Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:15:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash says Velvet Revolver singer search is 'still ongoing'
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says Velvet Revolver singer search is 'still ongoing'  (Read 207268 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #860 on: May 06, 2010, 04:30:14 PM »

I think it will happen in 2011 and early in the year.
expecting duff to leave jane's addiction just like that for VR?
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #861 on: May 06, 2010, 05:21:30 PM »

I'm willing to guess that duff has an agreement with JA that when VR has the chance of returning to the sports he can take it anytime.

Some of you might remember this.

Suddenly    Brain=gone... Frank is in

A replacement is found in no-time.. although with bands of this caliber it takes some time but I'm sure they all have an agreement.

When VR is coming back everyone is going back in.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #862 on: May 06, 2010, 06:21:08 PM »

I'm willing to guess that duff has an agreement with JA that when VR has the chance of returning to the sports he can take it anytime.

Some of you might remember this.

Suddenly    Brain=gone... Frank is in

A replacement is found in no-time.. although with bands of this caliber it takes some time but I'm sure they all have an agreement.

When VR is coming back everyone is going back in.

"suddenly" yeahrite, they knew the whole time brain was gonna go back to the US because his wife would give birth. it's not even remotely close to this
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #863 on: May 06, 2010, 07:12:32 PM »

The thing is, I don't think VR need to search anymore, they have a singer in Myles Kennedy.
They could pick up momentum and get to work straight away.

Both Slash and Duff have mentioned they have some great music ready for the next VR album, they just need a singer. Get Myles in, problem solved!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #864 on: May 06, 2010, 07:26:25 PM »

I can only go on the interviews that Slash and Duff have given. Duff gives the impression that VR is a non issue for sometime in the future. In one of the interviews posted here he says something like VR will be ready in maybe 2 years. Slash on the other hand has stated non stop that he will start to work on VR in October. In the interviews during the MTV show when asked was he going to do another solo album right away he brought up VR and said no that VR is the next priorty. It does not sound like he is planning on making it a 2 year wait. I guess will have to wait and see how it plays out with Duff. gnrjanus might be correct in his thinking.  If VR gets a singer and Duff is not ready who knows what will happen.

One thing I have noticed is that no one has asked Slash in any interview about Duff and his VR status. I just find that odd. The word is out about Duff joining JA but when Slash is questioned about VR it is only about the singer.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 07:40:05 PM by sleeper » Logged
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #865 on: May 06, 2010, 07:29:57 PM »

I can only go on the interviews that Slash and Duff have given. Duff gives the impression that VR is a non issue for sometime in the future. In one of the interviews posted here he says something like VR will be ready in maybe 2 years. Slash on the other hand has stated non stop that he will start to work on VR in October. In the interviews during the MTV show when asked was he going to do another solo album right away he brought up VR and said no that VR is the next priorty. It does not sound like he is planning on making it a 2 year wait. I guess will have to wait and see how it plays out with Duff. gnrjanus might be correct in his thinking.  If VR gets a singer and Duff is not ready who knows what will happen.
something makes you think that when slash's tour is over they'll find their new singer instantly but they couldn't find a singer between 07-09, they can't even get myles kennedy 'cause he'll tour with his band
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #866 on: May 07, 2010, 01:48:25 AM »

The thing is, I don't think VR need to search anymore, they have a singer in Myles Kennedy.

Both Slash and Duff have mentioned they have some great music ready for the next VR album, they just need a singer. Get Myles in, problem solved!
Just because Slash is satisfied with having Myles tour his solo album doesn't mean he'd be a natural fit for VR.  I have no knowledge of this whatsoever, but just listening to Duff and Slash on that radio takeover show to promote Slash's album it seemed that Slash was way more into Myles than Duff was.

If VR is getting back into the swing of things in October, it's most likely going to be without Duff.  And is there a demand for a Velvet Revolver without Duff AND Scott?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #867 on: May 07, 2010, 02:23:37 AM »

Just because Slash is satisfied with having Myles tour his solo album doesn't mean he'd be a natural fit for VR.  I have no knowledge of this whatsoever, but just listening to Duff and Slash on that radio takeover show to promote Slash's album it seemed that Slash was way more into Myles than Duff was.

If VR is getting back into the swing of things in October, it's most likely going to be without Duff.  And is there a demand for a Velvet Revolver without Duff AND Scott?

True, but maybe getting back into the swing of things means Slash will be focusing full time on a new singer, not plodding ahead without Duff in the band.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #868 on: May 07, 2010, 10:14:31 AM »

True, but maybe getting back into the swing of things means Slash will be focusing full time on a new singer, not plodding ahead without Duff in the band.
Well, I don't know Duff's schedule but I'd imagine he'd be pretty busy with Janes and I would think he'd want to have some input on who might lead VR.  After all, as you said, Slash may have already found the guy in Myles.  Is Duff alright with that?  He was considered for the gig the first time around and didn't get it.  Slash obviously loves the guy, but I'm not sure the feeling is mutual.  Also, would they want to take a guy who's already in another band and has that to fall back on like they did with Scott?  The STP reunion I'm sure had a lot to do with the breakup of VR.  Bottom line, I think the future in VR is bleak at best.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #869 on: May 07, 2010, 10:44:15 AM »

I said all along that VR would get back together... but its not looking so good now.
Plus, i hate when bands loose key members and continue using the name.  Scott and Duff were/are key members.  it wouldn't be the same without both.

If Duff is not coming back, Slash should just declare VR dead in the water.  Dave was always the most replaceable anyways.

Would like to see Slash in a new band, maybe with Myles, Todd kerns, Adler and some rhytm guitarist.  (maybe Izzy would like that Myles is so humble).

There's always room for Duff if he is available. 

Hmmm, just realised this would be old GNR with Myles singing lol! 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #870 on: May 07, 2010, 02:09:30 PM »

I said all along that VR would get back together... but its not looking so good now.
Plus, i hate when bands loose key members and continue using the name.  Scott and Duff were/are key members.  it wouldn't be the same without both.

If Duff is not coming back, Slash should just declare VR dead in the water.  Dave was always the most replaceable anyways.

Would like to see Slash in a new band, maybe with Myles, Todd kerns, Adler and some rhytm guitarist.  (maybe Izzy would like that Myles is so humble).

There's always room for Duff if he is available. 

Hmmm, just realised this would be old GNR with Myles singing lol! 
Duff is key but Scott that is questionable.
Since Slash has not declared VR dead its not, the members just need to do there own thing right now.
Kind of reminds me of when Slash was first doing stuff with Snake Pit he put GN'R in the end as more importaint till he decided to leave but the circumstances are way different in that mainly Slash would not leave VR.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #871 on: May 16, 2010, 05:00:46 PM »

Jimmy Gnecco interview

May 15, 2010

You?ve been approached by Slash, haven?t you?

I was asked by Velvet Revolver to try that out. And after Layne [Staley] from Alice in Chains died, I was asked to give that a shot as well. I actually would love to put together a real group of musicians from different bands to collaborate on something. Maybe another record with Rick [Rubin]?who knows, maybe we?ll get Slash, who knows!

http://www.musicvice.com/interviews/jimmy-gnecco-interview-150510

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Gnecco

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #872 on: May 16, 2010, 05:03:03 PM »

Thanks for the links, I had no idea who he was!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #873 on: May 19, 2010, 10:25:38 PM »

Just a quick note.  STP was on The Howard Stern Show yesterday and Howard asked Scott if he thought VR would be able to go on without him.  Scott replied that VR is no longer a band.  Kind of a loaded answer, but I agree with him.  VR are dead in the water right now and will be for some time.  And I think the only real way to go on would be to get Scott back onboard down the road, but I'm not sure if any of THEM want that to happen.  But without him, I think they should start from scratch.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #874 on: May 25, 2010, 11:50:08 AM »

Deleo Fears Recovering Weiland Is 'Popping Pills'

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS bassist ROBERT DELEO has urged frontman SCOTT WEILAND to seek help for an alleged drug addiction, accusing the rocker of "popping pills".

Weiland, who has previously battled alcohol and drugs, suffered a heroin relapse in late 2007, but recently revealed he had quit taking illegal substances for the sake of his two young children, Noah and Lucy.

He said, "Heroin made me feel all right in my own skin. Before I did it I was uncomfortable going into crowds, which is interesting given my profession. But when I did dope, the fear went away. That's why I hung on to it so long. But my kids fill up that hole now."

But DeLeo has voiced fresh concerns for his pal's health after he reportedly showed up two hours late for a recent photoshoot and interview with U.S. music magazine Spin and requested four glasses of whisky upon his arrival.

And DeLeo insists Weiland should undergo treatment for his personal problems before it affects their promotional plans for their new self-titled album, which is released in the U.S. on Tuesday (25May10).

He tells Spin magazine, "He can't got on tour. He needs help... He thinks he's clean just because he's not shooting heroin. But he's popping pills."

Sad....

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #875 on: May 25, 2010, 12:29:22 PM »

This is, really bad news. About to go to Europe and start a tour, then they're supposed to come back late summer/early fall and tour the US.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #876 on: May 25, 2010, 01:22:27 PM »

Deleo Fears Recovering Weiland Is 'Popping Pills'

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS bassist ROBERT DELEO has urged frontman SCOTT WEILAND to seek help for an alleged drug addiction, accusing the rocker of "popping pills".

Weiland, who has previously battled alcohol and drugs, suffered a heroin relapse in late 2007, but recently revealed he had quit taking illegal substances for the sake of his two young children, Noah and Lucy.

He said, "Heroin made me feel all right in my own skin. Before I did it I was uncomfortable going into crowds, which is interesting given my profession. But when I did dope, the fear went away. That's why I hung on to it so long. But my kids fill up that hole now."

But DeLeo has voiced fresh concerns for his pal's health after he reportedly showed up two hours late for a recent photoshoot and interview with U.S. music magazine Spin and requested four glasses of whisky upon his arrival.

And DeLeo insists Weiland should undergo treatment for his personal problems before it affects their promotional plans for their new self-titled album, which is released in the U.S. on Tuesday (25May10).

He tells Spin magazine, "He can't got on tour. He needs help... He thinks he's clean just because he's not shooting heroin. But he's popping pills."

Sad....

Bear in mind that this is from Spin magazine. They completely fabricated an interview with GN'R once, leading everyone in the band to refuse to ever have anything more to do with them. The magazine was reportedly surprised to find that this applied to Velvet Revolver as well. So whereas, given Scott's history this is perfectly possible, given Spin's history, it's also perfectly possible that it's complete bullshit.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: