Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:28:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread  (Read 124551 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2006, 02:19:34 PM »

Hitch was more of a problem. He was at fault for the lack of heart and their lack of toughness.

He was that way in his Dallas days too.? He unceremoniously dumped Shane Churla (after 7 years protecting the Stars), actively prevented Brent Severyn frm having his name put on the Cup, had no one over 100 PIM in 1999-00.? Todd Harvey and Brendan Morrow usually led his teams in PIM while he coached in Dallas.? Those teams had no protectors, limited toughness, and repeatedly fell apart in playoff time because of it.

And now, he kicks Fedoruk and Brashear to the curb.? The toughest player on this year's team is Nolan Baumgartner.? Disgusted yet?

Hopefully Stevens and Holmgren turn it around and get someone decently tough either this year or next.

but he won a cup, so how can you argue against his moves???

there's no fighting in the NHL anymore. if you don't have speed and some skill, you're a liability. five years ago, brash was an awesome asset to his team. now he's practically worthless.

toughness is not the flyers problem. they have not been playing with much heart, their D is awful, and they have not finished many of their chances offensively (and they have had plenty of chances). i think many players do not respond well to hitch and are struggling under the pressure he places on them.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2006, 03:44:06 PM »

The Hawks are beginning to fuck up. I hope Havlat's injury won't keep him out too long.

At least it looks like they have a weak didision, so that's good.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2006, 11:05:47 AM »

Going to the Leafs/Sens game tonight at the ACC...My only hope is the Leafs dont get blown away....I dont mind a lose as long as its a good game...We got first row gold by the visitor blue line

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2006, 12:54:59 PM »

Going to the Leafs/Sens game tonight at the ACC...My only hope is the Leafs dont get blown away....I dont mind a lose as long as its a good game...We got first row gold by the visitor blue line

lucky bastard rant

hihi j/k nice score drool beer have a great time...ottawa is pretty spotty so far leafs may take it

Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2006, 02:20:09 PM »

Hitch's Cup win was mostly because of the team being carried by Ed Belfour throughout the whole playoffs.  1.67 GAA and 3 shutouts, plus a .930 save pct.  The lack of toughness and grit screwed everything up for them in the years following.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2006, 02:32:20 PM »

Hitch's Cup win was mostly because of the team being carried by Ed Belfour throughout the whole playoffs.? 1.67 GAA and 3 shutouts, plus a .930 save pct.? The lack of toughness and grit screwed everything up for them in the years following.

most champs ride a hot goalie...kinda unfair to single hitchcock out...that Dallas team was pretty damn awesome too drool

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2006, 03:48:21 PM »

Hitch's Cup win was mostly because of the team being carried by Ed Belfour throughout the whole playoffs.? 1.67 GAA and 3 shutouts, plus a .930 save pct.? The lack of toughness and grit screwed everything up for them in the years following.

most champs ride a hot goalie...kinda unfair to single hitchcock out...that Dallas team was pretty damn awesome too drool

They were full of lousy cheaters!

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2006, 04:07:31 PM »

They were full of lousy cheaters!

like Craig '8ft wide shin pads' Ludwig hihi the only cheaters on that team were ex-habs rofl

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2006, 04:46:47 PM »

there's no fighting in the NHL anymore. if you don't have speed and some skill, you're a liability. five years ago, brash was an awesome asset to his team. now he's practically worthless.

toughness is not the flyers problem. they have not been playing with much heart, their D is awful, and they have not finished many of their chances offensively (and they have had plenty of chances). i think many players do not respond well to hitch and are struggling under the pressure he places on them.

Fighting isnt completely obsolete. It seems that way because the Flyers have been towards the bottom of league in fights the last two seasons, but its still there. However, this isn't just about fighting. It's about their lack of toughness in general. They have been a completely soft team. They've been getting outhit. They don't stick up for their star players. They don't retaliate after major hits such as the one that ended Primeau's career or the one that ended Johnsson's season (and career as a Flyer). Heck, they can't even check anymore. It's like Hitch had them so fearful of taking a bad penalty that they wouldn't even look at a player the wrong way.

The lack of toughness isn't the only problem but they shouldn't allow theirselves to be complete pushovers regardless of the other problems. That being said, I agree that many players didn't respond well under Hitch. He is a good coach but his style wears thin - especially on the younger players. Gagne and Richards didn't respond well from reading their comments. Justin Williams and Mike Comrie didn't respond well either. I believe Hitch has probably hurt Pitkanen's confidence, too.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2006, 05:17:15 PM »

Fighting isnt completely obsolete. It seems that way because the Flyers have been towards the bottom of league in fights the last two seasons, but its still there. However, this isn't just about fighting. It's about their lack of toughness in general. They have been a completely soft team. They've been getting outhit. They don't stick up for their star players. They don't retaliate after major hits such as the one that ended Primeau's career or the one that ended Johnsson's season (and career as a Flyer). Heck, they can't even check anymore. It's like Hitch had them so fearful of taking a bad penalty that they wouldn't even look at a player the wrong way.

The lack of toughness isn't the only problem but they shouldn't allow theirselves to be complete pushovers regardless of the other problems. That being said, I agree that many players didn't respond well under Hitch. He is a good coach but his style wears thin - especially on the younger players. Gagne and Richards didn't respond well from reading their comments. Justin Williams and Mike Comrie didn't respond well either. I believe Hitch has probably hurt Pitkanen's confidence, too.

Well said - As a Flyers fan - I totally agree.  I am hoping that coach Sutter from the World Junior Canadian team gets the spot in Philly.  Gagne, Pitkanen, Carter, Richards, Niittymakki, Forsberg will all start to fire under him. And Downie joins the team in a couple years!!

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2006, 09:53:30 PM »

Well said - As a Flyers fan - I totally agree.? I am hoping that coach Sutter from the World Junior Canadian team gets the spot in Philly.? Gagne, Pitkanen, Carter, Richards, Niittymakki, Forsberg will all start to fire under him. And Downie joins the team in a couple years!!

Sutter would be a great addition but Stevens will get the whole season. I am kinda excited about Stevens even though he has no NHL experience. He was really good with the youngsters on the Phantoms so he might just get them to produce. I think he will help Pitkanen a lot! Can't wait for Downie! Giroux looks like he could be awesome, too! Clarke set us up well for the future.  Cheesy
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2006, 06:20:17 AM »

Pittsburgh rocked last night! Although it was against the Devils who've had a bit of a rough start, but still. If Crosby and Malkin are finding each other like that out there in the future as well... It'll be one hell of a season. Fleury was pretty good. He could've kept the Devils at one. The second goal was not needed. But still. I'm impressed. They look like a whole new team. Especially the young players are benefitting from less hooking and obstruction. I'm especially glad about Staal's performance. I really hope they don't send him back to the minors.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2006, 08:38:41 AM »

Damn.... Malkin 4 goals in 4 games... i don't think Staal will be sent down but it's possible

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »

yeah malkin and crosby are one of the best duos at the moment.. but that may change since malkins last club in russia are trying to get him back suing pittsburgh and stuff.. but i hope it works out
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2006, 10:56:19 AM »

actually the suit is to see what malkin contract is binding right? he may have to head back to russia if he is in breach Undecided

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2006, 01:52:19 PM »

Handzus out for the year now. Fuck.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2006, 05:33:14 PM »

Magnitogorsk has no case.  Russian law, as far as I understand it, states that as long as you give two weeks notice on any employment contract, you may legally exit that contract.

They failed trying it on Ovechkin, and they'll fail at it here too.

That being said, I'm hoping he turns out to be a nicer guy than Crosby has been.  I have a custom-made 8x10 photo waiting to be sent out for an autograph request.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2006, 08:08:02 PM »

From what I've heard, the contract he had to write with the russian team (was it magnitogorsk (sp??) ??) Smiley , was done under more than suspicious conditions. Dunno for sure though.. As prolly does no one 'xcept for the people involved.

But still.. He's had an impressive start. Crosby was good last year.. This year he seems to have cut the talk a bit (although there's still some.. and there always will and I'm cool with it) and his really fighting out there.

At the moment... good times..

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2006, 10:32:31 PM »

I know it is only one game but it feels so good to say THE FLYERS WIN!  hihi
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2006, 04:49:20 AM »

I know it is only one game but it feels so good to say THE FLYERS WIN!? hihi

yeah it really was only for a game,

woah pittsburgh will prolly make the playoffs this year with that superduo, malkin scored for the 5th game in a row and crosby scored his first NHL hat trick
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: