Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:14:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227854 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Other fans
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Other fans  (Read 3963 times)
Alina
Rocker

« on: October 16, 2006, 01:49:43 PM »

How you think does Replacemets , NIN , Primus ... fans , who not GNR fans will by CD just from curiousity becouse  Robin or Tommy on the record ?

AtariLegend
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 03:52:26 PM »

Maybe Replacement fans, but not fans of the others.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 04:11:22 PM »

Maybe Replacement fans, but not fans of the others.

I'm not sure... I think NIN fans are more likely to buy the record than Replacements fans.  Every fan of The Replacements I've heard of is ashamed of Tommy for associating himself with Guns N' Roses and views him as a sell-out.
AtariLegend
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 04:17:52 PM »

NIN fans generaly don't think of Fink as their Fav member past or present, if NIN fans do buy GNR albums it will not be because of Fink. Tommy's the only one persumably other than Axl to maybe have a say. Since Axl seems to like him more, and he's more likely to be around in a years time, unlike the others who seemed to be hired help. (Except Dizzy).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 04:20:42 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
robinfinckfan
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 05:01:02 PM »

NIN fans generaly don't think of Fink as their Fav member past or present, if NIN fans do buy GNR albums it will not be because of Fink. Tommy's the only one persumably other than Axl to maybe have a say. Since Axl seems to like him more, and he's more likely to be around in a years time, unlike the others who seemed to be hired help. (Except Dizzy).

Robin has been in the band longer than Tommy. I don't see any member being just hired help besides Ron and that's just because he's new
AtariLegend
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 05:13:28 PM »

Robin has been in the band longer than Tommy. I don't see any member being just hired help besides Ron and that's just because he's new

Robin left the band for a while, then Axl started saying his parts were being deleted.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 05:20:06 PM »

I didn't say NIN fans would buy it because of Robin.  But NIN fans are more likely to buy it than Replacements fans, because to the average Replacements fan GN'R are the ultimate in "corporate rock sell-outs".  Thanks largely to the attitude of Paul Westerberg.
AtariLegend
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 05:46:04 PM »

I didn't say NIN fans would buy it because of Robin. But NIN fans are more likely to buy it than Replacements fans, because to the average Replacements fan GN'R are the ultimate in "corporate rock sell-outs". Thanks largely to the attitude of Paul Westerberg.

Right then.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 06:10:58 PM »

I think NIN and GNR share alot of the same fans, at least people i know...
Bono
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 01:05:51 AM »

I think NIN and GNR share alot of the same fans, at least people i know...

I don't know about that. I have no real basis for this but I'd think that there are more NIN fans in the Gus N' Roses demographic than there are Gn'R fans among the NIN fan base. I think maybe it has to do with Axl's support of NIN in the early 90's. Not saying Gn'R fans like NIN only because Axl does but they likely checked them out because of Axl thus opening thier eyes(ears) to the band. NIN fans for the most part might not have any real reason to check out Gn'R
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 10:10:35 AM »

I think if they are fans of Robin or Tommy they will buy the album. I know I have bought every album of an ex GNR member...even GIlby Clarke  yes.

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 01:27:48 PM »

gilby clarke albums are always great!