Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:16:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 Fantasy Football
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 Fantasy Football  (Read 44073 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2009, 09:24:35 AM »

I am a member of GNRevolution also

so if worse comes to worse, I could playon their side.
Well they have more guys than us right now, so we'd need one of THEM to come to our side.  I post over there too, but I don't think any of them post here.  They're quite territorial.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 07:56:31 PM »

D is willing to join the enemy???  Oh, this is disheartening.  Faldor, you have no choice other than to turn D loose.  It's treasonous I tell you!   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2009, 11:14:26 PM »

D is willing to join the enemy???  Oh, this is disheartening.  Faldor, you have no choice other than to turn D loose.  It's treasonous I tell you!   hihi

We need D, we can't afford to turn him loose.  We need 2 more willing participants from the HTGTH side just to even things out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2009, 12:08:00 AM »

haha

nah just mean if we have no other choice

Im ready for revenge.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2009, 08:14:57 AM »

I split and renamed the divisions accordingly.  The schedule is a little out of whack with the unbalanced divisions.  You play 2 games against every team in your division, then the GNRevo guys play ONE team outside the division, we play 3.  But for some reason, out of those 3 non division games they seem to match you up with ONE team outside the division twice.  I could manually adjust the schedule when it comes closer to the start of the season.  But 2 more teams from here would solve all our problems.

Further issues to attend to.  I'd like to drop at least one roster spot since we have 2 extra teams this year.  So I could drop one starting spot, the slash position.  Or I could drop one bench spot and keep the slash position.  And I could also change the slash spot to include QB's and TE's along with WR's and RB's.  So instead of it being WR/RB it'd be QB/TE/WR/RB.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 08:29:21 AM by faldor » Logged

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2009, 08:56:20 AM »

Just drop a bench spot or something. I love having the RB/WR position. The QB/RB/WR/TE option is too weird. We don't need teams starting two QBs.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2009, 12:38:21 PM »

No two QB's. those leagues are crap

I was in a 20 man league last year and they had 2 QB's.

needless to say, people who didn't notice were not happy. I noticed and won the damn thing.

FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2009, 01:15:04 PM »

Need two more HTGTH guys....COME ON PEOPLE

poop
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2009, 01:37:58 PM »

needless to say, people who didn't notice were not happy. I noticed and won the damn thing.

I've played in 2-QB leagues before, and it can be fun but you about to have just ten or twelve teams in the league to make it work. That way everyone can have their 2 starting QBs and then one for their bench.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2009, 07:17:05 PM »

I've played in 2-QB leagues before, and it can be fun but you about to have just ten or twelve teams in the league to make it work. That way everyone can have their 2 starting QBs and then one for their bench.

I'm with D.  2 starting quarterbacks is like having more than one wife, it just aint natural!   hihi

Just my 2 cents.  peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2009, 12:41:37 PM »

I dropped the slash position and made kickers a little less important, getting back to the more traditional scoring standards.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2009, 09:42:58 PM »

There's a guy over at GNRevo, who's also a member here who said he'd join.  But we'd still need ONE more from here to even things out, then we'd have 8 teams in each division.  That'd be nice.

Who's coming with me?

Edit - I changed the waiver rules so that the every player on the FA list is put on waivers when the games start on Sunday until Tuesday morning after the games are finished for the week.  This way each team will have a fair shot at picking up a player if something drastic happens during gametime action.  Eg. Adrian Peterson goes down with an injury, the first person to notice this and go online wouldn't necessarily have first dibs on his backup.  That would go to the team with the worst record in the league on up.

This works out for me since I'll be at Gillette Stadium 8 weeks of the season not able to fully monitor the goings on.  And of course, I think it's more fair for everyone.  Just make sure you make all your moves by gametime Sunday.  You can't wait until the Monday night game to pick up a 3rd WR.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:57:47 PM by faldor » Logged

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2009, 10:46:32 PM »

There's a guy over at GNRevo, who's also a member here who said he'd join.  But we'd still need ONE more from here to even things out, then we'd have 8 teams in each division.  That'd be nice.

Who's coming with me?

Edit - I changed the waiver rules so that the every player on the FA list is put on waivers when the games start on Sunday until Tuesday morning after the games are finished for the week.  This way each team will have a fair shot at picking up a player if something drastic happens during gametime action.  Eg. Adrian Peterson goes down with an injury, the first person to notice this and go online wouldn't necessarily have first dibs on his backup.  That would go to the team with the worst record in the league on up.

This works out for me since I'll be at Gillette Stadium 8 weeks of the season not able to fully monitor the goings on.  And of course, I think it's more fair for everyone.  Just make sure you make all your moves by gametime Sunday.  You can't wait until the Monday night game to pick up a 3rd WR.

great idea Faldor.  Thanks!  Hey, you're up on Patriots talk, how's Galloway looking?  I only saw him briefly in their first pre-season game and he didn't look great.  Whaddaya think?

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2009, 11:48:21 PM »

I've heard good things about Galloway.  He's still got the legs.  It might take him some time to get in sync with Brady but I'm sure they'll get there soon enough.  He dropped that one ball in the game last week, but that was one of Tom's bad throws.  Can't make too much out of pre-season games anyway.  Julian Edelman looked like a Wes Welker clone in that game but I'd be willing to bet Joey will be more of a focal point on offense than him.  Heck Brady has made the likes of David Givens, Reche Caldwell, and Jabbar Gaffney look like stars.  I'm sure he'll bring the best out of Galloway when all is said and done.  Greg Lewis will get some looks too.

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2009, 03:50:11 PM »

I guess the draft is still on for tonight, right--- even though the divisions are still uneven?

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2009, 09:01:47 PM »

Jessica Alba's not happy with 3rd place after winning it all in '07...Jessica's gonna end up on top this year.   Wink

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2009, 09:16:49 PM »

I always have the hardest time getting into the draft rooms............... and I always miss my first pick

load u fucking piece of shit

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2009, 01:28:28 AM »

I got kicked out twice and had 2 guys autodrafted that I wouldn't have taken if I was IN the room.  I hate back to back picks too, especially when you have to wait 28 damn slots to make a selection.  One time guys were getting plucked off my queue one by one and only 2 were left by the time it was my turn.  One I took without hesitation, but the other one I wasn't thrilled with.  Unfortunately I couldn't find anyone else in the alotted time.

Other than those instances I'm alright with my team.  Although I definitely foresee some tweaking in the coming days/weeks/months.  Tonight was just the beginning.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2009, 08:16:26 AM »

Drove me nuts people went so early on backup QBs when they still had starting positions to fill.

If I could've got Cutler or Hasselback, I would feel great about my team. I got Kyle Orton and Trent Edwards........ So I no longer feel great about my team.

Orton has weapons in Denver and I think he is capable...... but we shall see.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2009, 08:24:08 AM »

I got kicked out twice and had 2 guys autodrafted that I wouldn't have taken if I was IN the room.  I hate back to back picks too, especially when you have to wait 28 damn slots to make a selection. 

Yeah that happened to me once, was not happy... Not sure if it picked the guy I was highlighted on or a random pick... Could have been worse..

Drove me nuts people went so early on backup QBs when they still had starting positions to fill.

Deal with it D... Thats what the draft is all about, you should have picked a QB sooner, you cant expect them to last....

I personally did it because I had a 2 picks in between my own.. It was Carson Palmer Vs Donald Driver... I liked Palmer better and wanted him first... it worked out fine though, because Driver landed at my feet 2 picks later...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: