Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:14:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If they could get it together.....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If they could get it together.....  (Read 1986 times)
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: November 29, 2005, 04:34:04 PM »

Queen + Paul Rodgers is starting a North American Tour in March.  It should do very well and attract a large audience.  If they could get the album out by March it would be a good idea to try and be the opening band for them on the tour.  This way they could expose a large audience to the new material, and if things went well they could launch their own larger tour.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 04:41:47 PM »

guns n roses.. wont open for anyone!
they are a major act! their comeback tour is the resurection of Rock! is return of Guns N Fuckin Roses!

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 05:04:13 PM »

I understand the fact that they probably wouldn't open for anyone, but Axl has a lot of respect for Brian May, and it would be a smart idea to open for a band that will have a big audience.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 05:26:45 PM »

they are a major act! their comeback tour is the resurection of Rock! is return of Guns N Fuckin Roses!

"major act" - that might be kind of pushing it now that we're rolling into 2006 with no sign of Democracy.  Oh, and btw, I'm pretty much one of the most hardcore fans you'll ever speak to.  I just happen to be a realist.  Axl isn't selling out my living room at this point without an album release.  You can only do the 'first re-appearance on stage in eight years' thing once, really.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 05:31:28 PM »

If GNR doesn't open for anyone, they will probably co-headline.  GNR are not quite the "major act" anymore.  They're gonna have to rebuild what once was.

axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 05:47:44 PM »

One other thing to think about is if Axl decides to use the Brian May material on the album they could have him(Brian May) come and play with them for a couple of songs during the show.  Just a thought, and yes I know this is all hypothetical.
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 05:54:49 PM »

"major act" - that might be kind of pushing it now that we're rolling into 2006 with no sign of Democracy.? Oh, and btw, I'm pretty much one of the most hardcore fans you'll ever speak to.? I just happen to be a realist.? Axl isn't selling out my living room at this point without an album release.? You can only do the 'first re-appearance on stage in eight years' thing once, really.

-darknemus

At the rate Axl is going he will be able to do another "first re-appearance on stage in eight years" in only a few more years to go along with the release of Chinese Democracy in 2010.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 10:43:16 PM »

They will never open for anyone again. I remember ina  slash interview back in 89 he couldnt see opening up for anyone excpet maybe the stones and that was the last band they opened for.
GunnerRose
Headliner

You can make my money Tonight!

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 10:46:02 PM »

Dark...let me know if The Band is coming over....I will join ya'll.

LJ
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 10:56:19 PM »

GNR will never open for anyone, regardless of whether GNR headlining can sell out arenas. Imagine GNR opening for someone and playing an hour. Not enough time to play enough of their material. Axl would get booed off the stage every night.

W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 11:26:03 PM »

who ever would have thought....We're waiting for the Comeback from the Comeback.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 11:34:41 PM »

"major act" - that might be kind of pushing it now that we're rolling into 2006 with no sign of Democracy.? Oh, and btw, I'm pretty much one of the most hardcore fans you'll ever speak to.? I just happen to be a realist.? Axl isn't selling out my living room at this point without an album release.? You can only do the 'first re-appearance on stage in eight years' thing once, really.

-darknemus

Its logical.. this time they HAVE to tour with an album out.. or at least a REAL realase date...
I made my post... thinkin that in this imaginary tour they will have the record out....
im with you.. .they CANT tour without a CD out and major promotion

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 11:56:15 PM »

who ever would have thought....We're waiting for the Comeback from the Comeback.
Good one! rofl

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: