Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:02:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Who Gave Romney The Answer?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Gave Romney The Answer?  (Read 2785 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« on: January 25, 2008, 11:54:11 PM »

Romney is asked if he'd do the same as Reagan with Social Security. Just before he answers you can hear a whisper saying "he raised taxes. I'm not gonna".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMtXBJWm3CA

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 12:31:11 AM »

haha, busted!

Though, I may not always agree with your posts, I enjoy them immensely.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 12:36:04 AM »

Nah, I'm just hearing things. Nothing to see here.  Wink

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 12:56:55 AM »

It was Heath Ledger's Masseuse.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 01:09:52 AM »

Nah, I'm just hearing things.

That is what the Doctors told me. hihi

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 01:58:12 AM »

I watched the debate and I did pick up on that.  Huh

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 02:07:16 AM »

I watched the debate and I did pick up on that.  Huh

Well it's on youtube, so it must be real.  Tongue
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 09:48:16 AM »

The media is picking up on this: 

I think Romney is getting fed answers by other sources and is not as smart as his supporters think he is. Maybe this will be his 'Howard Dean' moment?

Strange Whisper Before Romney Answer Perplexes Debate Viewers
by FOXNews.com
Friday, January 25, 2008

Forget Dennis Kucinich?s claims about seeing UFOs. The new unsolved mystery of the campaign trail is the ?whisper.?

The blogosphere was abuzz Friday morning over an audible whisper that cut through the mix during the GOP presidential debate in Boca Raton, Fla., the night before.

It?s unclear who it was, but the voice could be heard after moderator Tim Russert asked Mitt Romney whether, as a fan of Ronald Reagan, he would ?do for Social Security what Ronald Reagan did in 1983.?

Right before Romney answered, somebody seemed to whisper: ?He raised taxes.?

And then Romney responded, as if taking the cue, ?I?m not going to raise taxes.?

So where did the whisper come from?

A fellow candidate? A techie? An earpiece? Brian Williams? (Williams was also moderating.)

The former Massachusetts governor didn?t appear to be wearing any kind of wire or earpiece - but bloggers and those who comment on their Web sites are scratching their heads over where the voice came from.

Web site The Raw Story wrote in a brief article about the incident Friday that some are accusing Romney of ?shenanigans? - like waiting for a prompt before answering the question.

The Romney campaign has not yet responded to a request for comment from FOX News.

Jeremy Gaines, a spokesman for debate sponsor MSNBC, said in an e-mail to FOXNews.com, ?We heard the same thing you heard. There was obviously an open mike which picked up the whisper, but we have no way of knowing who did the whispering.?

The whispers about the whisper are reminiscent of the Internet speculation in 2004 over whether George W. Bush was wearing a wire during a debate, after photos showed what appeared to be an unusual bulge on his back.

Bush denied he was getting a feed from his aides, and laughed off the rumors.

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/25/strange-whisper-before-romney-answer-perplexes-debate-viewers/

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 11:55:53 AM »

Wow, this is the a true conundrum. Which one do I believe? Fox news or a youtube video?

Shocked

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 12:28:26 PM »

Wow, this is the a true conundrum. Which one do I believe? Fox news or a youtube video?

Shocked

Haha too bad the Weekly World News is no longer in print........it had more credibility than either one of those!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 02:32:40 PM »

THAT TAXES WHISPER
From NBC?s Domenico Montanaro
EDITOR?S NOTE: There has been a lot of confusion over a whispered moment from last night?s debate -- someone saying what we believe was ?not raise taxes? after a question from Tim Russert on Reagan and social security. We put the following post up last night immediately following what we and several First Read commenters heard.

For full disclosure, the way it works for us when we?re liveblogging is our contributors, who are either on site at the location or in D.C. or elsewhere, will usually send me posts via e-mail. While I am watching the debate, I read the dispatches, post if applicable after quickly editing and put up my own thoughts. Regular e-mail questions get mixed in sometimes. I put this one up, but when I did, Lauren Appelbaum wrote me and said it was not necessarily intended to be a post but actually just a question to me if I knew who made the "taxes" comment. Being in South Carolina, following the Democrats for their primary and not on site in Florida, I didn?t know. We thought it might have simply been our control room cueing a question, which then didn?t seem to warrant a post, since that would be very inside baseball. So, I took it down.

After some of the confusion today, we are putting it back up for those that haven?t seen it. As far as figuring out the mystery of who or where it came from, that is being worked on, and we hope to have an answer soon. It puzzled us here too, and we?re looking through tape of other candidates to see if it was one of them. We?ll let you know. Here's the original post:

The taxes whisper
From NBC?s Lauren Appelbaum and NBC/NJ?s Erin McPike

After Russert asked Romney the question on Reagan -- ?Will you do for social security what Ronald Reagan did in 1983?? -- there is an audible statement in just one channel of audio saying ?not raise taxes.?

Then Romney says ?I?m not going to raise taxes??

First Read commenters also noticed this -- where did this come from?

*** UPDATE *** After reviewing the tapes, NBC determined that an open mic picked up a whisper from the audience. It is unclear who it is that says it, but it was not said by any of the candidates, was not heard in the hall and, more importantly, not heard by the candidates.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 03:25:34 PM »

*** UPDATE *** After reviewing the tapes, NBC determined that an open mic picked up a whisper from the audience. It is unclear who it is that says it, but it was not said by any of the candidates, was not heard in the hall and, more importantly, not heard by the candidates.

Another cover up sorted - and in record time, touche!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 03:44:32 PM »

Another cover up sorted - and in record time, touche!

Do you really believe its a cover-up?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 12:05:19 PM »

Romney had a staffer inside his podium giving him answers  hihi

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 12:54:11 PM »

If you listen real hard you can also hear "Don't taze me bro?"

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: