Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:11:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  portuguese official RIR radio news: Gn'R cancelled RIR4
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: portuguese official RIR radio news: Gn'R cancelled RIR4  (Read 28063 times)
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2004, 06:41:36 AM »

Feb 12th people (more then 4 months before RIR!!), Laswell told me Buck wasn't going to play at RiR. Now maybe Buckethead hasn't dealt very professional with this situation (could be who knows?), but who the hell is leading this band? Axl or Buckethead?

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 06:47:37 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

TealaRose
Rocker

Axlite By Personal Choice

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2004, 06:42:40 AM »

This just gets weirder and weirder.

For some reason I KNEW they were not going to be in Lisbon.

GNR is seemingly stalled

VR is pushing back their release date over and over...

Three of the 5 originals try to stop GH.

So lets just have Axl, Slash, Duff, Robin, Dizzy and Matt or Brain (don't care which) all release something together.

OK back to reality.

Bash me all you want, I will still support Axl until I hear from the mans own lips that he is done. I just have to believe that he knows what he is doing  Huh

The whole court thing again maybe?

Axl .... talk to us. We really (well some of us) are trying to be very patient. It's just so dam hard being in the dark about everything all the time.

~darci

Suck on That!
kockstar99
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2004, 06:42:56 AM »

It wouldn't surprise me if Finck had gone too. Who would know? We haven't heard anything from him for ages. That could be the reason. Losing two guitarists. Then again, I am just making it up. Is losing Buckethead that much of a problem to cancel a show this far in advance?

Axl shouldn't have let it get this far, but something must have happened to fuck things over because we know he like playing RIR, and that letter confirmed it.

@#$%Muther

maybe fucking Brain left with him..... or Robin...
The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2004, 06:45:52 AM »

Guns N' Roses Not Able to Perform at Rock in Rio; A Message from W. Axl Rose

LISBON, Portugal--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 30, 2004--Guns N' Roses will not be performing as scheduled at Rock In Rio - Lisbon.

The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Buckethead and his untimely departure. During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever. Last time I talked to Bucket, he called to tell me he had bought a bootleg DVD off EBay and how proud he was to be in Guns and how impressed he was with everyone's performance. Then, in February we got word from Brain that Bucket had called him and said he was back in Guns!? Apparently, according to Bucket he had been "Gone" but had turned himself around and was really excited to do Rio-Lisbon and a European tour. Somewhere in the following month things changed once again. According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!

There is not a member of this camp that is not hurt, upset and ultimately disappointed by this event, and more to the point - if not this individual, certainly this individual's choices. Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve, clearly the fans, individuals in this band, management, crew and our support group do not deserve this type of treatment. We as a whole, definitely feel that we afforded Bucket every accommodation perhaps so much so that it may be that we or more precisely, I may have done Guns a disservice and unintentionally allowed Guns to be put in this position.

On behalf of Guns N' Roses and myself I apologize to the fans who planned to see us at Rock In Rio - Lisbon. The festival and its tradition mean a lot to me personally and I sincerely do not enjoy being robbed by one of our own of the opportunity to be the first artist to play it for the third time. I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Buckethead's role in Guns and support our new line up. We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20040330005283&newsLang=en
BucketRose
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2004, 06:50:44 AM »

Yup...thats classic Axl alright...squarely putting the blame everywhere except where it truly belongs.  How many times have we seen this now in the history of GnR?  And how many more times are the Here Today fans going to irrationally believe something...strictly because it came from the mouth of their eternal hero?
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2004, 06:52:19 AM »

Hey Slash move over.... Buckethead has to fit into Axl's ass aswell... Typically Axl.

-PEACE-

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2004, 06:54:05 AM »

i don't understand why they can't play without buckethead
i mean, he's just a guitar player
they already have 2.
 Huh

and : people have bought plane tickets and all for that show .... i say, lets all go there, and riot  Grin
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 06:56:58 AM by God_i5_de4d » Logged

Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2004, 06:54:41 AM »

Hey Slash move over.... Buckethead has to fit into Axl's ass aswell... Typically Axl.

-PEACE-
yeah...my first reaction too...problem is you can't be sure of anything...

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
DemocracyRose
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2004, 06:58:52 AM »

I cant find any words for this.... no

I think, that i will take a break for these GNR- forums... I get dissapointted every time.... Lips Sealed

I really think, it is over for Guns N Roses..... confused

See ya..... Huh
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2004, 07:04:37 AM »

Typical Axl response:

Step 1:???Feel sorry for me, I m just a victim of the circumstances (for more then a decade  drool rofl)

Step 2:???Hey look!! There s the bad guy (points at random person)

Step 3:???Bash the bad guy!! (to distract from own actions)

Step 4:???Compliment the bad guy anyway (you never know when you might need him again)

Step 5: End with a funny/hopefull note (Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further).

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 07:08:58 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

BucketRose
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2004, 07:05:09 AM »

Whats funny is....some of the people who have been defending BH's place in GnR all this time have now turned on him in a heartbeat(just as I said they would...if BH ever quit or was fired.)  First it was Slash's fault...now its BH's fault...make way for the new ex-GnR whipping boy, Buckethead....despised by Axl loyalists throughout the land.

Its pretty ironic that all these board members who were always praising BH as the second-coming of Christ will be removing their BH avatars and telling BH to "fuck off."   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 07:09:26 AM by BucketRose » Logged
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2004, 07:05:42 AM »

WELL DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE ASS!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2004, 07:08:49 AM »

it seems that buckethead is not really a cool guy...
and what is that band ?
" i called buckethead " ?
" i talked to brain " ?
waaa ?
aren't band members supposed to see each other everyday live like a family or what
i don't get it.

i'm not even sure axl has any members cellphone's number ...

and axl IS late again, even with the apology
i know people who bought their plane ticket and booked the hotel night.

and it's fuckin windy in the south of france now, sucks.  rant

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2004, 07:22:51 AM »

We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve.

hrmm - sounds like he still is talking with buckethead

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2004, 07:23:52 AM »

well I don't know about you guys but I stick with Axl with this one.

Buckethead left Axl to solve the mess he left behind. I think that tells a lot about the guy. And the way

he left Guns..he's own manager spends time with his gigs shouting around that Bucket won't be playing

at RIR and so on. I'm glad that the fucker is out so the whole band can move forward and stop trying

to negotiate more with him because it seems to me that Buckethead was in GNR just because of proping

up his marketing value..what an ass.
kockstar99
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2004, 07:30:28 AM »

hrmm - sounds like he still is talking with buckethead

I hope not... I cant see him coming back and if he is the reason that the CD and tours are delayed then i wouldnt want him to waste anymore time on him...

find someone who wants to be the guitar player for guns n roses... Tommy doesnt seem to have ever had any problem.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2004, 07:31:13 AM »

it seems to me that Buckethead was in GNR just because of proping
up his marketing value..what an ass.

too bad buckethead can't talk.
 Grin

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2004, 07:52:58 AM »

Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further.

It's great to FINALLY hear some words from the man, but MORE recording?Huh
Surely this will only delay the album another 5 years?HuhHuh nervous

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
madagas
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2004, 08:06:35 AM »

If this isn't Spinal Tap, then I have no idea what is.....this is simply comical beyond belief and would make the best (and strangest) documentary in rock and roll history. The funniest line of all is Axl calling a man with a Chicken Bucket on his head erratic! Axl calling anyone erratic is funny but the whole Buckethead thing just takes it a step further. I can't stop laughing at the press release....more recording!!!!!!!! LMFAO FIFTY TIMES OVER. Axl may be the craziest fucker EVER in rock....... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin The album will just be a disappointment compared to all this shit! Grin
Bahad
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2004, 08:14:47 AM »

If this isn't Spinal Tap, then I have no idea what is.....this is simply comical beyond belief and would make the best (and strangest) documentary in rock and roll history. The funniest line of all is Axl calling a man with a Chicken Bucket on his head erratic! Axl calling anyone erratic is funny but the whole Buckethead thing just takes it a step further. I can't stop laughing at the press release....more recording!!!!!!!! LMFAO FIFTY TIMES OVER. Axl may be the craziest fucker EVER in rock....... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin The album will just be a disappointment compared to all this shit! Grin

Exactly, Spinal Tap. But It goes funnier and stranger than Spinal Tap.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: