Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:15:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227924 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Saw VR for the first time.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saw VR for the first time.  (Read 1195 times)
Jack49
Opening Act

Use Your Illusion

« on: December 09, 2004, 09:20:50 PM »

Hello all.   Last night I saw VR live and it was the first time Id seen any GnR members live, it was a great show.   Very good live band.   The energy the band played with was great.

One thing I find intersting is how Weiland is doing the whole glam thing with the makeup ect. yet he was in one of the bands that was so anti-glam back in the day.   He was so flannel and grunge and now hes all tight pants and glam..  Amazing how things come back in style in rock. 
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 11:16:29 PM »

One thing I find intersting is how Weiland is doing the whole glam thing with the makeup ect. yet he was in one of the bands that was so anti-glam back in the day.? ?He was so flannel and grunge and now hes all tight pants and glam..? Amazing how things come back in style in rock.?

Watch the video for "Big Bang Baby" from 1996.  Hes the one wearing black eyeliner and lime green pants.  Im not so sure STP was ever really into the "flannel and grunge" thing.  Wearing a pink feather boa and kissing your bandmates isnt what I consider anti-glam (video for "Interstate Love Song").  Scott certainly dressed conventionally more often back then, but going back to the beginning, you can always find examples of glam-style flamboyance.  And he was far more glam/flamboyant toward the end of STPs run than he is now.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 05:00:14 PM »

i saw a pic of him dressed as a women in, toilet role magazine a.k.a kerrang!. hihi

html sucks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: