Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:58:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott takes shot at Axl
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott takes shot at Axl  (Read 72592 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2005, 12:18:00 AM »

Rock n' roll is dead.

It seemed alive and well to me on the two nights I saw VR in Sydney recently.

Well said.

Rock is very alive and very much kicking.? There's tons of great stuff out now, just because you don't hear it on "mainstream" or "top 40" radio, doesn't mean it non existent.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2005, 03:00:28 AM »

This is entirely speculative. Without Slash, we never would have had Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child o' Mine, epic rockers like Coma and Locomotive, not to mention the great solos in all of Axl's soppy ballads that saved them from mediocrity. Slash is just as much a part of the legacy of GNR as Axl ever will be. He is the definitive GNR guitarist, end of story. I have yet to meet a single person outside of the online GNR community that cites Axl as their main attraction to Guns N' Roses. He just cops a load of ridicule for the utterly stupid "trilogy" videos and the cycling shorts. Not to mention causing riots thanks to not turning up for concerts, but that's another story.
And without Axl there would have been nothing.   The band has proven regardless of who is playing what, it is axl's voice that is the trademark of a gnr song.  its like i said, you can't possibly have gnr without axl, but you can have gnr without $lash.  Robin Finck can play any of those songs just as good as $lash, some he plays even better!   I dont see how anyone could fill Axl's shoes.   Its fans like you who shit on axl because he loved GnR enough to continue it... you should be greatful. 

You are also completely underplaying Izzy's former role as a songwriter in GNR. It is no coincidence that the old band (i.e. a form of GNR featuring more than one original member) failed to produce a single note of new, original material after Izzy left the fold. The musical history of Guns N' Roses would have been very different without Slash and Izzy there, particularly in Appetite for Destruction. Listen to the guitars on that album... the natural interplay and collaboration between the two guitarists is not something that is contrived, or replaceable by just anyone. In my opinion the guitars are what made that album what it is.
i never even mentioned izzy!  dude what post are you responding too.  I do agree with what you say about Izzy and I have nothing but respect for the guy.   

I want to hear new music from Axl, and I hope to hell he gets round to bringing out this damn record sometime, but I just don't see why people like you feel the need to completely slam the former members and write off their contribution to GNR just to support Axl.
i'm not writing off anyone's contribution.  Everyone in the band has always made their contributions to the band, but I see Axl has the guy that pulls it all together and molds it into something incredible.

If you hate Slash so much I hope you've thrown out all of your old GNR albums, I would hate for you to show yourself to be a hypocrite.

stop making assumptions and putting words in my mouth.  YOu are such a typical $lash cocksucking fanboy.  I have said time and time again, I have nothing but respect for what $lash did in GNR's early days.  His guitar work on the afd and illusion albums are some of the best in rock music ever.   But he's still an asshole, and he's somewhat lacking now without Axl there to give him that extra push to make something really great.   I've found just about everything he's done post-gnr to be mediocre to downright shit.   
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2005, 03:08:28 AM »

All banners and signs should be banned from concerts and events

nothing worse than payin good money for tickets and some jackass in front of you holds up a stupid fuckin sign the whole time blocking your view.

those bastards deserve to get tossed cause they fuck up the view of everyone behind them.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2005, 08:52:27 AM »

And without Axl there would have been nothing.   The band has proven regardless of who is playing what, it is axl's voice that is the trademark of a gnr song.  its like i said, you can't possibly have gnr without axl, but you can have gnr without $lash.  Robin Finck can play any of those songs just as good as $lash, some he plays even better!   I dont see how anyone could fill Axl's shoes.   Its fans like you who shit on axl because he loved GnR enough to continue it... you should be greatful.

It's a smart person axl's voice is the trademark, isn't that any band the lead singer's voice is what tells you who the hell is playing.. Live that isn't the only thing that counts.. It's about seeing the members you loved make the amazing music.. Yeah axl has been keeping the band alive.. If you call a coma life then you can keep it.. One song  and some bootlegs very impressive over 6 years.. Finc, he could never create what slash has done the man is a worldy resepected guitar player, I don't know a person that evcen knows who robin finck is.. He hasn't left a mark anywhere.. So far robin proved he can be a cover band.. You can see them in a lot of bars and nightclubs as well, doesn't mean shit..
finck better then slash.. hihi You should do stand up, might be hard though being your mouth is wrapped around axl's dick..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »

You should do stand up, might be hard though being your mouth is wrapped around axl's dick..

Anybody who thinks this kind of statements belong on this board will be really surprised if they continue posting that kind of things. I'm not gonna say what the surprise is.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
usurper
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2005, 10:47:34 AM »

although he should consider it given how bad Scott mutilates Mr. Brownstone live  yes

Ans "It's So Easy" He just cant fucking sing it! He should stick to his own shit songs!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2005, 11:28:07 AM »

although he should consider it given how bad Scott mutilates Mr. Brownstone live? yes

Ans "It's So Easy" He just cant fucking sing it! He should stick to his own shit songs!

that's what happens when you listen to people covering other's songs and still think it should sound like axl..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2005, 01:39:25 PM »

now scott gets pissed because of an axl rose banner at a vr concert and everyone is up in arms..
Who cares about the banner thing...its what he said

That's because axl has writers and gets 5 years to make comebacks, this was on the spot while pissed off..
He has writers to make his jokes and rants Huh hmm...

I think scott's statement is exactly what how many countless people have been saying for years
Thats fine, if he wants to ignite a rift between the 2 band sand its fans...keep talking hsit....and that is why what he said wanst even funny. Its been said a million times.

I don't agree with the statement but he wouldn't have said shit if some asshole didn't bring an axl rose banner to a vr show, it's a diss to the ex gunners and saying hey fuck you scott..
He could say something like why dont u go watch the old gnr videos if u ..this is vr and we play rock n roll? ...or just ignore it...

i think VR look to scott as the greatest frontman in the world today,
If that was the case they wouldnt have had auditions for any singer in the world. They would have went directly to him.

Finc, he could never create what slash has done the man is a worldy resepected guitar

Its ashame Slash's guitar playing has "fell to Pieces" since his GNR days? Cry

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2005, 01:45:41 PM »

Not that Slash's guitar playing has anything to do with this subject, but Fall To Pieces is a kickass guitar song? Smiley
Why d'ya think his guitar playin' has detiorated, I think he's just as good? Huh

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2005, 01:54:23 PM »

If that was the case they wouldnt have had auditions for any singer in the world. They would have went directly to him.

Once again, youre wrong. ?

Scott was at the top of their list, but unavailable due to his commitment to STP. ?He was picked immediately after STP disbanded.
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2005, 02:22:24 PM »

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Axl+Rose&word2=Scott+Weiland

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2005, 02:43:46 PM »

Its ashame Slash's guitar playing has "fell to Pieces" since his GNR days

Not at all, from slither to dlt to ftp it's all good.. His guest spots are good as his other solos.. He just doesn't need to do what he did with gnr, it's not necassary..

Now when I heard axl I said Oh My God wtf happened to his writing skills and singing.. Wink

It's really strange how people can say cb sucks or slash lost it but look what axl has done since he left.. no it's mediocre city.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2005, 02:48:22 PM »

I love how discussions always deteriate into Slash and Scott Bashing vs Axl Bashing

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2005, 02:50:57 PM »

No offense YG, but that's insane.

Slash's playing, musicianship and style is so far beyond his days in his prior band it ridiculous.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2005, 04:23:19 PM »

No offense YG, but that's insane.

Slash's playing, musicianship and style is so far beyond his days in his prior band it ridiculous.

Hmm - Slash isn't a fraction of the top hatted guy who played with Guns N'Roses, there is nothing on Contraband that compares favourable, not that Slash is now ''bad'' but he was so good before.

People are so unbelievably pro-VR i wonder if they can make valid statements about an album while enjoyable isn't a marvel at all.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2005, 04:33:45 PM »

His new riffs/solos might not be as good as the old stuff, but thats got nothin' to do with his playin' that's because the songs he's playin' to aren't as good, because Axl and Izzy didn't help write them? Undecided

smoking Izzy? smoking

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2005, 05:45:05 PM »

Hmm - Slash isn't a fraction of the top hatted guy who played with Guns N'Roses, there is nothing on Contraband that compares favourable, not that Slash is now ''bad'' but he was so good before.

I'm talking about the evolution of his playing in general.  He's no longer the blues based son of Joe Perry, he says more while playing less than he ever did before.

No more aimless meandering, wanking solos and the like. 

Chunky riffs complimented by stealth solos, creating a current vibe  that's remains signature Slash through and through. 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2005, 05:52:04 PM »

Once again, youre wrong.
According to Booker.

He just doesn't need to do what he did with gnr, it's not necassary..

Thats such a fukin cop out. And im gettin sick of hearing it. I guess tahts why Im not such a big SLash fan as I am an Axl fan. Whetehr it turns out good or not, I know Axl cares about meeting certain expectations, whereas Slash and his fans are more concerned about jamming and just getting albums out there. Which is fine I guess. To each thier own.
But I know that if Axl in this band or in his own band took that tattitude I certainly wouldnt be the kind of fan I am today.

It's really strange how people can say cb sucks or slash lost it but look what axl has done since he left.. ?it's mediocre city.
So your justifying SLash mediocre playing by saying well atleats hes done something? Wow thats great. SO when Axl does finally release soemthing where does that leave Slashs music?
FOrget Axl. We are talking about the quality of Slashs playing since he left GNR. ANd imo its average and doesnt egt me excited like his gnr playing does.

I guess we strongly disagree.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2005, 05:56:47 PM »

scott is so fucking childish.
I used to love him on STP, and now I think he sucks, he looks like he's trying to prove something and it comes out fake, he should relax and be natural, the way he's been acting has ruined the enjoyment I had of the old STP albums.

as for Slash, he was incredible in GNR, prettygood in snakepit 1, good in snakepit 2  and average in VR, (and horrible with Michael Jackson.)

If you don't agree, you're in denial. hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2005, 06:21:09 PM »

scott is so fucking childish.
I used to love him on STP, and now I think he sucks, he looks like he's trying to prove something and it comes out fake, he should relax and be natural, the way he's been acting has ruined the enjoyment I had of the old STP albums.

as for Slash, he was incredible in GNR, prettygood in snakepit 1, good in snakepit 2 and average in VR, (and horrible with Michael Jackson.)

If you don't agree, you're in denial. hihi
He was actually fuckin' incredible in Gn'R, not just incredible? ok

I'm talking about the evolution of his playing in general. He's no longer the blues based son of Joe Perry, he says more while playing less than he ever did before.

No more aimless meandering, wanking solos and the like.

Chunky riffs complimented by stealth solos, creating a current vibe that's remains signature Slash through and through.
I think that's just because guitar ain't as popular in music anymore, compared to the late 80's? Undecided

he says more while playing less than he ever did before.
I agree, I think he was always going in that direction anyway as he matured, the difference between Appetite and The Illusions is quite noticeble

smoking Izzy? smoking

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: