Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:15:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  "Do you know where the beep you are?!?!?"
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Do you know where the beep you are?!?!?"  (Read 14092 times)
Bumblefeet
Rocker

"The fuckin fighting Irish"-Axl 9/6/06

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 05:15:46 PM »

no way!!!! i would have thought the same a few monhts ago but this summer, when i was after waitin for years to see gnr and quein all day long to see them i changed my mind!! when i herd wttj i nearly cried!!!!!!!!!! it is a deadly intro!

Oh My God, you can't deny this...it's fuckin coming!!!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 05:18:07 PM »

Any uptempo song could make a good opener, but not as many might have that overall crowd appeal as Jungle.

Checkmate!

Here today...ready to rock
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 05:21:37 PM »

The new version of Chinese Democracy seems like the ideal opening track to me...

SG
Kov
1-800 UNBELIEVABLE
Headliner

gunsnroses.hu chinesedemocracy.com

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 05:23:42 PM »

BTW, Welcome to the Jungle is an awesome opener... Seems to be cliche from behind the computer, but after a 3 hour delay in Budapest, when they had shut down all the lights, played that intro tape for 12 minutes, and everyone was standing like this  drool h?pnotized, and then, when we least expected it, dadadadadadaaang... And everybody started screaming... It was fucking brilliant. I could have cried.  ok

HTGTH policy:

*poof*
Gone.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2006, 05:35:44 PM »

personally WTTJ is the perfect opener.
Also could start with:
Nightrain
Sweet Child
You Could Be Mine
It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone

personally i dont think its the right time to start with a new song, atleast not untill after the album comes out

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 06:50:24 AM »

just like slash 666 said, a new song as an opener would be a wrong idea until the album is out.

but i think the opener should be rotating between shows. i think that after the intro ends it would be insane to hear the sweet child opening. people would go insane

Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2006, 07:42:02 AM »

Rocket Queen...

"...It don't really matter..."
TheMole
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2006, 05:26:26 AM »

personally WTTJ is the perfect opener.
Also could start with:
Nightrain
Sweet Child
You Could Be Mine
It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone

personally i dont think its the right time to start with a new song, atleast not untill after the album comes out

Nightrain for the whistle, sweet child for the massive signature riff, you could be mine for the instantly recognisable drums, It's so easy for the thundering bass intro. Mr. Brownstone is debatable, but it does have a very recognisable opening sound.

An opener for a big, GNR type band should be instantaniously recognised by the whole crowd, to create that "yes, this is really happening" feeling. It should send a surge of energy through every single person in the audience, and you can't do that with a new song, no matter how hard it rocks.

As for CD being a great opener when the album finaly has been released, I can see where people are comming from when they say this. At the very least, it starts with what could be a very recognizable riff. The flow and tempo of the song just doesn't cut it, it's an OK song, but nothing groundbraking or earth shathering. The initial kick in the balls that the guitar riff might provide will be drowned out by the less than stimulating tempo. None of the new songs have that "opener" quality. They have other qualities, but aren't "short fused" enough...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: