Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:20:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Stop Online Censorship
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stop Online Censorship  (Read 5085 times)
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: November 26, 2011, 10:19:50 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq5w0UmpMm4

The fight to stop bill S.978, the Protect IP Act and the Stop Online Piracy Act continues! Your participation is drastically needed so please participate!

Go here to contact Senator Wyden and submit your name to be read during his filibuster the US Senate: http://stopcensorship.org/

And go here to find out how you can participate in the phone-in campaign to the US government this coming week: http://americancensorship.org/

And if you haven't already, write to your Senator/Congressperson to let them know that these acts are too general and harmful to the internet! Go here http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/pelosi

Thanks to all who have already participated, together we can stop online censorship!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 12:29:50 PM »

can u quickly explain to me what this is all about?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 12:57:01 PM »

the mpaa want the u.s congress to pass a bill to Censors the internet if these bills pass twitter Facebook YouTube and so on will be change
zihuatenajo
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 11:47:28 PM »

basically : the internet will suck. US will be able to filter any of their shit from anybody. if its from US and its copyrighted : it wont be on the internet for free anymore.

God made weed, man made booze : who do you trust ?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 04:36:15 PM »

Theyve already been doing it anyway. i cant view tabs to music on ultimate guitar anymore because some asshole has claimed copyright on it.

html sucks
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »

China and Iran censors the web.  Another reason why we shouldn't.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 07:43:12 AM »

Well to me censorship is going even closer to our homes then that.
It depends on how you define censorship. Sure the kind of censorship that is happening on those countries is the most extreme way of doing things, and it's completely wrong.

However, to me... a person in Germany or UK, wanting to see an American website, and having a video disclaimer saying  "This video is not available in your area/country" and then you can't see the video or program you want to watch...to me that's censorship as well! Just not to the extreme degree that these countries are on.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 02:34:04 PM »

basically : the internet will suck. US will be able to filter any of their shit from anybody. if its from US and its copyrighted : it wont be on the internet for free anymore.

So? Go to the store and fucking buy it? Ever think about that one? Cry me a fucking river.

Axl is God.
zihuatenajo
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 10:54:38 PM »

So? Go to the store and fucking buy it? Ever think about that one? Cry me a fucking river.

Yes I have thought of that.. I was merely explaining the situation to some one who asked for clarification,no need to jump on the douche bag bandwagon..

And it's more than what I originally posted,  really. If you wear a Lord of The Rings t-shirt to a party and your friend takes your picture and posts it to the internet, you could be charged up to  $5,000 and spend up to 5 years in prison. America was founded by rich white people for rich white people , so I wouldn't be surprised at all if another law that will benefit rich white people comes in to effect.

God made weed, man made booze : who do you trust ?
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 10:08:41 PM »

LOL! This post made me laugh.

Wont this bill serve much more than just the 'rich white people'?

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 11:05:28 AM »

Exactly, axlrosegnr.  I sure the hell hope the folks who want everything for free never come up with something that requires the legal protection of their intellectual property.

I definitely lean left in my political persuasion, but I also recognize the need to protect intellectual property from piracy. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 06:42:02 PM »

Posting about stopping internet censorship on a site like this is pretty ironic.

Broski
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 08:57:01 AM »

Posting about stopping internet censorship on a site like this is pretty ironic.

I'm not sure why.

Surely you see the difference in what a privately held, privately moderated forum allows/does not allow vs government regulations and laws prohibiting certain types of communication, speech, and material being present or accessible to it's people.

As a guest in my house, you are not allowed to swear in front of my children.  That's my rule, and it's one I expect my guests to follow (or else, they're asked to leave or not invited back).  If you disagree with that rule...nobody is forcing you to enter my house, as my guest.

I would be up in arms if the government made a law prohibiting swearing or cursing, in our country.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 10:33:54 AM »

That was my first thought aswell Cheesy

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 03:12:19 PM »

what has axl to do with this?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
3STRANG3D
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 06:52:24 PM »

what has axl to do with this?

You know something buddy, I dont care what Axl does in general. (Do you?) I care only for a few things that gnr do. Ironic or not to you, this is how it goes for me.on this board, out of this board, 10 years ago, from 10 years now in the future whateva. Censorship, whether online or not, is only a state of mind. Just like freedom. My opinion. By not being free doesnt mean you are a 'slave', but you aint free either. My opinion. Is my opinion censored enough for you to feel free about what I personally believe or think? Good, then we carry on. if not, then you are free to elaborate more on whatever is that is doesnt set you free you feel ironic about.

(R2, mix me up another one, will ya?)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:08:53 PM by 3STRANG3D » Logged

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 07:05:09 PM »

with this topic and that "traitor" shit

Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »

This topic has taught me that Crack is bad!

CD will be out when it's out. ....
3STRANG3D
Headliner

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 07:31:05 PM »

& so the solution to dandruff is decapitation Mr. Zappa.

oh you know, whatever with the online censorsheep & the wolf... or the dogs barking outside the farm, the zoo few meters down etc etc  ........... !

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:27:23 PM by 3STRANG3D » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: