Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:11:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  What if...?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What if...?  (Read 9385 times)
Elrothiel
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 04:55:52 PM »

Who da fuck are you, skynny girl? I'm just giving food for thought and it looks like you're starving!

Who am I? Not "Skynny Girl". That's SKYNYRD Girl if you please. hihi Cool

And that attempt at an insult really was silly. If you're gunna insult someone, don't do it in simple riddles, just fucking do it!!

And the point of this thread was not to name a whole load of other grunge bands from Seattle. Yes we all know those bands exist, you don't need to point them out.

The actual point of this thread was to discuss what the rock world would be like IF the whole grunge thing never happened... that means if NO grunge band existed... ever. (yes I know I started off saying "what if Nirvana never existed?" but I changed it later on in the post).
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 04:59:30 PM »

We would be out of some great music.... Undecided

The 80's rock scene was doomed...it got to big and bloated...some other dirty rocker woulda came and taken us away...either that or we'd all be listening to Rap and Pop nervous confused nervous

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 05:31:18 PM »

But they did exist you ignorant slut.  If those bands didn't exist then those of us with any taste at all would have missed out on some wonderful music.  So this thread is as irrelevant as most of your other posts and thoughts in general.
Elrothiel
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 05:42:15 PM »

Yes I KNOW they existed you thread-ruining cunt!!

But that wasn't the fucking point of this fucking thread!!

Thanks a fucking bunch you moronic insular fuckhead, you've just succeeded in destroying a perfectly decent thread.

rant

Now get the fuck out of my thread! Leave it to people who AREN'T going to start fucking pointless cuntish arguments!!
Eric
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 06:04:12 PM »

I think Nirvana influenced music as well as pop culture-movies-Pulp Fiction, Clerks, and so on in the early 90's. I think alternative music still would have taken over, even without Nirvana-it was just a change music goes through-MTV also had a huge influence over what was played, what sold-once Nirvana hit, MTV wanted nothing to do with hair metal, glam-every record company then wanted the next Nirvana, or they signed any band that came from Seattle-I'm not sure if all this would have happened or not if Nirvana would have existed-don't forget Hanson and the Spice Girls were soon all over MTV, followed by the boy bands of '99-that it a tough and good question, though-it's funny, also how Spin magazine, Rolling Stone soon made fun of Poison, Motley Crue, and so on when they weren't selling records in the 90's-I like Smashing Pumpkins, but soon their record sales sank-same with Courtney Love, Spin Doctors, and so on-I loved Nirvana, love a lot of alternative, but I never liked the way the media and some bands of that era thought they were the greatest thing ever-GNR kind of got lumped in as a band of excess-the opposite of Nirvana-what a lot of grunge bands and atlernative bands forgot about was putting in a great performance and writing great music-but they gave me some great moments.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 06:14:18 PM »

You really need to get a life.  Your thread?  You must have nothing going for you if you have to get so defensive about a thread.  Your language truly shows just how ignorant you are.  I feel sorry for you, chickenhead.
Elrothiel
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 06:31:44 PM »

Ugh don't give me your pity!

I think you need to get yourself a life if you feel the need to attack other members of the board.

And my life is none of your business. Think what you like. At the end of the day you're just a bunch of words on a screen.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2006, 06:42:07 PM »

How about, you ignore him Elrothiel,

and gilld1, you go away.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Elrothiel
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2006, 06:49:05 PM »

Jim, I'm doing my best to ignore him, but its hard to ignore when I'm getting called an "ignorant slut" and "irrelevant".

And please don't call me that. I think I've asked you about 3 times now.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2006, 06:50:52 PM »

It's been more than three, hasn't it?

See, I was under that impression that you were an ignorant slut, and that you pretty much were irrelevant.

But, seeing as you're not, how's this:

You ignore him, and if he posts off topic again then his posts will be removed, somehow. Otherwise, take it to PM's. Otherwise... I'll just close this thread.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Eric
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2006, 06:51:25 PM »

SkynyrdGirl, I think alternative music still would have happened without Nirvana-grunge might not have-I'm a huge REM fan, and they broke big in '91 with Out of Time-I still think that might have happened without Nirvana, but Nirvana influenced a lot of rock bands, in that genre, if that makes any sense-I think Nirvana will always be associated with that-it would have been different if they never existed-how different, I'm not sure-I know you suddenlt had Motley Crue stripping things down, going with a simple stage set, very different than what they are touring with this year-they are a perfect example of what happened to rock because of Nirvana, whether or not they will admit it-MTV used to show a clip of Tommy Lee in 1989 or 1990 saying they need someone to come and change everything, to start something new, and then the clip goes right to Smells Like Teen Spirit.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2006, 07:57:27 PM »

Ohkie... everyone's always goin' on about Nirvana and how they "saved" rock n' roll. Roll Eyes

Well... how bout this for a what if question!!!

WHAT IF NIRVANA NEVER EXISTED!!!?

What would the rock world be like?

Post your thoughts here, and don't say somethin' silly like "Well if Nirvana didn't come along, then some OTHER band woulda done exactly the same thing"

OK.. lets change it slightly then... What if the entire "grunge" movement never happened?

beer

honestly i really don't care for grunge at all. i mean, nirvana's alright i geuss but bands like stained and shit i never did get into.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2006, 08:18:30 PM »

Ok, how's this for on topic?  If grunge never existed then Poison would still be selling out stadiums, Slaughter would have finally been recognized for their true genious, GNR would have never imploded, Ratt n Roll would still be rockin', ACDC would still sound the same, Fasterpussycat would have had a number one song, Bon Jovi would be in the HOF, Def Leppard would still suck, Eddie Vedder would have been a pro surfer, Layne Stayley would be alive and begging for spare change in front of Starbucks, and Kurt would still be dead. 

It doesn't matter what the next big thing was gonna be because the Hair scene was dying a slow and painful death.
Eric
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »

Grunge and alternative were new, refreshing, different, powerful-hair metal was on it's way out-Bon Jovi has rebounded well. but those bands just seemed so out of place in the 90's-I'm still surprised Axl was such a big Nirvana fan, because the band went through that period when touring of having the backup singers, Teddy, and everything else-I hated when they did that, I don't care whose idea it was
MCT
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2006, 10:11:39 PM »

Wasn't Tweeg a Grunge?

EDIT - After a little research, half Grunge.. yes
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 10:26:24 PM by MCT » Logged
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2006, 10:47:17 PM »

Grunge damn near killed off rock. That's why rap is so big, they actually embrace stardom.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Goldie
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2006, 05:50:29 AM »

I think grunge was the death of Metal. Yes, the hair "ballad rock" Winger pussy shit was getting way out of hand. However, we still could enjoy hearing AC/DC, Kiss, Metallica, and GUNS N' ROSES on the radio and all metal bands were inspired to keep producing music because there was a market for it. Now bands like Megadeath can release an album and no one knows. Radio stations won't play it, stores don't promote them, MTV won't show a video (of course MTV only shows videos with black bootie shaking in it. Maybe Axl should put out a video that has nothing but Beyonce's bare ass!)
I respect the Grunge scene because music always needs a fresh coat of paint. However, because of Grunge we're delivering flowers to the graves of Metal.? Cry
Now, like in sweet revenge, Pearl Jam has released a new album and I've only heard the new song once on the radio. Grunge is now dead. Thank you. Let's move on.

speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2006, 06:14:54 AM »

Ohkie... everyone's always goin' on about Nirvana and how they "saved" rock n' roll. Roll Eyes

Post your thoughts here, and don't say somethin' silly like "Well if Nirvana didn't come along, then some OTHER band woulda done exactly the same thing"

OK.. lets change it slightly then... What if the entire "grunge" movement never happened?

beer

good post, skelly! um well let's see, if nirvana never existed we would never have some hyped-up "legend" who shot himself in the head and got too much respect for bashing real music and creating some sloppy tunes. i think that's about it.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Eric
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2006, 07:54:07 AM »

beer

good post, skelly! um well let's see, if nirvana never existed we would never have some hyped-up "legend" who shot himself in the head and got too much respect for bashing real music and creating some sloppy tunes. i think that's about it.

Members of GNR, both current and former, have lost friends through suicide and overdose through drug addiction-Axl was at one time a Nirvana fan (he wanted them to open for GNR, and wore a Nirvana hat and shirt)-and Slash is on record as calling them brilliant-hyped up legend?
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2006, 05:11:34 PM »

I say no difference. Neil  Young was the first to do grunge  anyway, so the world would not have changed without Nirvana.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: