Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:20:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The Truth About the Spaghetti Incident
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Truth About the Spaghetti Incident  (Read 4659 times)
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« on: March 20, 2007, 04:00:28 PM »

From a radio Interview Axl and Slash conducted in Jan 94 on the show Rockline. Taught it might be interesting to discuss this on the site as some of the points made are extremely interesting.

According to Axl neither he nor Slash have had an interview in the same room for nearly 5 years

Slash has just given the latest tape of material to Axl, which Axl says he has been eagerly awaiting

Slash says The Spaghetti Incident started as a joke, whereas Axl said it was an idea that began even before Appetite for Destruction, that they simply hadn't the money to do before the Use Your Illusion sessions (which is when the bulk of this album was recorded)

Slash says that The Spaghetti Incident is just a few of the influences that Guns N' Roses have, whereas Axl says its the few influences he thinks people wouldn't normally hear, obviously the more mainstream ones being Queen and Aerosmith.

Slash says The Spaghetti Incident came from jamming on down time, Axl agrees, although adds he tried to steer the direction of the music into something that could be used for a project later.

Hair of the Dog was originally played by Hollywood Rose

Slash says The Spaghetti Incident is not necessarily a Punk covers album, its just something that represents where the band came from, to help people set a mood.

Axl wanted to call the record Pinch N Find because he taught it might help the artists on it pay the rent with the royalties, considering so many of them were long gone out of print and mind

Slash says the band will always do what they want or else they'd get bored. The criticism of the band seems to have dropped recently, as this is around the time of the Estranged video, and Axl is happy to see that the press aren't abusing him as much as they used to.

Axl said they recorded every single show they did (from the Illusion Tour presumably) and they have talked about compiling those things together, but they haven't had time to listen to the recordings, and he doesn't really know what the standard would be like.

Axl said the band filmed everything on the road from the same tour, and would like to put out a Documentary movie with a soundtrack, presumably the live album would be that soundtrack.

Axl prefers the originals to all the songs covered on The Spaghetti Incident

A fan told Geffen Records and the band that if they pull the Charles Manson song, he will sue them for $1 per album sold and from the date the track is pulled and he will file this in federal court, but the band have no plans to do so.

Axl says hello to a girl named Jennifer in Raleigh, North Carolina

Slash says they did consider pulling the Charles Manson track because the messages were crossed and Axl says he only did it because he likes the lyrics, and it just seemed to be something he hadn't seen publicized in a big way and he taught people would like to hear. He does not worship Manson.

The son of one of the Manson Murder Victims receives royalties for the song, not the estate of Charles Manson, and neither does Manson himself receive a penny.
Look at Your Game Girl is played on the radio

Axl Rose is putting together a solo album thats kind of a secret weapon, which Slash apparently doesn't know about, although Slash has no plans he does mention that Gilby is almost finished his (Axl doesn't mention his debut on Gilbys solo album)

Axl says Izzy will never again come back, because the band got blackmailed, because it turned sour at the end but he doesn't mention what exactly happened.

Axl says his return to St Louis (for his trial) turned out OK, and Slash says he wants to play there again

Axl Rose says he doesn't know a Queen song he can cover that would be of a caliber to match Queen, and Slash says all of the songs on the album were spontaneously picked, and it was a fast decision so it didn't come up to play Queen.

Axl says they may work with Brian May on a project upcoming very soon, they just don't know yet, as the band get on really well with them.

Axl says that he has never seen two Guitarists complement each other better then Slash and Brian May. Slash says he's one of the most unpretentious rock stars of his generation. He says Dead On Time would have been a great song for The Spaghetti Incident.

Ain't It Fun was a checklist of the bands history, as far as Slash is concerned, and is a tribute to Hanoi Rocks front man Hanoi Rocks.

Axl put the line Ain't It Fun on the linear notes of Use Your Illusions because he wanted to give a hint that the song was coming up, much like You Could Be Mine comments on Appetite for Destruction

Estranged isn't part of the Trilogy of songs, its more Volume 4, since Volume 3 could never be done (when Stephanie dumped Axl).

The video that should have been made instead of Estranged was transcript ed in Del James book and is called The Language of Fear

Axl Rose put Civil War on the Romanian Child Appeal album because George Harrison asked him. Its based all the crazy things in the world, and was written for that particular album, and eventually went on Use Your Illusions 2.

The next album will feature whatever the band are inspired by at the present time, they aren't very forthcoming about this information, and Slash apparently doesn't know whats going on.

Axl says he doesn't really have spare time, everything is Guns N' Roses orientated, the band is aiming to go out on the road again in 1996 but the band is still trying to move ahead as much as they can in that time. He says they don't really have any free time, as its all work related, and the next album will prob be recorded in the next 2 years.
Axl had the idea to put a T-Rex and a Sound Garden song together. This is the song that Slash sings lead vocals on.

Since I Don't Have You was just a little fun song. He doesn't know how the end of the song happened, the little groove thing at the end, he's not sure. Slash used Gilby's practice Guitar to record his stuff in that song, therefore meaning it was never recorded with Izzy.

Slash says hes working on a project about Hair of the Dog in the hopes of making it into a video.

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
DirtySanchez
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 04:15:20 PM »

i read that they were also gonna record, or maybe did record, "I hate people" by Anti-Nowhere League but Axl couldn't get the vocals to sound the way wanted (imagine that), I think he would sound awesome singing it tho.
also, related i guess, here's a video I filmed of the UK Subs version of "Down On The Farm", sung directly into my camera? Grin.
This show was of particular note cause the Subs, an original '77 punk band that's been touring the world for 30 years, played their Philadelphia show in the basement of a punk house. RAWK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4YSNZR7vvQ
Schizo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 05:48:57 PM »

Slash and Izzy told in Guitar World interview (about '88 or '89) that the band will record some Hanoi Rocks tune. Unfortunately that song never saw the light of day. And probably it would have been published on the Spaghetti Incident.

But the real question is - what Hanoi tune GN'R was about to record? My guess is "Problem Child" or "Lost In The City".
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 05:58:33 PM »

i read that they were also gonna record, or maybe did record, "I hate people" by Anti-Nowhere League but Axl couldn't get the vocals to sound the way wanted (imagine that), I think he would sound awesome singing it tho.
also, related i guess, here's a video I filmed of the UK Subs version of "Down On The Farm", sung directly into my camera  Grin.
This show was of particular note cause the Subs, an original '77 punk band that's been touring the world for 30 years, played their Philadelphia show in the basement of a punk house. RAWK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4YSNZR7vvQ

That UK Sub's video is good  beer It goes to show, no matter how bad the recording is, just as long as there's a good song and the band's into it, that's all that count.
anythinggoes
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 06:01:26 PM »

cool does anyone have the audio to this some interesting things in there
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 06:35:37 PM »

You can find the audio of this in the AFC section right now

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 06:53:37 PM »

Could that chick in Raleigh, NC be Jennifer Driver from the SIDH video?  Just curious, because that chick was just ridiculously hot.   drool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 12:44:16 PM »

Could that chick in Raleigh, NC be Jennifer Driver from the SIDH video?? Just curious, because that chick was just ridiculously hot.? ?drool

Yeah I taught that myself

anythinggoes
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 09:01:55 PM »

You can find the audio of this in the AFC section right now

cool thank you Cheesy
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 08:33:57 PM »

But the real question is - what Hanoi tune GN'R was about to record? My guess is "Problem Child" or "Lost In The City".

I heard it was "A Beer and a Cigarette", and that the reason the band decided not to do it was because their friend Michael Monroe wouldn't get any royalties while Andy McCoy, who they thought was a prick, would get paid because he was the lone songwriter.  How accurate that is, I'm not sure, I just remember hearing or reading that somewhere a long while back
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 01:10:02 PM »

I heard it was "A Beer and a Cigarette", and that the reason the band decided not to do it was because their friend Michael Monroe wouldn't get any royalties while Andy McCoy, who they thought was a prick, would get paid because he was the lone songwriter.? How accurate that is, I'm not sure, I just remember hearing or reading that somewhere a long while back

That, or you read my topic that you critized me over regarding Michael Monroe on Dead Horse, and read what I had wrote in that topic the other day

No. You see, I read on Monroes website, a while back, that Andy McCoy was the reason the band didnt include the cover of Hanoi Rocks on the Spaghetti Incident...they didnt feel he deserved the royalties.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 07:03:12 PM »

I heard it was "A Beer and a Cigarette", and that the reason the band decided not to do it was because their friend Michael Monroe wouldn't get any royalties while Andy McCoy, who they thought was a prick, would get paid because he was the lone songwriter.  How accurate that is, I'm not sure, I just remember hearing or reading that somewhere a long while back

That, or you read my topic that you critized me over regarding Michael Monroe on Dead Horse, and read what I had wrote in that topic the other day

No. You see, I read on Monroes website, a while back, that Andy McCoy was the reason the band didnt include the cover of Hanoi Rocks on the Spaghetti Incident...they didnt feel he deserved the royalties.

I actually didn't read your thread so how could I have criticized it?  ok
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 04:34:59 AM »

I heard it was "A Beer and a Cigarette", and that the reason the band decided not to do it was because their friend Michael Monroe wouldn't get any royalties while Andy McCoy, who they thought was a prick, would get paid because he was the lone songwriter.? How accurate that is, I'm not sure, I just remember hearing or reading that somewhere a long while back

I actually didn't read your thread so how could I have criticized it?? ok

My apologises, wrong person, sorry for bashing  Cry

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 09:22:33 AM »

Thanks for posting all that... It may have been from 96 but i was still interesting to me today...

ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 04:36:31 PM »

Thanks for posting all that... It may have been from 96 but i was still interesting to me today...

No worries man, but it was actually from Jan 1994

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: