Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 07:20:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227931 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Batman "The Dark Knight"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman "The Dark Knight"  (Read 83560 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2008, 04:17:47 AM »

Waiting to see it at Imax, as its sold out  for a bit, but thats cool, as my work schedule prevented me to go normal times, but Im def syked to see it, but I refuse to see it anywhere else other than in IMAX.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2008, 06:34:52 AM »

I know a lot of people don't like that Bale changes his voice when he's Batman, but I think it makes sense. The deep growl adds to the intimidation and fear factor. And it wouldn't really make sense for him to talk like his regular self. He can't have people thinking, "I've heard that voice before . . ."

Don't read the following if you haven't seen the movie:

Because the Joker . . . well, because his fate isn't exactly "sealed," I've been wondering a lot if Nolan had planned on bringing the Joker back for the third movie. Has anyone heard or read anything about whether or not that was the case, and if Ledger's death is going to upset their original plan for the third movie?

Here Today . . .
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2008, 06:54:28 AM »

I know a lot of people don't like that Bale changes his voice when he's Batman, but I think it makes sense. The deep growl adds to the intimidation and fear factor. And it wouldn't really make sense for him to talk like his regular self. He can't have people thinking, "I've heard that voice before . . ."

Because the Joker . . . well, because his fate isn't exactly "sealed," I've been wondering a lot if Nolan had planned on bringing the Joker back for the third movie. Has anyone heard or read anything about whether or not that was the case, and if Ledger's death is going to upset their original plan for the third movie?

I read a interview with Bale just the other day and he said there are no definite plans for a third movie yet.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2008, 07:18:29 AM »

God I hope not. I heard a rumor that Ledger beat out Adrian Brody for the role

Could u see Adrian Big nose brody as the joker? YUCK!!!!!!

Only actor Id find intriguing enough to take over for Ledger and I think could be up to the task is Johnny Depp.

I really see no one else diverse enough to do it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2008, 07:30:37 AM »

Hey that's an interesting point about Johnny doing the role!

Most certainly after his performance in Sweeney Todd, he is most certainly (a  contender).  Smiley (spot the film reference)!

EDIT:

With Johnny's greater acting experience he probably wouldn't have "lost himself" so much in the role either.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 08:42:35 AM by Rapunzel » Logged

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2008, 07:58:05 AM »

Sorry guys, I respectfully disagree on this one.  There's no way they could recast the role of the Joker and have it work for audiences at this point.  The Rachel Dawes character?  Not a big deal, certainly, as Katie Holmes did little with it in the first one - and some could argue that there wasn't much that could be done with it.  Ledger totally owned the role, and left such a mark that it would be impossible for anyone else to try to take it over in an way that was acceptable to anyone - directors, cast, and audiences alike, I'd imagine.   As much as I'd love to see the character again, it would only if Health were still alive to deliver the performance.  Otherwise, I'm grateful for what we got this time around.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2008, 07:59:15 AM »

I absolutely agree, after Ledger's performance, they couldnt bring in anyone to be The Joker in future movies.  I mentioned Johnny Depp being the only possible chance if they wanted to.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2008, 08:52:16 AM »

BAZGNR SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasnt talkin about that ending, I understood that, I was wondering how exactly twofaced died? Did the impact from the fall kill him? thats what I was saying, wouldnt that have went against Batman's principles if he killed Two Face?

Ah.  Gotcha.   I agree, it does get a bit blurry when you look at it that way.   Maybe "accidental death of villain while saving the life of an innocent" isn't the same as "intentionally taking a life?"

God, I loved that movie.  I really need to see it again, and soon.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2008, 11:25:56 AM »

Christian Bale is under contract for 3 movies. Oddly enough Christopher Nolan was only signed for 2.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2008, 12:03:03 PM »

I think I've figured out my beef with the vision of the Joker in this movie............The film took the "Supervillian" role away from the Joker and made him into this regular deformed nutjob criminal.  Wow.....daddy took the knife to your precious little smile....now I'm a bad guy. 

The Joker is Batman's yang.  They are to Hero/Supervillian as Peanut Butter is to Jelly.  The Joker, in this movie while demented enough, just isn't the Joker.  As to the poster who said earlier.....The Joker is a comical guy, that's his schtick.........so Christopher Nolan and Heath Ledger wanted to re-imagine the character as this abused emo-guy with a mildly decent sense of humor.  Jack Nicholson was a great Joker, even though as D stated Nicholson's aura shone through the character itself.  Caeser Romero, while corny back in the day, still personified the absolute vision of what the Joker was.

I think I liked Tim Burton's film a lot more because of the improved changes to the Batman storyline.  I think by having Jack Napier kill Bruce Wayne's parents when he was a young criminal, it sets up a more dramatic climax between the two.  Now they have history AND a score to settle.  That movie was just so well written and directed that it puts the Christopher Nolan borefest of Batman Begins to shame.  And the visual settings of the 1989 Batman were astonishing as to where this was basically just New York with a few CGI Buildings and signs put into place. 

All that stuff played on the film for me.  And yes....Christian Bale's "McGruff the crime dog" Batman voice got annoying as shit.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2008, 12:18:29 PM »

Wow.....daddy took the knife to your precious little smile....now I'm a bad guy. 

I think by having Jack Napier kill Bruce Wayne's parents when he was a young criminal, it sets up a more dramatic climax between the two.  Now they have history AND a score to settle. 

It was pretty graphic when The Joker killed Robin with a crow bar too.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2008, 12:51:41 PM »

Wow.....daddy took the knife to your precious little smile....now I'm a bad guy. 

I think by having Jack Napier kill Bruce Wayne's parents when he was a young criminal, it sets up a more dramatic climax between the two.  Now they have history AND a score to settle. 

well first of all, joker stated different reasons for his scars so i dont know how true the daddy knife thing is. thats part of what made him so scary, u dont know how the scarring happened, its left up to the imagination.

also, i thought jack napier killing bruce wayne's parents was incredibly lame and most of all, contrived.

i dont understand how u can like burton's version better, it had no substance, batman killed people and it just didnt feel right.

As D said, this new joker had very thought provoking social commentary and his mannerisms were quite impressive, he really BECAME the character.

there was alot going on beneath the surface in this movie, u had the whole chaos vs. order dichotomy and the "die a hero or live long enough to become the villain" which made it more than just a comic book movie..

i think The Dark Knight is easily the best batman movie yet.

oh and i like tim burton's movies. i do. but i think Christopher Nolan has been a godsend to the Batman franchise.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 01:13:08 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2008, 03:02:50 PM »

one of the best movies ive ever seen!  heath ledger was fantastic and the story was awesome!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2008, 05:06:55 PM »

Yeah, he didnt turn into a nutjob due to his dad, remember he gave a story about his wife slicing him or something.....

I love Burton's Batman dont get me wrong, I just never cared for the, I am a Billionaire and my parents got murdered so I am gonna become a superhero for revenge.

Rich People are just hard to "Root" for hihi which is why I guess I never really liked Batman cause sometimes it can rub u the wrong way like "Aw Poor little rich boy"

I always like Spiderman cause he was so different than the superhero as he was a nerd and poor and really sacrificed eveything. Same with Bruce Banner, the superhero thing was a blessing and a curse and didnt fit into the world. I can go down the line.

IronMan works because the dude is rich but he is cocky and proud of it u know? its like he isnt tryin to be anything he isnt. He liked the attention, he gets off on it.

Bruce Wayne.......... Bale did better in this one but I think the reason I liked it was cause it didnt focus solely on Wayne or Batman, I read a guys review on another forum that said Batman was almost like a supporting character in this one and in a way I can see that.

mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2008, 05:15:16 PM »

Yeah, he didnt turn into a nutjob due to his dad, remember he gave a story about his wife slicing him or something.....

I love Burton's Batman dont get me wrong, I just never cared for the, I am a Billionaire and my parents got murdered so I am gonna become a superhero for revenge.

Rich People are just hard to "Root" for hihi which is why I guess I never really liked Batman cause sometimes it can rub u the wrong way like "Aw Poor little rich boy"

I always like Spiderman cause he was so different than the superhero as he was a nerd and poor and really sacrificed eveything. Same with Bruce Banner, the superhero thing was a blessing and a curse and didnt fit into the world. I can go down the line.

IronMan works because the dude is rich but he is cocky and proud of it u know? its like he isnt tryin to be anything he isnt. He liked the attention, he gets off on it.

Bruce Wayne.......... Bale did better in this one but I think the reason I liked it was cause it didnt focus solely on Wayne or Batman, I read a guys review on another forum that said Batman was almost like a supporting character in this one and in a way I can see that.

But thats the great thing about batman, hes doesn't have any special powers.  Thats what makes it enjoyable rather than watching some far fetched movie like superman.  Yes hes rich, but uses a good portion of his money helping Gotham through Wayne enterprises and being batman.  I definatley agree that the spotlight was on Heath because I don't think a movie has seen a villain like the Joker in so long, and on top of that being so well played.  Where are all those die hard nicholson fans now?  Smiley
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2008, 05:26:48 PM »

Batman is a fantasy character.  Tim Burton understood and embraced that.  Nolan thought that he needed to change that and make Batman "real."  That way he wasnt making a "comic book movie".   Both movies are great, but in time people will realize that Nolans version lacks magic and wonder in order for him  to tell some sort of character analysis.  
   Its an almost pointless arguement to say which Joker is more true or "better."  Same with Batman.  Thank god we actually live in a world where we can actually watch and enjoy both versions.  Ive never understood the internet community's need to choose sides.;  South Park or Family Guy,  Guns or Metallica, Nolan or Burton.  
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2008, 10:35:57 PM »

Saw the movie tonight, thought it was great. There were tons of people waiting in lines to get in, luckily we were early and got great seats. I recommend to see it if you haven't yet!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2008, 12:09:22 AM »

Thought it was the greatest superhero movie EVER alongside BATMAN BEGINS....both are masterpieces.  I don't know if its as good as Begins, but Heath Ledger stole the show, especially his "magic" pencil trick!!! LOL!!! I'm going to see it again tomorrow!  Can't wait!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2008, 01:50:44 AM »

It was good but nothing close to Tim Burton's Batman.  I never get tired of his and I'll probably never watch this one again.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2008, 03:50:33 AM »

Batman Begins is hardly a masterpiece.  However, it did lay the groundwork for Dark Knight, which blows it out of the water.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: