Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:17:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Hired Guns...??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hired Guns...??  (Read 1585 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« on: December 03, 2006, 03:06:31 PM »

I've been wondering about something lately...  Seeing these guys getting along the way they do on and off stage has made a lot of people REALLY SEE that this is a real band.  They are all friends with one another and have each other's backs it seems.  They are now a much, MUCH tighter unit on stage than they were in 2001 and 2002 and I don't think anyone can deny that.  As Tommy said yesterday in his response to the EODM, he has been good friends with Axl for 9 years I think he said.

But all of these guys are supposedly still on contract, right?? My question is then, are these guys always going to just be on contract or will it ever end up like a "normal band."  Once CD comes out, will they be getting any kind of royalties from album sales, or songwriting royalties or do they still just get the straight pay that is being fulfilled in their contract??  Are they making extra money touring right now or did they sign a contract that would pay them the same amount of money no matter what the band was doing??  I know we probably don't have the REAL answers to some of these questions but I woud hope that someday these guys would be in this band because they REALLY WANT TO BE in it and not only because they have to honor their contracts.  With CD coming out sometime soon, I wonder if any of that will change??  I wonder if some of these guys are on contract and others aren't??  If some of them really want to be in this band no matter what, then what would be the point making them sign a contract??

As you can probably tell I'm not really familiar with how the signing of contracts and all of that shit goes and that's why I'm asking these questions.  Is it even possible that one day this band could become what a "normal band" is... Not just hired Guns??

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 03:41:28 PM »

when you're talkin' to yourself...

My guess is that their contracts have clausules that go into effect when the album is released. They will still be under contract with the company that is Guns N' Roses, but the pay will revolve more around royalties and tour than a straight up paycheck. Something like that I would think. But who knows?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: