Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 10:47:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227928 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  NIRVANA box set
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: NIRVANA box set  (Read 18691 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2004, 01:12:57 PM »

For all you people in USA, Bestbuy.com sells the box for $40.

It's $54 at Amazon.com.

And $84 (579SEK) here in Sweden.  crying

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2004, 04:47:13 PM »

Target's ad has the box listed as  $27.99.

Best Buy is going to be selling it for $36.99 including a $5 gift certificate. Anyone who has the Target ad can go to Best Buy and try to get then to pricematch.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2004, 01:41:10 AM »

"I Hate Myself and Want To Die" was originally on a Beavis and Butt-Head compilation album.  I wonder if the version of the song on the Nirvana box set is going to include the intro by Beavis and Butt-Head.  Probably not; they want to preserve the "mystique" of Nirvana.  Tongue

I think that the deification of Kurt as this musical god is exactly the sort of thing he had a distaste for...
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2004, 01:10:27 PM »

I think that the deification of Kurt as this musical god is exactly the sort of thing he had a distaste for...

Kurt Cobain wasn't a musical God don't be so ignorant. I can't believe some of you are actually buying this money-making scam, it's the kind of thing Lars Ulrich would sell.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2004, 06:06:27 PM »

Kurt Cobain wasn't a musical God don't be so ignorant. I can't believe some of you are actually buying this money-making scam, it's the kind of thing Lars Ulrich would sell.

Um...I didn't say he was a musical god.  I meant that it's the media who worships the guy.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2004, 06:49:14 PM »

So did anyone get this yet?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2004, 09:45:25 PM »

The Nirvana Box set is great.  So far the highlights for me is hearing Do Re Mi, it's the last song kurdt wrote. Many people I have talk to likes it cause close to a john lennon tune. I also like Rape Me kinda funny with Franic Bean crying in the background it defintely  changes the vibe for it. Also led zepplin heartbeaker has rough lyrics on the cd but it fucking shows that kurtd could play the guitar (not the greatest all time but), I here so many people claiming the guy can't play shit well he could.  Also the smells like teen spirit mix by butch vig is great too. The demos are good to hear too b/c the lyrics have been changed.

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2004, 10:49:26 AM »

Um...I didn't say he was a musical god.  I meant that it's the media who worships the guy.

Exactly. The media sucks.

...and he was a dick anyway.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
x axls rose x
Opening Act

Now and then, when I see his face...

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2004, 01:02:00 AM »

Um...I didn't say he was a musical god.? I meant that it's the media who worships the guy.

rant DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT AGAIN, YOU HEAR ME?HuhHuhHuhHuh YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT? ?rant What the hell did Kurt ever do to you, and how do you know he was a dick? Do you know anything about him? huh? I didn't think so. Stupid loser, go to Hell, and BURN.? rant

I'm Miss World

Somebody
          Kill
             Me...
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2004, 04:26:36 AM »

Um...I didn't say he was a musical god.? I meant that it's the media who worships the guy.

rant DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT AGAIN, YOU HEAR ME?HuhHuhHuhHuh YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT? ?rant What the hell did Kurt ever do to you, and how do you know he was a dick? Do you know anything about him? huh? I didn't think so. Stupid loser, go to Hell, and BURN.? rant

Well, I suppose that he could be referring to Kurt's alternative snobbiness - you know, the idea of deeming only certain people to be worthy to listen to your music and stuff.  Things like that, and spitting on Axl's piano - did I mention that Kurt considered the band that we're all here for "so unbelievably untalented, and yet they're the biggest rock band in the world...I can't believe it."

Doesn't really matter if he was a dick, though, because he did a lot of good tunes.  Besides, it's not like Axl is a saint either.
jgfnsr
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2004, 12:53:14 PM »

According to The Internet Nirvana Fan Club, a NIRVANA box set will be released on November 23, 2004. Consisting of three CDs and one DVD, the box set will contain "previously unreleased rarities and b-sides," including a total of over 50 unreleased recordings including Kurt Cobain's demos. The DVD, which will come with the first pressing only, will feature previously unseen footage and live performances. A 60-page booklet will also be included in the package.

50 unreleased recordings drool

://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=26479

...or I could just throw my money down the toilet.

Either way.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2004, 12:09:21 PM »

Bought it today for 66 ?, a fair price I guess. I haven't listened to a Nirvana recording for years, so this is pretty cool right now.

Either way.

This thread is obviously for you. Thanks for visiting, genius.  Roll Eyes

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
jgfnsr
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2004, 12:28:39 PM »

Either way.
This thread is obviously for you. Thanks for visiting, genius.? Roll Eyes

1. You're a Nirvana fan.

2. You think Stairway to Heaven is "mediocre and boring."

.....you're obviously the genius here.? ?Lips Sealed

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2004, 12:30:23 PM »

I wouldn't call myself a fan actually, but that's beside the point, much like everything you say.

...I am smart enough to stay out of threads that don't interest me, though. Perhaps once you grow up, you'll be able to do the same thing.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2005, 04:56:32 PM »

The last song on the dvd, their cover of 'seasons in the sun' is nice. anyone agree?

It's evolution, baby!
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2005, 02:37:38 AM »

good times, good times
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2005, 03:31:46 PM »

I bought it and only dislike one track from all the discs...And that is Beans.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2005, 03:12:28 AM »

Ill tell you how he was a dick. How about not playing Smells Like Teen Spirit because that was what almost all of the audience came to hear them play. What kind of asshole takes someone's hard earned cash and not deliver?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: