Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:58:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Who Should the Next VR Singer be?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Should the Next VR Singer be?  (Read 151494 times)
ben9785
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 07:15:18 PM »

No matter what happens, I just HOPE that they DON'T go down the route of reality TV.. God please no..

I reckon the three of them at least could keep going and get a new singer.. and sure maybe continue as VR.. or I suppose, most likely reform as a new band..

Izzy joining them would be unreal but probably unlikely because the guy doesn't like to tour for extended periods of time, right?

What about John Corabi? He's a kickass singer with a thick raspy blues voice, and isn't too bad on the guitar either..
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 07:20:16 PM »

For me... this project without Scott has no reason to be... and I think Duff and Slash know it well...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
guns_n_motley
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 07:23:25 PM »

For me... this project without Scott has no reason to be... and I think Duff and Slash know it well...

as velvet revolver i agree...as a different band though??why?? the members of the "project" worked together in GNR...its not like this is some one time pairing.... I say go for it...get Gilby Clarke to handle rhythm/vox and your all set...
ben9785
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 07:26:22 PM »

Yes, I am sure the core 3 guys will reform as a new band. And more power to them.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »

as velvet revolver i agree...as a different band though??why?? the members of the "project" worked together in GNR...its not like this is some one time pairing.... I say go for it...get Gilby Clarke to handle rhythm/vox and your all set...

I don?t know... they should do something different now... I really don?t see much of a future in a new project with another singer.. I just don?t.  Undecided

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 07:43:43 PM »

No matter what happens, I just HOPE that they DON'T go down the route of reality TV.. God please no..

I reckon the three of them at least could keep going and get a new singer.. and sure maybe continue as VR.. or I suppose, most likely reform as a new band..

Izzy joining them would be unreal but probably unlikely because the guy doesn't like to tour for extended periods of time, right?

What about John Corabi? He's a kickass singer with a thick raspy blues voice, and isn't too bad on the guitar either..

Did u see what happened to Motley with him?  NO thanks

I say they do one of those cheesy Rockstar shows on TV.

VR will be dead, u cant replace him. So I say Slash does a Carlos Santana type album with various different singers.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 07:48:43 PM »

It will be a big decision.  Do you scrap the band, or keep it going?  If you keep it going, you have a band called Velvet Revolver without their original singer.  Then when they do concerts, the new singer will song the "old" songs too.  It's hard decision to make, so thats why I commend Axl for doing what he did with GNR.  I personally would like to see VR get a new singer, it'll be interesting to see what happens.....

Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 08:03:37 PM »

Did u see what happened to Motley with him?  NO thanks

I say they do one of those cheesy Rockstar shows on TV.

VR will be dead, u cant replace him. So I say Slash does a Carlos Santana type album with various different singers.

Slash doing a Santana? Hummm... just the thought of him playing with this pop artists that have nothing to do with him and his music... I mean... what if he goes to those latin singers again? God!

What I really liked him to do is to make an album of covers... He always does such a great work covering some great songs... just remember "Hey Joe" and you?ll know what I?m talking about.  Smiley

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 08:12:48 PM »

Jarmo, lets pretend you think they should find a new singer.  Seriously, who would you think could do the job.  Like you, I was never a big fan of Weiland.  But while he was in the band I supported him.  With a different singer, would you check them out.  I think the music without vocals rocks.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 08:35:50 PM »

At the end of the day I think about 90% of VR interest, attendance, sales, and fan base in general, is due to the GnR connection. Scott is replaceable in the band. It's up to the other guys if they want to continue together under the VR name, or do seperate things. But they deffinatly can continue without him.

Now as far as replacements go I think they'd be very carefull not to pick an already successfull guy. Scotts ego always seemed a problem, as if he was sour about the attention the other three guys got. And his deamons deffinatly came back to bite the band, and the fans on the ass.
I could see Duff singing a bit for some shows, but not really as a long term thing. John Corabi would be a pretty cool choice. So what if he didn't sell records with Motley, that was due to a drastic change in sound (in terms of music as well) and changing music scene. He is a pretty awesome singer, and would be interested to hear him with VR. As previously mentioned he is pretty good on the rythm too. Eric Dover could work. And they could always go the unknown singer rout.
But I think Corabi would be a killer choice. Could deffinatly see him with them, and he doesn't have a huge ego, so he'd be more than willing to step back and give the band room, a thing I always felt Scott wasn't good at. On top of that the marketing would be great: "Featuring: John Corabi (Motey Crue, Ratt), Slash (Guns N' Roses), Duff (Guns N' Roses), Matt Sorum (Guns N' Roses)".
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2008, 08:40:49 PM »

Would they have another singer... it should be one with a good amount of notority among the music fans... That?s why, in the end, Scott was a good match... he was widely known... Getting a sort of unknown singer for most of the public, I don?t see VR going much far.

(OMG... my 1000th post on HTGTH!!  beer beer)

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2008, 09:00:18 PM »

I can't believe theres so much negativity regarding the band not being able to continue with out Scott.  I am pro GNR, I love the new band, do not want to see anything change with GNR.  But as a huge fan of the music, Slash had a very big part in the identity of GNR.  Slash is the reason VR has been somewhat successful, not Scott.  VR needs someone who has a Rock and Roll voice, Scotts voice was successful with STP but was the wrong fit for a band like VR. VR needs a charismatic, loud, obnoxious singer.  Bach voice would be perfect.  That's why I think Daughtry would be a great fit. 

Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2008, 09:06:21 PM »

Izzy and Duff.

You are aware of the kind of person Izzy is right?

You could forget any long tours etc....

/jarmo
Yeah, but it'd be a pretty cool thing for them to do. I recall seeing somewhere that Izzy was jamming with VR and jokingly suggested they should tour out of the back of a van with no lead singer...might've been Slash's book.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Smokey
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2008, 10:07:41 PM »

I always liked the thought of SKID ROSES  hihi
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2008, 10:28:22 PM »

For a different spin on things...
John Bush
Mike Patton
Billy Morrison
Cory Taylor

Mike Patton already declined the initial offer before Weiland joined.  He has enough on his plate already Wink
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008, 10:50:45 PM »

The simple fact you people are suggesting Kid Rock and fucking' Daughtry is insane.  That shit ain't rock 'n roll.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008, 11:25:08 PM »

SAVAGE ANIMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or Baz for short should take the new lead

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2008, 11:28:43 PM »

After hearing Baz' solo album

I defintely want him in VR. WOW

I think Bach would probably be too far up Axl's ass to do that now though. Undecided

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GeraldFord
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2008, 11:43:28 PM »

Shirley Manson.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2008, 12:13:06 AM »

After hearing Baz' solo album

I defintely want him in VR. WOW

I think Bach would probably be too far up Axl's ass to do that now though. Undecided

What a stupid statement to make. Figures that it's you who made it.

Axl has helped Baz more than anyone else has in rock n' roll. Those are his own words.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: