Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:06:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  You know.. if the whole or most of the album is leaked...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: You know.. if the whole or most of the album is leaked...  (Read 13803 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2006, 06:02:42 PM »

well, it can be done elegantly.
there are scripts that block writing e-mail adresses, http, or forbid mentioning certain names such as "better", "twat"(and other possible songs) or "kazaa", "hub",...
also PM could be blocked.

at least that way it would be limited to a small amount of people, and new "meeting points" won't be able to "pop up" as you put it.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
littlewing
Headliner

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2006, 06:04:08 PM »

The last time a Gn'R forum was shut down (gnronline) 5 or 6 forums shot up within the next couple weeks... If HTGTH and the others were shut down, new ones would be popping up just as quick.

You can't stop Gn'R fans, we're insane..or dedicated.. it's a fine line.

And don't forget that was only shut down because it was on the band's webpage. They have no control over the other 99% of fan forums.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2006, 06:04:41 PM »

next we'll have another song (prostitute) the way people are carrying on.. To bad axl didn't release this album sooner..
tat2d1
Opening Act

i don't give a fuck

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2006, 06:11:06 PM »

next we'll have another song (prostitute) the way people are carrying on.. To bad axl didn't release this album sooner..

you really think so? i kinda hope not. i know i'll download it if it does leak, but in a way i'd just rather wait til the cd comes out.

Once there was this rock n roll band rollin' on the streets. Time went by and it became a joke. They just needed more and more fulfilling,uh huh. Time went by, it all went up in smoke.....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2006, 06:12:39 PM »

you really think so? i kinda hope not. i know i'll download it if it does leak, but in a way i'd just rather wait til the cd comes out.

I rather wait if cd was coming soon, like a few months.. The onyl way to stop me is if there was an announcement to address everything (merck-axl) and give you teh real details on the whole situation.. Enough with the silence
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2006, 06:19:08 PM »

We haven't yet heard a single song off Chinese Democracy. All we heard were live versions and demos!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2006, 06:23:37 PM »

Prostitute is one of the tracks I wish to obtain in its entirety.

When someone leaked CITR in full, it prohibited me from doing so, the trade was literally about 5 minutes from going down and I know the person was legit.

Trust me, Prostitute is out there... as well as one other song. Wink
RichardNixon
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2006, 07:11:09 PM »

This is what IggyPopWillEatItself of Metal Sludge has to say about the leaks. Not an insider, but a smart guy:

Intentional.

Think about it. If these leaks weren't planned, you guys know Axl. He'd be LOSING HIS SHIT. He wouldn't be out partying and having pics taken in public and having a good old time and playing songs for everyone he sees.

And like I said in another thread, it makes perfect sense for the leaked tracks to be of lesser quality than the album versions. Why would you leak the exact same versions? You wouldn't. You'd leak ones that sounded decent, were good enough to give people an idea of the songs, and make them curious to hear the album versions.

You wouldn't leak half the actual cd.

But you would leak a bunch of rough versions in order to get people curious enough to buy the cd to hear the finished versions.

This is a total stunt. Which is fine. But the new people signing up, saying how Big Brother is watching us, threatening the fans, blah blah blah, that part is fuckin' lame. REALLY fucking lame.

I'd also rethink that particular angle of acting like they're going after the fans for file sharing...yeah, that worked wonders for Metallica's reputation, didn't it.

Sara nailed it, my guess is that the album will be out by the end of March, because they can't keep doing this much longer, it's already getting old.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2006, 07:36:21 PM »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=64016

he's saying more leaked tracks are upon us..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
benchiefjr
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2006, 07:39:17 PM »

It says link not available...what'd he say and who was it?
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2006, 07:41:43 PM »

When someone leaked CITR in full, it prohibited me from doing so, the trade was literally about 5 minutes from going down and I know the person was legit.

it's kinda funny that you got screwed. in a way you deserve it.
benchiefjr
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2006, 07:42:50 PM »

Are you sure you weren't 4 minutes....maybe 3...or how about 2?
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2006, 07:43:49 PM »

It says link not available...what'd he say and who was it?

i think mr.intensity himself, saying that he was thegreatone,and how he was being a troll over here at htgth and fucking with jarmo

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2006, 07:45:14 PM »

This is what IggyPopWillEatItself of Metal Sludge has to say about the leaks. Not an insider, but a smart guy:

Intentional.

Think about it. If these leaks weren't planned, you guys know Axl. He'd be LOSING HIS SHIT. He wouldn't be out partying and having pics taken in public and having a good old time and playing songs for everyone he sees.

And like I said in another thread, it makes perfect sense for the leaked tracks to be of lesser quality than the album versions. Why would you leak the exact same versions? You wouldn't. You'd leak ones that sounded decent, were good enough to give people an idea of the songs, and make them curious to hear the album versions.

You wouldn't leak half the actual cd.

But you would leak a bunch of rough versions in order to get people curious enough to buy the cd to hear the finished versions.

This is a total stunt. Which is fine. But the new people signing up, saying how Big Brother is watching us, threatening the fans, blah blah blah, that part is fuckin' lame. REALLY fucking lame.

I'd also rethink that particular angle of acting like they're going after the fans for file sharing...yeah, that worked wonders for Metallica's reputation, didn't it.

Sara nailed it, my guess is that the album will be out by the end of March, because they can't keep doing this much longer, it's already getting old.

nobody here knows axl at all. and no one knows how he thinks

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Bono
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2006, 08:05:03 PM »

Trust me, Prostitute is out there... as well as one other song
I would have to think that you were probably about 15 minutes away from the deal going down because once the leak started it took about 10-15 minutes before it was openly being discussed in the forum. Who were you trying to trade with for Prostitue? I have somthing they might like to trade for.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2006, 09:23:07 PM »

I would have to think that you were probably about 15 minutes away from the deal going down because once the leak started it took about 10-15 minutes before it was openly being discussed in the forum. Who were you trying to trade with for Prostitue? I have somthing they might like to trade for.

What is this a dope deal?  smoking

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Bono
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2006, 10:47:54 PM »

What is this a dope deal?? smoking
rofl rofl Dude that is hilarious. I laughed my ass off when I read that.  beer
Grass
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2006, 11:22:00 PM »

Nah, dope deals never take this long.  ok
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2006, 11:44:12 PM »

Nah, dope deals never take this long.  ok

word mutha! you can  get that done much faster  yes ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2006, 11:51:21 PM »

You've been sent a pm.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: