Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:17:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  ③DEMOCRACY IN JAPAN 2009
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ③DEMOCRACY IN JAPAN 2009  (Read 46382 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2010, 08:05:46 AM »

Has anyone heard anything more about that proper pro-shot footage of about 21 seconds of Jungle?

Now that would be quite a dvd.... drool

Altho I'm going to be more than happy with this Osaka dvd with the better audio spilced in.  Smiley

JALP!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2010, 08:52:33 AM »

About the pro-shot footage, it was from a Japanese news site.

In many venues, with the artists approval, some media (TV channels, newspapers, etc.) can stay for the first 3 songs of any show and film and/ or take pictures (pro). They're in the area between the crowd and the stage. I know this because my ex-wife was journalist and she covered a few shows like this, including one by Ben Harper where I've been to (but no GN'R).
I bet this news site has the first 3 songs of the GN'R show in this quality, which should be Jungle, Chinese Democracy and It's So Easy.

About the DVD, we'll see in a few days how it will work out with the sync and all.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:54:43 AM by Will » Logged

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »

actually it was part of screenshot bootleg, not real proshot.

suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2010, 09:45:34 AM »

I think will and Chinese...good choice are talking about the proshot clip shown on tv locally in japan.
and yes there was a tv crew at tokyo dome.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2010, 10:08:42 AM »

Has anyone heard anything more about that proper pro-shot footage of about 21 seconds of Jungle?
as I said above, it's actually a screenshot. all that exists is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aqXuJYOf5s (2minutes, 22secs)

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2010, 10:47:07 AM »

as I said above, it's actually a screenshot.

Local TVs in Japan shown footage from an audience screenshot, even though they could film the beginning of the show themselves? It could happen actually but anyway lol. It doesn't change the fact that most media can film and take pics during the first 3 songs at most shows (depending on the artist and venue).

The point anyway is not really if it's a screenshot or pro-shot or whatever. I think the point was, will it be available for fans to watch? I don't think so. Local TVs in Osaka and Tokyo must have some footage but it's really rare when they share such footage (or just some excerpts like it happened in Taipei).

suntorytime, did you record what they broadcasted on local TVs there? Could you upload it? Wink
zombux, about the link you posted, I'm wondering, why is the guy talking about a Jan. release? Is he talking about the bootlegs? It sounds likely I guess. Smiley

suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2010, 10:52:44 AM »

No i didn't watch it. because #1 I don't live in fin kanagawa. #2 the vj is a diehard slashlite always talks shits about axl.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2010, 11:24:10 AM »

as I said above, it's actually a screenshot. all that exists is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aqXuJYOf5s (2minutes, 22secs)

how do you know that the clip is a screenshot? the jungle / cd clips look perfectly pro-shot, zero shaking, crystal clear definition... and do you really think a japanese TV program will use ''amateur recordings'' to broadcast?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2010, 11:27:55 AM »

It's a Pro-Shot. Was broadcasted on Japanese TV.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2010, 12:33:30 PM »

It is proshot and has soundboard audio. Bitrate sucks, but it's still a proshot.

Christian
VIP

« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2010, 01:03:53 PM »

actually it was part of screenshot bootleg, not real proshot.
IT's proshot, dude. It has the SAME footages of the screenshot, but it's a soundboard recording.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2010, 05:34:22 AM »

as you can see, here's complete jungle of that "proshot" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jbJaX3uC30 - if you check the user's videos, you can see the rest of vids. now, who still thinks this is a proshot? Roll Eyes

RaspAxl
Rocker

우유빛깔액슬로즈

« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2010, 05:56:52 AM »

as you can see, here's complete jungle of that "proshot" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jbJaX3uC30 - if you check the user's videos, you can see the rest of vids. now, who still thinks this is a proshot? Roll Eyes

That video is from the boot 'Democracy at Osaka' released by Sylph Record. And Yes, it's a audience shot.
But 20 secs clips of WTTJ people talkin' about is definitely proshot with soundboard recording. It's not from same source with that.

gimme some Rasp, Axl!!
http://blog.daum.net/raspaxl
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2010, 06:06:14 AM »

Thats not the clip i was talking about

this one is pro shot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leQ_sZ4VlXQ&feature=related

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
RaspAxl
Rocker

우유빛깔액슬로즈

« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2010, 06:15:54 AM »

Thats not the clip i was talking about

this one is pro shot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leQ_sZ4VlXQ&feature=related

You're right. And http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSZ68UvkCY0 this is 20 secs clip I was talking about and those are both proshot.
20 sec clip was on the web a week earlier than that CD+Jungle footage.

gimme some Rasp, Axl!!
http://blog.daum.net/raspaxl
zombux
Legend

« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2010, 01:57:43 PM »

so, if I get it correctly, the short 2 proshot clips are the exact footage as projected on the screen, and this DVD is capturing it too.

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2010, 02:53:01 PM »

so, if I get it correctly, the short 2 proshot clips are the exact footage as projected on the screen, and this DVD is capturing it too.

And since it was the DVD was filmed from the screen, it's a screen shot. I don't see how hard this is understand, we got two minutes or so of proshot, and a DVD of screen shot en route. Just because some one filmed the screen does not make it a pro shot.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2010, 02:55:47 PM »

And since it was the DVD was filmed from the screen, it's a screen shot. I don't see how hard this is understand, we got two minutes or so of proshot, and a DVD of screen shot en route. Just because some one filmed the screen does not make it a pro shot.

take it easy, I'm just trying to figure out what exactly is surfacing Wink

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2010, 02:58:38 PM »

Yes, the DVDR will be the screenshot. Japanese media do have the first few songs in real pro-shot though (at least the first 3 songs I think), but I don't think they have the whole show.
So for now the fans will see the screenshot, we'll probably have to edit the sound though.

zombux
Legend

« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2010, 03:02:18 PM »

still it's odd to me. screens are usually different from proshot video. I mean some more art etc, not just the band. media usually get first 3 songs or so at GNR shows, so they can record their clips and take photos, but I don't remember similar screenshot-proshot situation during the last 10 years of GNR... or is my memory totally wrong?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: