Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 08:01:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 400226 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 02:29:35 PM »

i'm interrested to hear slash's own voice more actually Smiley

please no!! Slash sings sooo bad! lol... let him stick to the guitar  Wink

i like his part on "just sixteen" the live version, and i think it's kinda good on "buick makane/big dumb sex" too.. don't think he'll sing on his record, but it would be cool IMO, at least one song

well he can sing... but only in chorus as background vocals!  peace

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 02:34:56 PM »

Sorry guys but Bach is really not that good.  Really.

what a profound post.  thanks for sharing your wisdom and insight.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 02:49:59 PM »

i'm interrested to hear slash's own voice more actually Smiley

please no!! Slash sings sooo bad! lol... let him stick to the guitar  Wink

i like his part on "just sixteen" the live version, and i think it's kinda good on "buick makane/big dumb sex" too.. don't think he'll sing on his record, but it would be cool IMO, at least one song

well he can sing... but only in chorus as background vocals!  peace

u really don't know since u haven't heard him sing anymore then that Tongue
greendog
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 07:52:56 PM »

Bring on Christina. Shes got an amazing voice. Her Stripped album is fantastic.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 02:12:24 PM »

Bach: No Velvet Revolver, May Work With Slash

June 25, 2008 , 1:15 PM ET

Sebastian Bach has plenty of musical activity on his plate -- but joining Velvet Revolver is not part of the mix.

The former Skid Row singer, who was among the early names rumored to be taking Scott Weiland's place, tells Billboard.com that his close friendship with former Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose -- who sang on three tracks on Bach's 2007 solo album, "Angel Down" -- and a focus on his own music would making joining Velvet Revolver "awkward" at best.

But he did confirm that VR guitarist Slash did contact him "out of the blue ... to talk to me about working together, but it was not Velvet Revolver. It was a completely different project, and I can't tell you what it is 'cause it's mind-blowing, but I've been sworn to secrecy on that. But Nothing's happening right now with me and him."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003820504

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »

Sebastian Bach has plenty of musical activity on his plate -- but joining Velvet Revolver is not part of the mix.

The former Skid Row singer, who was among the early names rumored to be taking Scott Weiland's place, tells Billboard.com that his close friendship with former Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose -- who sang on three tracks on Bach's 2007 solo album, "Angel Down" -- and a focus on his own music would making joining Velvet Revolver "awkward" at best.

But he did confirm that VR guitarist Slash did contact him "out of the blue ... to talk to me about working together, but it was not Velvet Revolver. It was a completely different project, and I can't tell you what it is 'cause it's mind-blowing, but I've been sworn to secrecy on that. But Nothing's happening right now with me and him."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003820504

Guess what, Bach said "cause it's mind blowing" again...
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 07:19:43 PM »

So I take it axl finally got fed up with himself ?  hihi
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 01:06:18 AM »

Bring on Christina. Shes got an amazing voice. Her Stripped album is fantastic.

I'd sure like her stripped.

Fuck 'Em All.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2008, 12:14:47 PM »

From  an update on Snakepit.org

He still wants to do a solo album. As far as the solo album goes, SLASH says he will be using a mix of performers and "would love to have Stevie Wonder down".

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2008, 12:58:34 AM »

From  an update on Snakepit.org

He still wants to do a solo album. As far as the solo album goes, SLASH says he will be using a mix of performers and "would love to have Stevie Wonder down".

Cheesy

Perry Farrell and Slash - Superstition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GZeVkh4tjA

GNRFAN20
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2008, 02:29:48 AM »

Cant wait for this to come out. He should sing on at least one track.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2008, 06:20:57 PM »

Be kinda of cool to hear slash sing if he can ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 07:22:44 PM »

Guess what, Bach said "cause it's mind blowing" again...

He's in a race with Slash and Duff.  His goal is to describe things as "mind-blowing" more often than they refer to their upcoming songs as "killer"
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 07:28:45 PM »

on buick mckane slash is credited on vocals with Axl.

and Slash does backup on attitude.... or so he is credited anyway!  peace

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2008, 01:38:10 AM »

on buick mckane slash is credited on vocals with Axl.

and Slash does backup on attitude.... or so he is credited anyway!  peace

That's true.

So, please don't let him sing.  It wouldn't be cool. 
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 09:33:35 AM »

I hope he sings on one song at least!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2008, 02:59:21 PM »

From the September issue of Guitar One: Guitars And Gaming Magazine...

GW: Would you consider using a video game as a platform to release new music in the future?

SLASH: Well, I have plans to do a solo record - I?m working on it a little bit now - and the added possibility of doing something in line with Guitar Hero is definitely there.  I did a song already, but that was just a theme, I don?t think I would want to do something like that again, but it seems to me that it would be cool as another outlet for the music.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 09:12:08 AM »

Slash reveals solo album details

Guitarist has demoed 14 songs

Sep 30, 2008

Velvet Revolver and former Guns N Roses guitarist Slash has revealed that he has demoed 14 songs for his forthcoming solo album.

He told NME Radio that he has recruited a slew of singers to appear on the album, but would not reveal who he has enlisted yet.

He added that he wasn't sure whether the album would be released before the next Velvet Revolver album. The band are currently in the process of recruiting a new singer, following the departure of Scott Weiland earlier this year.

"I've been carrying a tape recorder with me on the Velvet Revolver tour and putting down ideas," Slash explained. "When I got back from the UK at the beginning of the summer listened to what was cool on them, then elaborated and came up with new stuff."

The guitarist is set to release a series of new guitars, the Gibson and Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop range, on October 7.

http://www.nme.com/news/slash/40099

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2008, 11:13:23 PM »

SLASH JUGGLING TIME BETWEEN SOLO ALBUM AND VELVET REVOLVER

October 10, 2008

Velvet Revolver lead guitarist, Slash is currently in the studio working on demos for his upcoming solo album, which he hopes to begin recording in January. Although Slash is currently writing new material with Velvet Revolver, while the band continues its search for a lead vocalist to replace Scott Weiland, he has been finding the time to record songs for his solo album. Slash will look to bring in different vocalists for the project with help from a few of his old friends he has worked with in the past.

We caught up with Slash, at the unveiling of his Gibson Signature Series Slash Guitar, to get an update on where his solo project is.

"I'm just at the very tail end of doing demos for it right now.  So, I'll probably have about four more songs left to record in demo form and then in January go into the studio and actually start recording.  Schedule permitting because I've got Velvet Revolver stuff if we find a singer.  So, it's sort of a juggling act at the moment."

Although Slash didn't want to jinx anything by revealing any vocalists as of yet, it is rumored that his close friends Lenny Kravitz, Sebastian Bach and Alice Cooper have initially committed to the project. Slash and Velvet Revolver continue their search for a lead vocalist as well, so the band can get into the studio to begin recording their highly anticipated follow up to "Libertad."

Video: http://www.artisannews.com/ans101/templates/?a=5263&z=98

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2008, 10:07:38 AM »

Thanks for the updates, FM.

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: