Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:27:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  You Could Be Mine Instrumental on NBA HALF TIME SHOW...TNT
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You Could Be Mine Instrumental on NBA HALF TIME SHOW...TNT  (Read 4236 times)
grog mug
Legend

« on: April 22, 2007, 11:04:12 PM »

I'm a huge NBA fan, so of couse I'm watchin the playoffs on TNT tonight with the playoffs startin up and all, and heard something unexpected!!!  You Could Be Mine, was played during a couple of the highlights for a long stretch, not just a short clip.  My question is does the NBA and MLB have rights to GN'R music now?  Maybe this could be a sign of things to come....??  GREAT hearin GN'R on an NBA telecast tho!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 11:06:10 PM »

How is an old song a sign of things to come?

Is the fact that it's not WTTJ for once mean something, anyone?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 11:08:18 PM by Devoid » Logged

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 11:07:10 PM »

A GN'R song played at during a sports event? I am SHOCKED! Roll Eyes

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 11:13:07 PM »

It wasn't played at the arena...it was during the halftime broadcast.  I've never heard GN'R music used for this, I"m thinking they might have signed more contracts to play their music.....Appreciate the smart ass remark tho ok
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 11:18:31 PM »

It wasn't played at the arena...it was during the halftime broadcast.? I've never heard GN'R music used for this, I"m thinking they might have signed more contracts to play their music.....Appreciate the smart ass remark tho ok

Thanx, it's what I'm good at. One time I heard the solo from 'Bad Apples' during a highlights package at Wimbledon. 06 or 05 I'm not sure. I don't think it means anything. You can buy rights to the songs if you got the dough. End of story.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 11:25:25 PM »

It wasn't played at the arena...it was during the halftime broadcast.? I've never heard GN'R music used for this, I"m thinking they might have signed more contracts to play their music.....Appreciate the smart ass remark tho ok

NFL on Fox has played various GNR songs.. Brownstone, DTJ, Jungle, among others.. Nothing new...
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 11:30:54 PM »

they always play gnr songs during NBA games
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 11:44:41 PM »

no body has pointed out instrumental..........instrumental?Huh

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 11:48:32 PM »

Again W Axl Rose...I didn't say DURING the game.  Let me break it down for ya...THE HALFTIME SHOW while they were talking TNT PLAYED IT...NOT THE ARENA...u get it now?!?!
stranger2U
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 12:47:20 AM »

no body has pointed out instrumental..........instrumental?Huh

Also, another thing that needs to be pointed out is the fact that this is not an official GN'R demo instrumental.  It's a re-done track over a drum machine.  It's not even close to the real thing.  When I heard it, I couldn't even begin to understand how this was confused as authentic stuff.  Unbelievable! Roll Eyes

I hate to bust your bubble grog mug, but this isn't a sign of anything whatsoever!  Good God when will there ever be news so this senseless speculation can stop!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 01:17:15 AM »

keep bein a stranger 2 us..thats how we want u 2 be.  It IS very close to the track, because it IS the track.  It's you could be mine, leave it at that.  I'm sure its NOT a sign of CD, but maybe GN'R is trying to get more exposure for some reason...?
stranger2U
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 01:48:17 AM »

keep bein a stranger 2 us..thats how we want u 2 be.? It IS very close to the track, because it IS the track.? It's you could be mine, leave it at that.? I'm sure its NOT a sign of CD, but maybe GN'R is trying to get more exposure for some reason...?

I don't possibly see how it could be a way for GN'R to get exposure.  To be honest, it's musical karaoke.  Nothing authentic about it other than it's a remake.

If you still think that's the official GN'R song without vocals, you obviously can't hear to well.  I promise you that's the truth and if anyone else heard it they would agree.

I don't hold any blame against you for being excited, just not being smart enough to decipher fact from fiction.
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 02:54:33 AM »

one time many, many years ago I found a tape with you could be mine and live and let die covered by a marching band!! sounded kinda cool........

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 04:41:56 AM »

People actually watch the TNT halftime show? Wow thats a surprise in its self. Hell I am surprised people still watch the NBA. It has really gotten stale over the last couple of years.

Chinese Democracy starts now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 11:04:46 AM »

Chinese Democracy starts now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dammit! you beat me to it
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 11:51:40 AM »

The NFL on Fox used GnR alot for the promos.  I remember they did a really long one for Paradise City during their pregame show once.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 03:21:35 PM »

Fox, TNT, ESPN...or whoever pick which band they want to play during highlights.  They get the rights from the band's management and then pay them for the right to use the music. 

The YCBM instrumental is an edit done by the producers of the show.  They do this all the time.  They take a song an then take the instrumental parts and string them together...often times repeating the same part over and over. 

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 04:19:59 PM »

Is this the pathetic crap we're left with now?

To quote Austin Powers  -  " Whoooopdeeedooooooooooo!  What does it all mean...Basil? "
GNR down under
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 04:45:49 AM »

Just wanna state somethin to do with GNR playin through sport shows. I'm from Australia and back in 04 when the Athens Olympics were finishin up, channel 7 wrapped up the whole olympics (credits) with none other then the full 9 min version of November Rain along. I was fucking Mesmerised. Dunno if any other Aussie fans seen this but ill never forget it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: