody knows when it comes to a release date Axl, Tommy,... all seem to be full of shit. So for us to complain about CD not being released every day is like waitng for water to boil.
Its like wer'e staring at the pot and waiting for the water to boil. Anyone who waits that long will eventually become unpatient and pissed off. Thats why some of us do things to occupy ourselfs until the water begins to boil, that way it wont seem as long.
MikeB
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 07:08:41 PM »

Axl seems to have missed  out alot in his life. He's in his mid 40's already, no girlfriend or wife and kids. If I choose to get married and have kids real later in my life , the oldest is going to be in my late 30's.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 08:59:26 PM »

Axl seems to have missed  out alot in his life. He's in his mid 40's already, no girlfriend or wife and kids.

Who knows man.  He seems to have found some happiness with Beta and her family.  And how do you know he has no girlfriend right now?

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 03:44:11 AM »

bessamk, I guess to understand your point... and I agree with you

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 05:36:15 AM »

bessamk, I guess to understand your point... and I agree with you

good !

but also, i'm not trying to defend axl and all. it's just that, " as we're on the other side of the fence, we don"t understand ...." kevin bacon, 2001

TWOIFBYSEA
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 10:16:15 AM »

What? !@#%   Kevin Bacon is doing guest vocals on CD Huh Holy shite this is awesome !!!!

*scurries off to Sp1at.com*

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 11:00:59 AM »

I can see what you are saying but Axl is a professional musician.  And yes, while I do feel for him and the problems he has, he also has an obligation to his fans.  I know alot of you dissagree with that but I feel he does.  We support him through and through and I think if anything he should let us know what's going on.   He doesn't have to give us the album but at least if he gave us a statement or a message we wouldn't have these discussions on whether he really doesn't give a fuck or if he really has had tremendous problems getting this cd out.  The silence is deafening and while I don't believe he doesn't give a fuck at all, I do believe the more silence that goes on every year, the more and more fans will get frustrated and not be sympathetic towards him at all, it's happening now.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 07:05:15 PM »

You guys, perception of time is not the issue. What has been accomplished DURING that time is the main issue.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 07:51:13 PM »

You guys, perception of time is not the issue. What has been accomplished DURING that time is the main issue.

I hope you're right.  I hope when I get CD in my hands I will say, yes this was totally worth the wait.  I know I will love the album, I just hope we get it soon.  We all have been waiting so long.

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 09:25:38 PM »

DTJ, I think the universal reaction to CD is gonns be," You mean we waited 12 years for this!?". It doesnt matter how good or bad the material is, thats what people are gonna say. It would take a true masterpiece to make the 12 year wait null and void.

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2005, 01:03:56 AM »

Axl doesn't have an obligation to anyone except himself.  Ultimately, it's his life.  If Chinese Democracy never surfaces, you (the fans) will have lost nothing, but, Axl will have lost a lot of time and energy dedicated to something that never comes to pass. 

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2005, 02:33:25 AM »

Yeah, Axl was gonna release the album in 2003, but then he got a phone call, then he decided he wanted to wear the blue bandana, then Seinfeld came on and he was like, "Oh shit I'll just watch this one episode", but it was a marathon, then it was dinner time, then his car broke down, then Jerry Rice left the Raiders so he had to get a Randy Moss jersey to wear, then all of a sudden it was 2005 and the album still wasn't out yet. 

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
journey
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 03:13:49 AM »

alright.
the thing is that we're waiting for CD and we don't understand how it can take so long. and we don't see why axl isnot talking to us or the media.

but see, lets say you're getting ready to go out. and your friends are waiting for you at a caf? or something.
and you show up , um, 1h late (not so bad)

for them, it was like " where the fuck is he ? did he get lost ? did he took the right metro ?"
and they try to call you, but the call don't go through ... and they way, and it's hell.

back to you.
you're online talking to your girlfriend on msn, then you tell her you don't have time, you gotta go out, and she says "you're a douchebag .."
then you start getting dress, but you dont like that shirt, so you change it. and then you do your hair, then you look for your sunglasses. and then the phone rings, mom. you brush your teeth, you run to the metro, you wait, metro stops, you wait. and you get to your friends.
* the same hour is like 10 minutes for you.

same thing in life. a year ago, when i was reading news about my favorite video games being postponned or something, i was like " what the hell ?? what are they doing ? it's not that hard !!!"
and now that i'm inside ubi soft, i see how it goes, and i see people complaining about ghost recon 3 getting pushed up, or stuff like that.

so it's the same with GNR.
there is a difference between how we felt these 5 or 6 years, not only the length but also the reasons and explanation.
a difference with how people IN gnr feel it.

i dont know if my point is clear.
just that if CD is late, if Axl is silent: there are reasons. good reasons. and it muste be hell for axl too.
we already complain about the wait, while we have lives (well, some of us) and things to do and worry about.
Chinese Democracy is Axl's life. his whole time. (i guess ...)

" time is different sometimes" - jessica simpson, 2003

That was very eloquent, buggin.  Wink

"I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness." -? Alicia Silverstone
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 03:15:33 AM by journey » Logged
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 08:25:00 AM »

"I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness." -? Alicia Silverstone

is dat a real quote ? Grin

jameslofton29 : i see what you mean, but it's the way insiders (management, band) feel the time is important. they don't worry, they don't rush.
same thing with my story of the guy getting ready to go out.
he didnt do much (get dressed, brush teeth) but he took his time, and didnt rush.
same thing with axl. he does not "realize" that people can wait for CD that much. he is just doing his thing. at his rythm.

mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 11:43:48 AM »

ohhhh....so what you're saying is Axl is still on the metro trying to get to the studio, right?
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 04:45:16 PM »

DTJ, I think the universal reaction to CD is gonns be," You mean we waited 12 years for this!?". It doesnt matter how good or bad the material is, thats what people are gonna say. It would take a true masterpiece to make the 12 year wait null and void.

I agree..   It's the media and his peers that will probably have the reactions you stated above and the VR fans that aren't really or just aren't into new GNR as much as they are into old GNR.
I truthfully don't like to use the word masterpiece when talking about music because that label is just not something that any band should HAVE to live up to no matter how long they take to do an album.

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 04:59:10 PM »

DTJ, you're absolutely correct. No band should have to contend with the term 'masterpiece'. But Axl is used to it by now. Dont you remember 89-91, when the Illusions records' "Big Guns" were described as "massive epics"? It built alot of suspense for the records, and made the wait almost unbearable. As for CD, it isn't the media that throws these terms around like in the Illusions days. Its Axl's band members. They throw around terms like 'mind blowing' and 'earth shattering', and Axl's reference to certain songs being 'Big Guns'. If Axl wants to blame someone for the high expectations, he needs to only look in the mirror and in the direction of his bandmates.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: