Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:32:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Should Play My World!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Should Play My World!  (Read 11745 times)
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2006, 04:47:46 PM »

Just replying to the comments about Pitman. I saw him at Hammersmith back in June (well very breifly as he walked to his coach) I said "I love silkworms man" he replied with"you should hear the studio version!" I asked him if it was going to be on the album and he walked off.

You met Pittman, and all you said was "I love Silkworms man".

Chris Pittman is God. Couldn't you have asked him the meaning of life or something?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2006, 04:49:49 PM »

Dizzy said silkworms would very likely make the 3rd or 4th album. It's an interesting piece to say the least.

Its funny how people really cant wrap there heads around the weird shit. If something is out of the box and isn't familiar, it must suck.

There's no way I could see the old band coming up witth something like that.

same here.

I wouldn't say they should play them but my world and the garden are my fav off UYI.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2006, 04:50:10 PM »

Chris Pittman is God. Couldn't you have asked him the meaning of life or something?

Sure should have asked this instead of a question relating to the album.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2006, 04:55:18 PM »

I think people making jokes about Chris' involvement with the band will be in for a surprise once the album is released.

Just like people who were making fun of Robin got a big "fuck you" from Axl when he revealed Robin was the one who brought Better to the band...

So keep making those jokes, you might look like an idiot soon enough.  ok

/jarmo

I completely agree with you, Jarmo  ok

btw, let them play My World and Rihad, I'd enjoy it.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Bono
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2006, 04:55:56 PM »

God no. That's just what this Gn'R needs for credibility Roll Eyes. Let's go back 15 years and play what is widely regarded as the worst(shittiest) song in the bands career. Not a good idea in my opinion. They already played it over the PA durring the Skin and Bones tour as the lights came on and fans were leaving the venues. That's good enough. If their gonna be dusting off any UYI songs don't be wasting one on My World.
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2006, 07:47:33 AM »

I like my world, you shouldn't take it to serious, Could be an interesting lice act!
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2006, 08:07:55 PM »

the first time i heard myworld was on the tokyo dvds. i thought it was  japanese rap!!!! well my take on the "should they play myworld" idc! its just 1'22!

robinfinckfan
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2006, 10:38:59 PM »

I always dug my world. ITs fucking crazy! It actually made me excited about the next generation of GNR. Moreso then the same old same old. Get in the Ring is easily the worst shit GNR ever did. Just clumsy and juvenile. GITR is cringe inducing crap (and Shotgun Blues is a close second). So fine is so lame too. The last half of Breakdown is a steaming pile of liquid crap. All of these are worse then My World. My World at least is interesting, experimental, and kicks ass.

Its funny how people really cant wrap there heads around the weird shit. If something is out of the box and isn't familiar, it must suck. I would also question those who don't like the Garden too. I personally would rather Axl handled all the parts instead of Cooper but truth remains. Those who don't like Garden are squares and aren't experienced in the things that relate to it. And the fucking aggressive riffs are killer.

How could anybody not like The Garden Huh That's one of the best tracks on UYI. Alice did that song justice excellent tune ok
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2006, 03:50:33 PM »

You've awoken a sleeping giant.  My World should never be played or even mentioned by GN'R ever.  The setlists this year have been lacking interms of UYI material.  Of all the songs they could bust out from the Illusions why in God's name would they play My World?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2006, 04:13:29 PM »

its a perfect myspace song. =) hahahahaha
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2006, 07:18:49 AM »

The poeple who thinks my world is a great song..is just trying to be cool..and standing out of the crowd...

that?s it !

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2006, 07:22:05 AM »

They shouldn't do the song. It sucked, because it was done off the cuff as more of a joke than anything...

Let's just forget that song ever happened

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
jarvie_a
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2006, 08:37:04 AM »

I usually skip 'My World' when I listen to UYI II, but listened to it the last time I played it. Although the song is totally different from anyhting GN'R had done at the time and doesn't fit in with the album at all, I think it would be interesting to hear it as either/or/both an intro track for Gigs and CD. A remixed version could also do the trick here, I personally would love hearing 'My World' before Robin starts playing the opening chords to 'Welcome To The Jungle', or hopefully 'Chinese Democracy' if it becomes the opening track for gigs. A remixed verision in the same vein as 'Further Down The Spiral' ('Nine Inch Nails' remix album of 'The Downward Spiral') would make a good intro for the album as well. (I'm a Slipknot fan as well and the intro tracks are always a good precursor to the meat of the album.)

J
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 01:52:00 PM by jarvie_a » Logged
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2006, 12:11:08 PM »

I usually skip 'My World' when I listen to UYI I,

Well of course. My World isn't on UYI I. hihi

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2006, 12:39:06 PM »

Dont you think that would be bomb as fuck?
I think they could really rock that song.
With Pitman and all for the backup noises it would be sweet.

StoneTempleRoses

Would be interesting to hear a re_worked version of My World.

Here's some ideas:
1.Replace the backing beat with a beat that uses the same sounds as the leaked tracks (Better etc).
2.As the song is quite short, maybe once the lyrics reach their end, Robin could enter the song with some guitar solo, which could be quite short and fade off into the distance. que: song over

« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 12:40:41 PM by codenameninja » Logged
jarvie_a
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2006, 01:52:48 PM »

I usually skip 'My World' when I listen to UYI I,

Well of course. My World isn't on UYI I. hihi

Thank You very much, post has been edited!

J
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: