Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:47:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Record price estimates
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Record price estimates  (Read 7931 times)
wadey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 04:44:56 PM »

there was actually over 10 people watching it , i listed it about a month before but someone put one in an auction and it made ?175 so i pulled it off when i saw the other one then relisted it , i knew it would sell , couple of massive spender out there at the moment , its getting a nightmare to buy stuff for a reasonable price , ive been after a spaghetti incident cast iron cd holder which is limited to 1000 , look how much this one went for http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200713527016    shocking !!!!  another one went for 250 euros but one did go in usa for ?22 but the seller did open the listing for uk bidders and had listed it poorly ! gutted

most of my bargains come from poorly listed items, if i see a poorly listed item on the cheap i'll snap it up even if i have it already just in case its in better condition, if not i'll list it properly and make some on it

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
_shaggy_
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 05:12:27 AM »

there are loads more new collectors in the GnR market

how come? I know you probably don't have the answer but it just seems strange considering GNR don't do much in the way of releasing new music/generating hype. Why have they all just started buying stuff now? I could understand if a new album had come out and generated lots of interest but meh.... Huh

yeah, good question.  I am trying to figure this out myself just to come up with a baseline of how much I should insure my collection for.  Do you have a link to your RHCP site?

Yeah, I've sent you the link in a PM. It's not public at the moment so it can only be accessed via a link.

If you've bought a lot on ebay then it might be worth browsing through the old paypal receipts in your email to get a figure although with a collection like yours I'd be afraid to look lol  nervous

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200713527016    shocking !!!!  another one went for 250 euros

Shocked WTF?? how much do you reckon that's actually worth then?

if i see a poorly listed item on the cheap i'll snap it up even if i have it already just in case its in better condition, if not i'll list it properly and make some on it

how long do you wait until you list it properly? or do you do it straight away?

Dang, I wish the RHCP market was like this....
wadey
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 06:35:57 AM »

how come? I know you probably don't have the answer but it just seems strange considering GNR don't do much in the way of releasing new music/generating hype. Why have they all just started buying stuff now? I could understand if a new album had come out and generated lots of interest but meh.... Huh

if i see a poorly listed item on the cheap i'll snap it up even if i have it already just in case its in better condition, if not i'll list it properly and make some on it

cant give you a definate answer for the new collectors, but it could be the younger fans just starting out their collection or maybe existing fans addicted to ebay etc

it depends what the item is and how the market stands for that particular item.
if its high end and guaranteed profit then i will relist almost straight away, something less value i'll wait until the market improves for that item.. i generally troll the completed listings as a general guide though
i always have duplicates in my collection and relist when the market is hot for that item

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
littlehon
Opening Act

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 03:18:05 PM »

yeah, good question.  I am trying to figure this out myself just to come up with a baseline of how much I should insure my collection for.  Do you have a link to your RHCP site?

Yeah, I've sent you the link in a PM. It's not public at the moment so it can only be accessed via a link.

If you've bought a lot on ebay then it might be worth browsing through the old paypal receipts in your email to get a figure although with a collection like yours I'd be afraid to look lol  nervous

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200713527016    shocking !!!!  another one went for 250 euros

Shocked WTF?? how much do you reckon that's actually worth then?

i would say around ?80-120 if im honest , although they are limited to 1000 and dont come around to often so with new collector in the market you will see the price going very high !!!

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: