Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:50:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  After a long deliberation, Rhiad will kick ultimate ass if released
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: After a long deliberation, Rhiad will kick ultimate ass if released  (Read 7830 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2006, 11:33:50 PM »

In the 2002 guise, Axl couldn't hit the notes in person to perfection.

what notes were they???

The wails often sounded off key in 2002, and the vocals weren't that good.  The 1/1/01 version was a strong vocal performance but unfortunately the quality of the recordings from that show aren't very good.  The best performance of the song to date is marred by a weak recording.  And I can see from some of the 2002 versions why people woudn't like or be excited about the song
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2006, 11:36:48 PM »

Rhiad and the Bedouins is one of the more controversial GnR songs.  It's kind of a love or hate song.  But the problem is most live versions of the song are pretty bad.  In the 2002 guise, Axl couldn't hit the notes in person to perfection.  But the 1/1/01 Vegas show performance was strong.  The intro to Rhiad is bad ass, I still love that intro.  So is Buckethead's solo.  We know that Rhiad was included as a song Ron Thal had to learn for the current tour even though they haven't played it.  But I have a feeling that the studio version will kick ass even if it isn't on CD.  I think we'll hear the studio version eventually.  once CD is released, the pressure won't be as great.  I think the new GnR will release 3 albums within 5-6 years and we'll finally hear the real Rhiad.  But I don't get why people hate this song, if you've heart the 1/1/01 Vegas version you would realize it rocks  ok

Seriously?
i wouldnt plan on it

With the amount of material they've recorded, I'd be surprised if they didn't.  Once Chinese Democracy hits the shelves, a lot of the pressure will be off Axl.  He's spent a long time perfecting CD to make what in his mind is the best record he can make.  After that, there will be a lot less pressure and I think they'll release a couple more albums within the 5-6 years following CD.  They have already recorded a ton of material and are currently working on new songs.  After CD is finished they'll have at least 2 more albums worth of material recorded
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

Blind Melon - Chinese Democracy?

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2006, 09:00:08 AM »

rhiad and silkworms suck

but 'oh my god' is AMAZING !

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: