Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 11:15:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Alright ,can someone help me refresh my memory about why we're at war?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alright ,can someone help me refresh my memory about why we're at war?  (Read 7038 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2005, 01:40:22 PM »

Bush, Cheney, et.al. are blinded by their ideology and are absolutely convinced they are correct and will never admit otherwise.  They thrive on this in fighting because it allows them to grab up more power.  I bet even Nixon is thinking in hell that" damn the guys are good. I should have thought of that!"  It's just such a shame that so many ill-informed and idiotic people re-elected these fools who are leading us to the fall of the US.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2005, 01:43:18 PM »

It's just such a shame that so many ill-informed and idiotic people re-elected these fools who are leading us to the fall of the US.

to most it is a shame, but Kerry's platform was complete shit compared to Bush's.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2005, 02:24:02 PM »

Bush, Cheney, et.al. are blinded by their ideology and are absolutely convinced they are correct and will never admit otherwise.? They thrive on this in fighting because it allows them to grab up more power.? I bet even Nixon is thinking in hell that" damn the guys are good. I should have thought of that!"? It's just such a shame that so many ill-informed and idiotic people re-elected these fools who are leading us to the fall of the US.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

there it is again....the old snobbish, i'm better than you, liberal attitude.

i really thought liberals would wise up and start to see that just because someone has a different opinion, does NOT mean they are "ill-informed".

but you keep telling yourself that, and sadly, the democratic party will never turn itself around. why would they? their followers are not forcing them to be accountable.

instead of looking at how badly kerry fucked up his election that was basically handed to him on a silver platter, just keep taking cheap shots at people like myself.  rofl

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2005, 02:47:50 PM »

there it is again....the old snobbish, i'm better than you, liberal attitude.

"The relations with, uhh -- Europe are important relations, and they've, uhh -- because, we do share values. And, they're universal values, they're not American values or, you know -- European values, they're universal values. And those values -- uhh -- being universal, ought to be applied everywhere." George Dubya Bush last month

i doubt liberals think they are better than others...but when you look at what Bush says half the time it doesnt make sense...understandably not just liberals feel superior to Bush hihi

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2005, 04:48:14 PM »

By ill-informed I mean the people who continue to believe this administration and what they are saying.  They have not been honest with us.  It's not an insult, it can be corrected by pulling one's head out of one's ass and start thinking.  I am not some blazing liberal or democrat, I'm just a person that is sick of the way this administration handles itself.  Clinton was a liar too but tens of thousands didn't die for his lies.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2005, 06:21:04 PM »

By ill-informed I mean the people who continue to believe this administration and what they are saying.? They have not been honest with us.? It's not an insult, it can be corrected by pulling one's head out of one's ass and start thinking.? I am not some blazing liberal or democrat, I'm just a person that is sick of the way this administration handles itself.? Clinton was a liar too but tens of thousands didn't die for his lies.

you're right....you're a thinker and anyone that supports bush is just blindly following bush and fox news.  rofl

what exactly has bush lied about...WMDs? we've been over this before.

i can appreciate an argument that it was a mistake to go to war, but i don't think bush has lied about anything.

i for one do not think it was a mistake to go to war, but obviously some major mistakes have been made in iraq.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2005, 03:46:11 AM »

By ill-informed I mean the people who continue to believe this administration and what they are saying.  They have not been honest with us.  It's not an insult, it can be corrected by pulling one's head out of one's ass and start thinking.  I am not some blazing liberal or democrat, I'm just a person that is sick of the way this administration handles itself.  Clinton was a liar too but tens of thousands didn't die for his lies.

you're right....you're a thinker and anyone that supports bush is just blindly following bush and fox news.  rofl

what exactly has bush lied about...WMDs? we've been over this before.

i can appreciate an argument that it was a mistake to go to war, but i don't think bush has lied about anything.

i for one do not think it was a mistake to go to war, but obviously some major mistakes have been made in iraq.

The downing street memos show that bush lied about the wmd and had to find a way to get public backing to declare war (read: wmd). 

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2005, 01:51:09 PM »

Cheney's Iraq assessment that the insurgency is in its last throes, yeah, that's an HONEST evaluation of what's going on. 
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2005, 02:37:52 PM »

Officially, Bush led the US Army to war because Hussein didn't accept to meet with UN Resolutions about WMDs. Yes, Hussein was a shady character, a dictator and made lots of people killed - but Iraqis should have overcome him if they really wanted to, no one came to "help" (ie: kill civilians and capture the dictator) the French, the Russians, the Polish when they decided to overcome State authority by Revolution; yes, Iraq probably had WMDs about ten-fifteen years ago (Gulf War I anyone??), but Iraq was NOT a direct threat to America or the West. Hardcore terrorism was. Innocent people were killed in Spain and Britain because their government decided to go to war - even though the people didn't want to.

Terrorism doesn't come from one country. It comes from many countries and even feeds within Western countries (America, Britain, France, Germany, Spain, etc.)...we can't just blow up countries where terrorists live because we'd have to blow up the Earth. We all know terrorism is a naughty thing and we have to fight it, but bombs aren't always the solution. I'm not saying I know what the "good" solution is...unfortunately I even wonder if there's a solution to terrorism. Not a simple one, that's for sure.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2005, 03:28:21 PM »

USA is @ war for oil and George Bush is an ass hu cheated in the elections (both). Britian scared of USA KILing dem so BLAIR KISSIN BUSH'S ASS

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2005, 09:38:19 PM »

Terrorism doesn't come from one country. It comes from many countries and even feeds within Western countries (America, Britain, France, Germany, Spain, etc.)...we can't just blow up countries where terrorists live because we'd have to blow up the Earth. We all know terrorism is a naughty thing and we have to fight it, but bombs aren't always the solution. I'm not saying I know what the "good" solution is...unfortunately I even wonder if there's a solution to terrorism. Not a simple one, that's for sure.

The fought an entirely different battle, like ones of the past.

That was the first mistake, among many.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2005, 09:39:10 PM »

Cheney's Iraq assessment that the insurgency is in its last throes, yeah, that's an HONEST evaluation of what's going on. 

Haha, yea, he said that, then a while later and said we could be there another 8-10 yrs!

SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2005, 09:46:06 PM »

It's all about the oil and setting up a regime friendly to the US to keep oil prices down.  Bush doesn't give a shit about the Iraqi people, frreedom, Democracy, etc.  War makes money and Bush's buddies are rolling in it as we speak....

Uh huh...........

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: