Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:27:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 317268 times)
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2004, 01:39:49 PM »

nah.. its definetly the crue.. see the video in that link..
That video is a fake, sorry.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Farmer
Opening Act

Dreams are basically, like, the farts of the mind

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2004, 05:49:53 PM »

Further on the page.....
Updated 10/18: Nikki responds!

Here's the latest statement from Nikki in response to all the talk about the reunion tour:

It's nice to hear that fans, bands, promoters and agents would like to see a Motley Crue tour. But right now I know Vince is booking tons of live shows, Tommy is busy promoting a book and doing his reality show and Mick is in rehabilitation after surgery (Who knows when and if he would feel up to it even if there was a tour) It takes four guys to do it. It hasn't happened since 1999. All I know is all four of us haven't been in the same room in six years. In the world of Motley, id say don't hold your breath

p.s. Props to whoever made the tour ad i saw on the net.
maybe someday..
Nikki

Hey Nikki,

We (Metal Sludge) made the ad for VH1 and paid for the ad in Kerrang too. We have nothing better to do this week, so we thought we'd stir the pot a bit to the tune of several grand. As for the "props," don't mention it.

P.S. We'll have your "Back-4-More" ready when you want to sling some Sludge. Hell, we'll even change the name of your interview to a "4-Skin" if you'd like! Anything to make Sixx happy.

But then again....
Updated 10/28: Kerrang hints at Cr?e reunion!

You can say anything you want and post it to the Web, but some people just won't believe anything until they see it in print. Well, Kerrang ran the following article in their October 30th edition:

http://www.metal-sludge.tv/main/modules/subjects/pages/MotleyReunionKerrang.jpg?POSTNUKESID=6047c35f7607dd767d0de4b43ede2ccb

Guess that means it's a legit rumor! Even though it's still officially a 'rumor.'

Oh, and a big Sludge hello and props to Kerrang, Nikki Sixx & M?tley Cr?e. But remember, the word 'Net' is defined as Metal Sludge. Next time... say it when you spray it, bitches!

And.....
Updated 10/30: Tracii Guns announces BOD touring bassist, and Vince Neil nearly causes riot in Canada!

First things first. The other day, bravewords.com posted an article about comments that Brides of Destruction's Tracii Guns made on his Web site, in which Tracii basically says they needed to get a replacement bassist for their 2005 tour since Nikki will 'supposedly' be touring with Motley. Here's the part where he says that:

"Well it seems that for the next year the Brides will be on hold while Nikki (Sixx, bass) goes into MOTLEY mode. (What's good for Motley is good for Brides we all hope). So, what do Scot (Coogan, drums), London (LeGrand, vocals) and I do for the next year? Well, I'll tell ya. We are gonna go tour and write more tunes for the next Brides album. Who's gonna play bass?? Well of course Stevo Bruno is gonna play bass.

"As we set out on our journey we will not be called the Brides Of Destruction. We will probably be called something like TRACII GUNS' COCKSTAR or THE STUPID FUCKS or something like that. So you'll be hearing some Brides tunes and some Guns hits and some other junk as well. For now this is the plan. As we all know plans can change but this is what we want to do."

So it's 75% (Ithink...) possibility that its MC. But what confuses me is the date. Why wait so long to announce this, if it is almost confirmed (at least how Metal Sludge describes it). I still believe (or want to, hehe hihi) that since we have November mentioned in connection with G&R, then it should be G&R. Say, announce their tour and coupla days later release the single...That would fit perfectly with the February CD release (God, I really really hope so)

Anyways.....I hope it WILL be G&R
Peace

Well, as you can see, being a fucking psycho basket-case like me does have it's advantages
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2004, 08:15:22 PM »

Just found this not sure whether it's been posted already:

According to the Bostonherald.com, AMERICAN HI-FI singer Stacy Jones has found himself cutting a record with his idols MOTLEY CRUE. Seems Jones, who sings and writes songs for the Boston-based quartet, penned a tune for Crue - who are planning to reunite and tour. But just imagine Stacy's surprise when Tommy Lee & Co. called and asked if he could sing the lead vocals on a demo because Vince Neil was unavailable! "He freaked out," said a pal. But two weeks ago, Jones flew out to the Left Coast and made beautiful music with Motley. "So Stacy cut the vocals while Nikki Sixx (bass) and Tommy Lee (drums) were playing," the band said in a message to fans. "Dreams come true."

Can't believe they got that dickhead to help out, next they'll be ringing up Fred Durst

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2004, 08:51:25 PM »

Hopefully Motley goes on tour with the original 4...ive never sen them and would love to..lets face it Vince needs to get back in shape though...would love to see em over in Canada though

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2004, 08:58:50 PM »

Hopefully Motley goes on tour with the original 4...ive never sen them and would love to..lets face it Vince needs to get back in shape though...would love to see em over in Canada though

dude that would rock. last time i checked vince had a broken leg though so that might be a reason for the delay

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2004, 12:15:59 AM »

im reading tommy's book now, its amazing! i would love to see motley crue live, i have never seen them and it would be great, but only the original 4. this is one case where no replacements will be accepted!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2004, 03:01:52 AM »

Vince is on tour right now, he's playing Cowboys in Calgary this month. I wish I had known sooner so I could enter to win tickets, 'cos I can't afford them, but by the time I found out about the contest, it was 30mins over.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2004, 12:14:34 PM »

According to Blabbermouth.net, Billboard.com is reporting that M?tley Cr?e are among the artists confirmed to appear at the 2004 Billboard Music Awards Dec. 8 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The event will be broadcast live on Fox. Other acts scheduled to appear are Alicia Keys, Duran Duran, Ashlee Simpson, Fantasia, Nick Lachey and Chingy.

Stevie Wonder will receive Billboard's Century Award, the magazine's highest honor for creative achievement. Finalists, additional performers and presenters and the show's host will be announced in the coming weeks.

The Billboard Music Awards honor the No. 1 artists and songs as determined by record sales and radio airplay. Winners are determined by the 2004 year-end charts, which will reflect the weekly Billboard charts published from December 2003 through November 2004.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2004, 04:07:11 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E are rumored to be planning a press conference on Monday, December 6 to announce a reunion tour by the group's original lineup: Vince Neil (vocals), Nikki Sixx (bass), Tommy Lee (drums) and Mick Mars (guitar). The press conference will reportedly be held in Los Angeles and will be followed by the band's appearance at the 2004 Billboard Music Awards on Dec. 8 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The event will be broadcast live on Fox.

A full-blown M?TLEY CR?E reunion trek is expected to kick off in the first quarter of 2005. The band hasn't toured with all four original members since 1999. A greatest-hits collection, featuring at least two new songs, is due in early 2005. A brand new studio CD is being discussed for a possible late 2005 release.

M?TLEY CR?E have already demoed at least four songs for inclusion on their "greatest hits" album and/or brand-new studio release, including "Black Roses", "Another Bad Day", "Entertain Us" and "Get Out". The material, which was recorded at studios in Los Angeles and Las Vegas (photo), is described by Sixx as "very M?TLEY sounding, I'd say 'Dr. Feelgood' meets 'Shout At the Devil'. It's true rock 'n' roll. Nothing more, nothing less."

Although the band have yet to confirm the report, Britain's Metal Hammer magazine revealed last month what it claims are the details of the band's upcoming U.K. tour in June 2005. Those dates are as follows:

Jun. 14 ? Glasgow, UK @ SECC
Jun. 15 - Manchester, UK @ MEN
Jun. 17 - Cardiff, UK @ Int'l Arena
Jun. 18 - Birmingham, UK @ NEC
Jun. 19 - Wembley, UK @ Arena

In addition to the previously announced "greatest hits" collection featuring one or two new songs (tentatively due in January 2005), M?TLEY CR?E are planning on releasing the first-ever DVD featuring the band's four original members, according to a document leaked to MelodicRock.com. The tentative release date for the DVD is July 2005. Plans also exist for an "all-star" tribute album to M?TLEY CR?E, with a target release date of September 2005. Also in the works is a soundtrack to "The Dirt", the forthcoming Paramount film based on the best-selling autobiography of M?TLEY CR?E.

The U.S. leg of M?TLEY CR?E's upcoming reunion tour, which will be officially announced at a press conference in Los Angeles on Monday, December 6, will take place in February/March 2005 and will cover the following cities:

Seattle, WA
Chicago, IL
Philadelphia, PA
Los Angeles, CA
Columbus, OH
Boston, MA
Las Vegas, NV
Nashville, TN
Houston, TX
Tampa, FL
St. Louis, MO
Charlotte, NC
Portland, OR
Detroit, MI
New York, NY
San Diego, CA
Cleveland, OH
Denver, CO
New Orleans, LA
San Antonio, TX
Orlando, FL
Minneapolis, MN
Raleigh, NC
San Francisco, CA
Cincinnati, OH
Hartford, CT
Phoenix, AZ
Pittsburgh, PA
Dallas, TX
Atlanta, GA
Kansas City, MO
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Milwaukee, WI
Washington, DC

A European tour is expected to take place during the summer.

Oh dear..Why do i not see a few Canadian Dates on here..They have to come to Toronto
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 04:12:45 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Chris Misfit
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2004, 05:22:34 PM »

Who the fuck would go to that?

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2004, 05:33:31 PM »

I believe i would love to go to any concert they plan on this tour..Just because you dont like them dosent mean everyone else dosent either..I personally would love to see Vince get back into shape(which is the only way this would happen accordin to Tommy) and see the 4 original (Vince,Tommy,Nikki,Mick) play topgether again..I think it would be one of the biggest tours of 2005...

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2004, 07:58:56 PM »

ya it would be sick. Long live Motley Crue!

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2004, 10:23:04 PM »

Let's hope they get a couple of canadien dates in there! beer

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2004, 10:56:59 PM »

CM only likes bands not good enough to make the big time. 

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2004, 02:05:47 AM »

CM only likes bands not good enough to make the big time. 

Like the new GnR?  Tongue
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2004, 07:40:53 AM »

Motley crue and vince were gods during to fast for love & shout at the devil

the moscow peace festival 89 and the us festival 83 shows this bands quality

did you know vince teached axl tricks during the girls girls girls tour to maintain voice after a night spent destroying the vocal chords?

But i agree that some of the members today seems very out of shape, (they were really fucking themselfs up with their lifestyle) but i'd still wan't them to make some music

New tattoo 00, shout at the devil 83, to fast for love 81, are really more in the direction of afd than average glam metal back then, these are their best albums imo

Love this band love

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2004, 11:01:52 AM »

Intelligent post, Mr. Moderator. Who would go? I would go along with many thousands of others. That`s why they are doing it.

The original Motley Crue were an awesome band. Some of the music they did right before they called it quits (Generation Swine, New TAttoo) shows they were not stuck in the`80`s and could move forward with their songwriting, unlike like others who started when they did (Poision, etc). They always had more credibility than the other hair bands back in the day.  But Vince does need to put some time in on the treadmill.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2004, 12:43:08 PM »

I would.

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2004, 10:21:18 AM »

I didn't know where to post this, hope this is of an intrest 2 you

"M?y Cr?nt> recently issued a casting call for a female lead to star in the band?s new video for a song called If I Die Tomorrow. Auditions for the role were to be held in Los Angeles on November 15-16 and the video producers were seeking talent specified as: "Brunette, female, Caucasian, light Hispanic or light mixed ethnicity (exotic), 18 to 24 yrs old, hot, great body, voluptuous. Must be able to act and must have curves. She will be in every scene of this video. Great exposure, VH1 is doing a behind-the-scenes show and launch for this." Several music message boards are abuzz with reports that the band have been filming a video in Hollywood over the past few days and it is rumored that the Cr?ont>will play one or more warm-up gigs at the Whisky A Go Go in Hollywood prior to the launch of their reunion tour."

Don't know the authenticy of this though, but it looks we'll hear new studio tracks soon love

shout at the devil rocks ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2004, 12:32:25 PM »

Hard rock radio personality Eddie Trunk announced on his "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM on Friday (Nov. 26) that he will be traveling to Los Angeles next weekend to interview the four original members of M?TLEY CR?E and cover the band's reunion press conference for VH1.

The press conference will apparently take place on Monday, December 6 on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood, CA. VH1 and VH1 Classic are expected to broadcast the highlights of the press conference as well as air portions of the pre-recorded interviews conducted by Trunk. A teaser ad for the reunion tour can be viewed at this location. No further details are currently available.

As previously reported, M?TLEY CR?E will be releasing a new "greatest hits" collection featuring one or two new songs in early 2005. In addition, a first-ever DVD featuring the band's four original members will tentatively surface in July 2005. Plans also exist for an "all-star" tribute album to M?TLEY CR?E, with a target release date of September 2005. Also in the works is a soundtrack to "The Dirt", the forthcoming Paramount film based on the best-selling autobiography of M?TLEY CR?E.

The U.S. leg of M?TLEY CR?E's upcoming reunion tour will take place in February/March 2005. A European tour will follow in the summer.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: