Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:28:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Al Franken caught in major lie
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Franken caught in major lie  (Read 9774 times)
Kitano
« on: September 07, 2005, 03:38:00 PM »

The blogs of the Radio Equalizer and Michelle Malkin have just obtained psychical proof that Al Franken has been caught in a huge lies about his involvement with the Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club scandal.

The blogs postings go into detail about it but basically it is this: On August 8, 2005 Al Franken stated on his radio show that he knew nothing of the scandal until about a week ago (meaning late July/early August). A document was obtained that Al Franken had signed off on a settlement agreement in front of a notary republic. This included the debts of the $875,000 loan taken illegally from Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club. This was back on November 22, 2004. I tried to assume that Franken was directly involved with the embezzlement but now I have strong suspicions of Franken. Obviously, this needs to be addressed by Franken.

The title of Franken's new book, ironically it is called The Truth. I think that is what we would all like to know

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/003487.htm

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2005/09/franken-drobny-air-america-all-caught.html
POPmetal
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 05:31:27 PM »

The title of Franken's new book, ironically it is called The Truth.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Al Frnaken and truth in the same sentence. This just made my day? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

And it's actually the title of his book? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Sterlingdog
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 09:12:16 PM »

I don't know that much about him.  Isn't he the left's answer to Rush Limbaugh?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 10:27:10 PM »

He is much more educated (Harvard), intelligent and well written than any of the right wing blowhards. He was on SNL and uses his wit and talent to whip the right wing morons into a frenzy (see Bill O'reilly).

I would be very leary of this until it gets past a blog. I mean...it is a blog.

Imagine if I came on using a blog as my "source"....give me a fuckin break.

I could use Jesus Christ himself as a source, and you'd say 'you just hate bush, you blame him for everything', but you guys go and use blogs for your source?

Lets see if it has any merit.
Surfrider
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 10:32:04 PM »

He is much more educated (Harvard), intelligent and well written than any of the right wing blowhards. He was on SNL and uses his wit and talent to whip the right wing morons into a frenzy (see Bill O'reilly).

I could use Jesus Christ himself as a source, and you'd say 'you just hate bush, you blame him for everything', but you guys go and use blogs for your source?

So education does play into how intelligent someone is?

I believe O'Reilly went to the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 10:42:28 PM »

O'reilly the spinster who started on the tabloid "Inside Edition" the straight to another equal tabloid soaked news network:Fox. Graduated Boston and went back in 1995 to get another Masters right?

How ironic that he holds a journalism degree and does eveything he can, every night, to destroy journalism.

Intelligent...guess so.

Spinster? Liar? Hypocrite? Yes.

The biggest thing about O'reilly is that he rants and raves falsehoods, won't let anybody finish, then cuts their mic so they can't respond. Obviously he knows half of what he is saying is bullshit, or he would let other people speak.

If Al Franken was caught in a lie, which I'd like to see more proof, then a blog, he has just become equal to everybody else on the right: Hannity, Rush, O'reilly, Coulter etc.

Kitano
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 11:56:05 PM »

There is a scan of the document which is being discussed.  If you think it's fake then send an email to Al and let him sue for slander. Wink
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 12:55:43 AM »

I'll await Mr Frankins response first, before drawing a conclusion thanks.

And if he was not honest...how many people died again because of it?

« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 12:58:48 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
POPmetal
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 03:49:35 AM »

I love how you're already trying to make excuses for him. Good job   hihi
SLCPUNK
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »

I love how you're already trying to make excuses for him. Good job   hihi

I'm not making excuses, but rather would like to see something more than a bogger calling him a liar.

You guys are such hypocrites. You defend Bush's lies til the end (as his approval rating hits the low 30 percent this week) which causes hundreds of thousands of deaths and billions of dollars. But then get all excited and ready to give each other reach arounds because some right wing posted a document that said Al Franken lied. Whoop-d-freakin-doo. Roll Eyes

If you can't see the scale of what you defend vs what you attack, then I feel sorry for you.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 12:18:11 PM »

I love how this was posted on a blog .

Hell I could say one of you , was the real killer of JFK and some people would believe it just cause it was written on a blog .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 01:56:55 PM »

Bush lied?  I thought the term for this was doublespeak just a Orwell described in 1984.  It's to fight terror.  It's to liberate the Iraqi people, it for democracy in the Middle East, it's for the oil, we can't leave now or our soldiers will have died in vain, Sadam's an evildoer, they tried to kill my Daddy, they have weapons, thye tried to buy uranium, they're in cahoots with al-queada.  Did I miss any?  Which is the truth and which is a lie?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 02:01:22 PM »

Bush lied?  I thought the term for this was doublespeak just a Orwell described in 1984.  It's to fight terror.  It's to liberate the Iraqi people, it for democracy in the Middle East, it's for the oil, we can't leave now or our soldiers will have died in vain, Sadam's an evildoer, they tried to kill my Daddy, they have weapons, thye tried to buy uranium, they're in cahoots with al-queada.  Did I miss any?  Which is the truth and which is a lie?

You can forget all that now.

Somebody said Franken lied in a blog.....
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 02:05:57 PM »

And this matters because.......?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 02:07:12 PM »

And this matters because.......?

It doesn't.
Kitano
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2005, 02:42:51 PM »

Bush lied?? I thought the term for this was doublespeak just a Orwell described in 1984.? It's to fight terror.? It's to liberate the Iraqi people, it for democracy in the Middle East, it's for the oil, we can't leave now or our soldiers will have died in vain, Sadam's an evildoer, they tried to kill my Daddy, they have weapons, thye tried to buy uranium, they're in cahoots with al-queada.? Did I miss any?? Which is the truth and which is a lie?

They didn't just claim he lied in a blog.  They produced a scan of a document he signed which proves he lied.

You call Bush a liar for believing George Tennent and you still think that Franken is innocent?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2005, 04:27:14 PM »

I don't care if Franken is guilty or innocent.  It simply does not matter.  The only people that this matters to is the Bush Backers so they can say that the Liberals are liars.  How many billions have been spent on Bush lies versus Franken lies?  How many lives? 
POPmetal
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2005, 05:01:53 PM »

I don't care if Franken is guilty or innocent.? It simply does not matter.? The only people that this matters to is the Bush Backers so they can say that the Liberals are liars.? How many billions have been spent on Bush lies versus Franken lies?? How many lives??

That's ridiculous. One liberal being a liar doesn't make liberals in general liars. You're merely projecting onto us your own tendency to believe that people who disagree with you are liars.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2005, 05:09:09 PM »

Bush lied?? I thought the term for this was doublespeak just a Orwell described in 1984.? It's to fight terror.? It's to liberate the Iraqi people, it for democracy in the Middle East, it's for the oil, we can't leave now or our soldiers will have died in vain, Sadam's an evildoer, they tried to kill my Daddy, they have weapons, thye tried to buy uranium, they're in cahoots with al-queada.? Did I miss any?? Which is the truth and which is a lie?

They didn't just claim he lied in a blog.? They produced a scan of a document he signed which proves he lied.

You call Bush a liar for believing George Tennent and you still think that Franken is innocent?

When somebody other than a blogger reports it, and the document is proven to be authentic, then I'll believe it.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2005, 05:44:49 PM »

OK... I tried.  Really really I did!  I tried to get through this thread and read all the posts so that I could contribute to the Al Franken bashing.  But... I just couldn't.  I couldn't get past this word:

The blogs of the Radio Equalizer and Michelle Malkin have just obtained psychical proof that Al Franken has been caught in a huge lies about his involvement with the Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club scandal.

psychical???  I've never seen this word.   So...I looked it up, and here is what M-W came up with:

1 : of or relating to the psyche : PSYCHOGENIC
2 : lying outside the sphere of physical science or knowledge : immaterial, moral, or spiritual in origin or force
3 : sensitive to nonphysical or supernatural forces and influences : marked by extraordinary or mysterious sensitivity, perception, or understanding

So... Al Franken is lying about the supernatural?  Has he become a psychic?   
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: