Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:52:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 Fantasy Football
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 Fantasy Football  (Read 44075 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2009, 10:51:12 AM »

for anyone that has time to take a look at everyone's roster, who do you think have the best teams (excluding your own, of course)?

i took a quick look and it's tough to say. there's alot of balance in the league and no team really stood out over the rest. but right now i'd have to say Pasnow's team looks the strongest. i also like Flash Flood and Estranged Eagles quite a bit too. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2009, 07:20:49 PM »

i like shoot dog - sandman, I really like your starting WR's (Wayne, R. Williams, Housh).  Forte is solid and Grant had a bit of a disappointing year last year but could bounce back.  You've got some decent RB options on the bench (Rice, B. Wells).  Not crazy about Cassel this year.  KC is a steep dropoff talentwise from NE and I think that'll clearly show in his play and overall numbers.  Hasselbeck could have a bounceback year though.

Neemo - good RB's (D. Williams, Barber) and QB (Rodgers).  Never been big on Coles, but he has some decent WR's on the bench waiting in the wings (N. Washington, Ginn Jr).  Very good backup QB, could be used as trade bait for someone in need. 

PaSnow - Matt Ryan is solid but not spectacular, though a years experience and Tony Gonzalez could move him up the ranks.  2 very solid WR's (C. Johnson, Boldin).  Not crazy about Willis McGahee, but has Marshawn Lynch ready to fill in when he comes off suspension.

NighTraiNs - good QB, RB's (McNabb, Portis, Jacobs).  Workmanlike WR's (Ward, Moss, Driver).  Not GREAT, but consistent.

James Lofton - Not crazy about Branch as a 3rd WR.  Larry Johnson is questionable too. (team was autodrafted)

Demolition - solid QB (Rivers) and RB's (LT, P. Thomas).  No elite WR's, but there's some potential there (V Jax, L. Moore, Hixon)

CrashDiet - Lots of guys coming off injury (Brady, Parker, Bush), again solid WR's but not great (D. Jackson, Royal, Walter).

Estranged Eagles - solid RB's (S. Jax, R. Brown, D. Ward).  Derrick Mason, another WR that doesn't have huge upside, but he's consistent.

Mr. Brownstone (my team) - I think my team has some potential, though Kurt Warner isn't getting any younger and I'm not sure he can come close to last seasons output.  Joseph Addai seems to be injury prone, luckily I picked up his backup, but they may share the backfield duties which often is a fantasy nightmare.  I wanted better than Santonio Holmes as a 3rd WR, but he was the best available at the time.  I think a couple guys on my bench could see some serious playing time.  And a few won't last long, in fact they may not see opening day.

Jessica Alba - 2 very solid WR's (Fitzgerald, A. Johnson).  Young RB's with some potential although they play for horrendous teams (McFadden, K. Jones).  Antonio Gates makes up for the questionable options for 3rd WR.

Appetite for D - Very solid WR's (Ochocinco, R. White, G. Jennings).   M. Turner is a no brainer.  Can Lendale White duplicate last years success?  Felix Jones is a solid backup RB.  QB's are a pretty big ? (Orton, Edwards).  Though Orton is playing in a pass happy offense with Josh McDaniels coming from the Patriots.

Redarmy76 - Amani Toomer as a 3rd WR doesn't spell success to me, but what do I know.  Haven't been a big Jamal Lewis guy since he screwed me to a last place fantasy finish a few years back.  But Ricky Williams could emerge off the bench.

CC's Gold Medals - Pretty solid team overall (Brees, Bowe, Welker, D. Avery, Westbrook, J. Stewart).  Really no weaknesses that I can see.  A few potential injury concerns (Westbrook, D. Avery).  But if his players can stay healthy I really like that team.  This team was also autodrafted.  Maybe that's the trick, don't show up to the draft. 

FlashFlood - Another autodrafted team that looks pretty solid (Romo, Slaton, Gore).  Though the WR's are a bit questionable due to holdouts, off years, etc. (B. Marshall, B. Edwards, L. Evans).  Kellen Winslow is another injury concern at TE.

I'm gonna say I like CC's team the best right now.  Of course that could all change very quickly.  As you said sandman, the teams all look pretty even.  There's not a huge disparity one way or another.  It could come down to team management, as it often does.  Gotta stay up on injuries, bye weeks, etc.  That's the true test.  You could have the best team on draft day but if you don't make the necessary moves you aren't going very far unless everything goes to plan, and that never happens in football.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2009, 09:11:06 PM »

Nice synopsis Faldor...but let me try and explain my team that looks pretty shitty right now!  I'm banking on Westbrook getting hurt in Philly.  I really think McCoy can put up stud numbers if BW goes down...I also expect Mendenhall to steal the goal-line carries (as well as at least 30% of all steeler carries initially, with that getting closer to 50% as the season wears on Willie P.) 

Granted, my 3rd wr is risky...but who the fuck is Cutler going to throw td's to anyway?  He'll probably spread them around, and hopefully Bennett gives me 60 yards/week with an occasional touchdown catch.

I really think Favre will light it up in Minnesota...it's fun having your favorite team's quarterback on your fantasy team, ya know?

btw, did I mention drafting 11th blows?HuhHuhHuh?   Smiley

one more thing, Sandman, nice draft...I'm still pissed about Yahoo kicking me off last year right when I was going to pick Chris Johnson.  Good luck this season.  beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2009, 09:32:51 PM »

My season rests on Kyle Orton and that is FUCKING SCARY

I got myself finishing about 5-8.................. unless Lendale can have another HUGE season. Losing 30 pounds makes me believe he will. Besides with Kerry Collins and Nate Washington as your number 1, There should be plenty to go around for Chris and Lendale.

Lendale will get those inside the 5 carries.

Kyle was shitty his first preseason game but he looked damn good in the last one and that was without Brandon Marshall.

I've also been following Chad Johnson on Twitter and UStream, and I believe he will have a fantastic season.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2009, 05:05:39 PM »

Hey, do I get bonus points for my quarterback taking out defenders' knees?   hihi

Might I add...a man after my own (Jessica Alba's) heart:
http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/football/story/9930364/Johnson-&-Fitzgerald:-A-matter-of-trust

I wish I was as sold on it as he is!  Warner and Schaub are a tweaked hip and ankle away from horrendous back-ups who can't throw worth shit.  I wish I had a top-5 draft pick.  Oh well, we'll see what happens.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:49:39 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2009, 07:41:49 PM »

I've got a draft tonight and have the number one pick, AKA Adrian Peterson.  I go from drafting 14th in our league to 1st tonight.  Can't get any further apart.  However, I'll still have back to back picks and 20+ picks in between turns.  That, I hate.  But I can't complain too much, with AP on board.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2009, 03:28:15 PM »

I can't believe I squeaked out with a win this week. My entire team sucked. My TE and DEF were my highest scorers.

I'm now looking to trade for a WR, though. I have no depth at that position, and now Anthony Gonzalez is likely out several weeks. I have good depth at RB (Steven Jackson, Ronnie Brown, Derrick Ward, Cedric Benson, Mike Bell). If anyone's interested, shoot me a trade.

(D, I already sent one your way.)

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2009, 04:34:14 PM »

Cant do chad for Ward

Lendale should do fine after this week

only one i'd consider would be Lendale and Chad for S. Jackson

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2009, 07:55:20 AM »

I'm surprised I'm 2-0. I scored the second fewest points in week one. And I figured I'd lose this past weekend, but thankfully Schaub and Ronnie Brown decided to show up.

Anyways, I wanted some thoughts on a possible trade I'm doing in my annual friends' league. I've started 0-2, mostly due to bad luck. Two weeks in a row I've played the team that scored the most points. Maybe I'm overreacting, but my friend and I are about to trade half our team to each other.

Here's what I'm giving up:

McNabb
Ryan Grant
Reggie Wayne
Jason Witten
Mike Bell

For:

Matt Schaub
Darren McFadden
Randy Moss
Visanthe Shiancoe
Donnie Avery

I think it's pretty even. McNabb is certainly a better QB than Schaub, but he's got the rib injury. He'll probably miss a couple more games, and even when he does return, I'm worried he won't be able to play like his usual self for awhile. Schaub had a huge day this past weekend, and I was high on him going into the season. Grant and McFadden are about equal, imo; I'd probably give the slight nod to Grant, just because he gets more carries. Wayne and Moss are also close. The Patriots clearly aren't the offense they were two years ago, but Moss is still one of the best fantasy WRs. And I'm worried than Wayne will have a harder time with Gonzalez out for the next few weeks; he'll have nobody to help take pressure off of him. Witten is far better than Shiancoe; I probably won't even keep Shiancoe. Celek and Heap are both available on the waiver wire. And Mike Bell for Avery is difficult to judge. Bell has been good so far, but I don't think he'll continue to produce. Thomas will start to get more carries. Avery has sucked so far, but he put up pretty solid numbers last year. I'm trusting he'll return to that.

Anyways, before it officially goes down, I just want some outsiders' opinions on this. Player-by-player basis I think my friend has a slight advantage, but I desperately need a QB for now. (I started Kyle Orton this past week.)

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2009, 11:51:50 AM »

That deal is fine except for the TE exchange, that tips the scales in his favor.  I agree with your analysis everywhere else, but giving up Witten who basically puts up WR numbers would be tough for me to do in that deal.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2009, 01:01:38 PM »

gilee - IMO, it's a bad deal for you. i don't see any clear advantage your way. the only one you can even argue is moss over wayne, but even that is risky.

i actually like grant alot more than mcfadden.

and obviously you are giving up a world class TE for nothing.

personally, i would ride out your 2-0 record for a couple weeks, and pick up a QB in mcnabb's absence. i think he'll be back in 3 weeks right after their bye.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2009, 05:24:50 PM »

HAHA in my money league I scored 124 pts and lost

This league, I score 70 and win

fuckin crazy

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2009, 08:36:51 AM »

Need some advice.  In one of my other leagues I've got some injury concerns and need to scramble.  Hopefully Wes Welker gets back on the field.  It's not looking good for Kevin Smith right now.  So as of now I'm planning on starting Welker and sitting Smith, but that could change by Sunday.  So, IF that stays true, I'd need to start 2 of the following 3 guys as a RB and RB/WR.

Jerome Harrison - With Jamal Lewis hobbled, he's THE starter in Cleveland and he ran the ball pretty well against a tough Raven defense last week 16 carries for 52 yards and 5 catches for 33.  BUT, Cleveland is a terrible team so a big game isn't likely.  They play home against Cincy this week.

Ricky Williams - Has looked solid this year, but remains the backup to Ronnie Brown.  And with Chad Pennington out that could mean more touches for the RB's.  That could be a good thing.  But overall I think the loss of Pennington weakens the offense overall.  They're home against Buffalo this week.

Pierre Garcon - Indy is a much more explosive offense and Garcon probably has the highest ceiling of my 3 options.  He's made big plays and has scored in each game since Gonzalez got hurt and he became the #2 WR.  The only problem is, he isn't targeted much.  Wayne and Clark are the main options in the passing game.  He only has 7 catches on the year, and only 4 in the last 2 games.  BUT, he obviously made the most of those 4 receptions.  They're home against Seattle this week.

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2009, 08:16:16 PM »

Need some advice.  In one of my other leagues I've got some injury concerns and need to scramble.  Hopefully Wes Welker gets back on the field.  It's not looking good for Kevin Smith right now.  So as of now I'm planning on starting Welker and sitting Smith, but that could change by Sunday.  So, IF that stays true, I'd need to start 2 of the following 3 guys as a RB and RB/WR.

Jerome Harrison - With Jamal Lewis hobbled, he's THE starter in Cleveland and he ran the ball pretty well against a tough Raven defense last week 16 carries for 52 yards and 5 catches for 33.  BUT, Cleveland is a terrible team so a big game isn't likely.  They play home against Cincy this week.

Ricky Williams - Has looked solid this year, but remains the backup to Ronnie Brown.  And with Chad Pennington out that could mean more touches for the RB's.  That could be a good thing.  But overall I think the loss of Pennington weakens the offense overall.  They're home against Buffalo this week.

Pierre Garcon - Indy is a much more explosive offense and Garcon probably has the highest ceiling of my 3 options.  He's made big plays and has scored in each game since Gonzalez got hurt and he became the #2 WR.  The only problem is, he isn't targeted much.  Wayne and Clark are the main options in the passing game.  He only has 7 catches on the year, and only 4 in the last 2 games.  BUT, he obviously made the most of those 4 receptions.  They're home against Seattle this week.

Garcon, easily.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2009, 11:01:33 PM »

Tough call.  If Jamal Lewis is out, I'd lean Harrison.  If they look like they're gonna split carries, I'd go Garcon.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2009, 12:05:28 AM »

Tough call.  If Jamal Lewis is out, I'd lean Harrison.  If they look like they're gonna split carries, I'd go Garcon.
I need to start 2 of the 3.  Since Garcon AND Harrison were mentioned, I guess Williams would be the odd man out?

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2009, 08:30:19 PM »

I need to start 2 of the 3.  Since Garcon AND Harrison were mentioned, I guess Williams would be the odd man out?

Harrison's a stone cold lock.  Lewis is doubtful and Davis questionable.  That equals probably 2/3 of the carries.
I like Garcon's potential at home as well.

Sorry Ricky!   Grin

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2009, 01:06:21 AM »

Harrison's a stone cold lock.  Lewis is doubtful and Davis questionable.  That equals probably 2/3 of the carries.
I like Garcon's potential at home as well.

Sorry Ricky!   Grin
Yeah that's what I figured.  Thanks for the confirmation.  Though I can't say I'm thrilled with Harrison's prospects.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2009, 10:42:39 AM »

I've got some options for the RB/WR slot.  Who to start?

Lance Moore - @ Miami (6-78-1 last week)
Jamal Lewis - GB (inconsistent.  good week 2 weeks ago, bad week last week against tough Pitt D)
Pierre Garcon - @ St. Louis (either hits big play or doesn't give you much)
Roy Williams - Atl (coming back from injury, what will role be with emergence of Miles Austin?)

Right now I've got Moore in there, hoping he'll build off of last week.  My opponent has Brees, if that factors in at all.  I could hope that he throws to Moore, which would negate points against me, but obviously he's got a lot more options to choose from.  Not sure that should be a reason to start/sit someone though.  I'm just thinking he's the best option at getting the most points.

Any thoughts?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2009, 01:04:13 PM »

My team has been the biggest fraud in our fantasy league. I have won 3 games scoring 70 or lower! hihi hihi hihi hihi

In my money league, I am 1-5 but am averaging over 120 a game. Just horrible scheduling and McNabb getting injured killed me. I should easily be 5-1 right now, but I've seemed to get every game against the person who has the guy come out of nowhere.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: