Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 03:36:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 317266 times)
winter_rose
Staremaster
Headliner

You?re one in a million

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2004, 02:29:32 PM »

The dates are also on Blabbermouth so they have to be pretty true although nothing has been announced on the official website.

There is also a full page ad in today's Kerrang magazine saying to watch Kerrang TV on October 27th "for details" so something is definately going on.

Can't fucking wait? Grin 2005 is going to be a good year

I got a thought that would be nice
I like to crush your head tight in my vice - PAIN!!!!!
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2004, 08:43:20 PM »

From Metal-Sludge.com:

M?TLEY CR?E COMING HOME SWEET HOME?

M?tley Cr?e is really back! Mick Mars just got a new hip, Vince Neil just got lipo and a new hair style, Nikki Sixx got BOD out of his system, and Tommy Lee has gone back to college. This all makes perfect sense, right?

Some folks are starting rumors that Tommy is doing this whole 'school thing' for a reality show for NBC. But we beg to differ.

The new 'hot' rumor is that he's learning to speak English all over again! Kind of how you'd expect a long haired white rock drummer to speak, yo.

All of this seems to be going down just in time for a M?tley Cr?e reunion tour. Either that, or it's for Micks 75th birthday party. Check out this videoclip by clicking the following link:

http://www.concerts.com/tour/Holding_files/MotleyCrue%20US%20Clean%20Ver.mpg

That pretty much says it all.

We also found the following scan (posted on our Gossip Board by jizzyjizim) of a similar teaser ad, which was printed in the latest edition of Kerrang.

So it looks like the word is getting out there around the globe.

Look for more from the Cr?e in 2005!

Metal Sludge
Kick Startin' the Sludge
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2004, 02:30:10 AM »

Dr. Feelgood was their best album, no question.....a classic. If you must own a Motley CD, get this one.

I'm more keen on Shout at the Devil. Now that's a classic.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2004, 04:02:54 PM »

Dr. Feelgood was their best album, no question.....a classic. If you must own a Motley CD, get this one.

I'm more keen on Shout at the Devil. Now that's a classic.

I don't know, out of the three Motley albums I own, I like Too Fast For Love the best.  Classic album, and rawer than a lot of their later stuff.  Theatre of Pain and Feelgood are both great albums, too, although for some reason I like TOP a bit more.  Probably because I like the more intellectual lyrics on some of the songs, and it has a less polished feel.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2004, 01:56:45 AM »

I still think Dr. Feelgood was the best, they were sober, all the songs rocked....All the rest up to that point had a lot of really bad songs on them (even by the Crue's own admission)....Girls, Girls, Girls and Theatre of Pain were especially ruined by drugs....Girls, Girls, Girls, Wild Side, Smoking in the Boys Room and Home Sweet Home off those albums saved their careers.......While "You're All I Need" is a great tune, it never comes up when people talk about Motey Crue.....

A lot of people feel Motley Crue or even Genteration Swine were their best albums, but I still don't like either. New Tattoo was pretty than Swine, but New Tattoo seriously suffered from not having Tommy Lee there. Nothing against Randy Costillio (sp), but Tommy Lee made Motley Crue. Dr. Feelgood really shows how important he was to that band.

I have all the Crue albums, except for Decade of Decadence and a couple of other special albums they released, but Dr. Feelgood stands out as my favorite. Since my friend still has my copy of it, somewhere, I have a burned CD of Crue to listen to.....

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2004, 03:17:45 PM »

Good to see you like Theatre of Pain Mattman, so many people knock it but it's a damn good album ok  Even though my fave songs are on Dr. Feelgood there are also a few i dislike, while Shout At The Devil i love from start to finish.  She Goes Down, Sticky Sweet, Rattlesnake Shake & Slice of Your Pie were all songs i liked but now i feel they are just well...crap.

Here's some news from knac.com:

Ex-Motley Manager's Widow Cashes In

Former Motley Crue Manager Allan Coffman's widow, Barbara Coffman, has put up for auction an early collection of Motley materials including items such as hand written lyrics, posters, handbills, photos, paper goods, signed contracts and documents, pins, vinyl, tapes, video dubs, reels, acetates, promotional goods, t-shirts, even original negatives and slides from the early Motley days.

Motley's Nikki Sixx had this to say about the auction, "They are assholes for selling that stuff..they tried to sell it to me for 10 k..and its my stuff..."
winter_rose
Staremaster
Headliner

You?re one in a million

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2004, 04:00:21 PM »

This is what Nikki posted on the Motley yesterday:

It's nice to hear that fans, bands, promoters and agents would like to see a Motley Crue tour. But right now I know Vince is booking tons of live shows, Tommy is busy promoting a book and doing his reality show and Mick is in rehabilitation after surgery (Who knows when and if he would feel up to it even if there was a tour) It takes four guys to do it. It hasn't happened since 1999<<<
All I know is all four of us haven't been in the same room in six years. In the world of Motley, id say >>don't hold your breath<<

p.s. Props to whoever made the tour ad i saw on the net.
maybe someday..
Nikki

Doesn't look like the tours going ahead? Cry or he could just be teasing us? yes - here's hoping

I got a thought that would be nice
I like to crush your head tight in my vice - PAIN!!!!!
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2004, 07:17:28 PM »

19 Oct 2004 Nikki Sixx has denied reports of the M?tley Cr?e reunion tour.

Despite the widespread media reports and published concert dates, M?tley Cr?e bassist Nikki Sixx has denied reports of the M?tley Cr?e reunion tour.

"It's nice to hear that fans, bands, promoters and agents would like to see a M?tley Cr?e tour. But right now I know Vince Neil is booking tons of live shows, Tommy Lee is busy promoting a book and doing his reality show and Mick Mars is in rehabilitation after surgery (Who knows when and if he would feel up to it even if there was a tour) It takes four guys to do it. It hasn't happened since 1999. All I know is all four of us haven't been in the same room in six years. In the world of M?tley, I'd say, 'Don't hold your breath."

However, Hammer has had conformation from the band's publicist that the tour is to go ahead and that the band have been compiling a greatest hits package, with one new track included. So much for not being in the same room together in six years!

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/article.asp?ID=8282&type=NWS

BTW, Shout At The Devil is their best album.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2004, 03:39:34 PM »

19 Oct 2004 Nikki Sixx has denied reports of the M?tley Cr?e reunion tour.

Despite the widespread media reports and published concert dates, M?tley Cr?e bassist Nikki Sixx has denied reports of the M?tley Cr?e reunion tour.

"It's nice to hear that fans, bands, promoters and agents would like to see a M?tley Cr?e tour. But right now I know Vince Neil is booking tons of live shows, Tommy Lee is busy promoting a book and doing his reality show and Mick Mars is in rehabilitation after surgery (Who knows when and if he would feel up to it even if there was a tour) It takes four guys to do it. It hasn't happened since 1999. All I know is all four of us haven't been in the same room in six years. In the world of M?tley, I'd say, 'Don't hold your breath."

However, Hammer has had conformation from the band's publicist that the tour is to go ahead and that the band have been compiling a greatest hits package, with one new track included. So much for not being in the same room together in six years!

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/article.asp?ID=8282&type=NWS

BTW, Shout At The Devil is their best album.

Nikki said there will NOT be a new greatest hits package. However they are trying to get a new album into production.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2004, 11:57:21 PM »

I've heard Nikki say with my own ears, he WANTS a reunion tour. I heard Vince say he doesn't want one, I've since heard Vince say it would be right.

As far as I know, they would like to do one, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2004, 11:22:38 AM »

I was just checking on Kerrang.com today just looking at the news and I came across this...

"Mystery" band to announce tour
25 October 2004 3.58pm

The band you thought you'd never see again are coming back. This major rock act are to announce details of a special tour at 9am on Wednesday November 24. See Kerrang.com for exclusive details!

Could this be guns? Well its a nice thought anyone else got any take on this.

EEEERRRR Little boy
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2004, 11:26:17 AM »

I would say U2...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2004, 11:28:50 AM »

I would say U2...

yea but u2 pops up every other year.. they're even on an ipod comercial.. i wouldnt call that "never seeing them again"

i've got my fingers crossed.. but then again.. its kerrang  hihi

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2004, 11:29:18 AM »

I would say Motley crew  Wink........

http://www.metal-sludge.tv/main/index.php?module=subjects&func=viewpage&pageid=784
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2004, 11:33:37 AM »

Good one, still hoping for Guns

EEEERRRR Little boy
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2004, 12:13:04 PM »

Read top of this pic...
Yeah so it's Motley Crew   hihi
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »

nah.. its definetly the crue.. see the video in that link..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2004, 12:21:14 PM »

oh well it was a nice thought lol

EEEERRRR Little boy
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2004, 12:43:58 PM »

I think its more like the band I hoped I would never see again.
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2004, 12:47:54 PM »

Nice one  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: