Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:56:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Nov 21st release?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nov 21st release?  (Read 17147 times)
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2006, 08:22:38 PM »

I just dug this up:

On Sept. 16,2004, Dizzy told a reporter at Richmond.com that the date had been pushed back to February 2005.
Here's the excerpt:

"Actually, 'Chinese Democracy' is very close to coming out. I've heard a few of the tracks and it sounds amazing. There are a few more things to do then it'll be ready. They were originally shooting for November, but it may be February now. It's gonna be great."

Just thought it was rather relevant. November 2004, eh?

Right, and buckethead leaving screwed it up... so they waited until 2006 to make a comeback

Bucket left in 2002. That wouldn't have screwed up 2004's release. That's two fucking years. Most bands can make an entire album in two years. GNR just didn't to polish it up. If they needed Bucket to finish the CD, how is it finished now? They never hired a third guitarist except to tour.

He left in 2004, if you believe the press release Axl wrote. The problem isn't lacking the right players, but for Axl to finally make up his mind and say ok, this is good enough, let's put the motherfucker out there

Right. I stand corrected. My point remains. If he needed Bucket to finish the CD, then it couldn't be done now, because they didn't bring in a guitarist after he left.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2006, 08:24:35 PM »

He left in 2004, if you believe the press release Axl wrote. The problem isn't lacking the right players, but for Axl to finally make up his mind and say ok, this is good enough, let's put the motherfucker out there

Buckethead probably , in his own existence , left the night Philly was cancelled.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2006, 08:35:28 PM »

Buckethead probably , in his own existence , left the night Philly was cancelled.

That I can agree with. He seems like a guy who likes things to go smooth and low key. After all, he wears a mask hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2006, 08:36:56 PM »

After all, he wears a mask hihi

Dont we all?  Huh

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2006, 08:39:56 PM »

After all, he wears a mask hihi

Dont we all?? Huh

We sure do smoking

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2006, 08:53:33 PM »

do your friends refer to you as polluxlm?  Wink

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2006, 06:28:42 AM »

I just dug this up:

On Sept. 16,2004, Dizzy told a reporter at Richmond.com that the date had been pushed back to February 2005.
Here's the excerpt:

"Actually, 'Chinese Democracy' is very close to coming out. I've heard a few of the tracks and it sounds amazing. There are a few more things to do then it'll be ready. They were originally shooting for November, but it may be February now. It's gonna be great."

Just thought it was rather relevant. November 2004, eh?

Dizzy's not Axl Rose.

If I remember correctly, Dizzy made countless guesses as to when it was going to be released, as did Richard & Tommy also. They simply said that to keep people interested.

This is the only time Axl has come out and said '2006'. This is the closest we've ever been. None of the bullshit dates that came before even count, because we were never close then. This is the closest we've ever been. Even in 2002 when they were touring, Axl said it wasn't coming anytime soon. People ASSUMED it was coming because they were touring.

He did actually say on a radio interview that it would be out within the year.

What year? If he said it'd be out within the year on any other year than 2006, I never saw or heard it.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2006, 02:32:10 PM »

2002. I heard it myself, so it happened.

novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2006, 06:00:55 PM »

honestly there has been so many release rumors that eventully someone would have to have guessed right , well hopefully

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2006, 06:08:26 PM »

2002. I heard it myself, so it happened.

Oh well... I know I feel better.? Roll Eyes  Wink

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2006, 03:48:58 AM »

i'd love to see cd released on the 21st of nov. without any promotion so i can see all the people doubting that they can do it without promotion swallow their words. just for the fun of it.
everybody is saying they know this and that can't be done because there's no time. why wouldn't it be possible? i, personally, expect to see an anouncement only a week before the release. the only thing i want is the possibility to pre-order the cd so i can have it at home on the day of the release, no matter how much the postal taxes mean. i can wait 2 months. it's been a lot of years and my life doesn't revolve around cd.

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2006, 07:43:33 PM »

if CHINESE DEMOCRACY dosen't come out on the 21st of NOV. then i owe Deadskin mask over at Blabbermouth 10$ (canadian) and then i'll probible cry then i'll go buy a ipod so i can get as many of the leaked tracks as posible then cry some more and then finally wait for a new release date to be mentioned by Axl or one of his spokes men

long story short i'll be miserable for a while crying

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2006, 08:48:16 PM »

if CHINESE DEMOCRACY dosen't come out on the 21st of NOV. then i owe Deadskin mask over at Blabbermouth 10$ (canadian) and then i'll probible cry then i'll go buy a ipod so i can get as many of the leaked tracks as posible then cry some more and then finally wait for a new release date to be mentioned by Axl or one of his spokes men

new release date? Shocked when did axl or any gn'r spokesman ever say that nov 21 was a official date, Huh
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2006, 09:09:14 AM »

new release date? Shocked when did axl or any gn'r spokesman ever say that nov 21 was a official date, Huh

They never did. That's the point.

All of this rumor. Always has been. That was a rumor date that was started by RS.

All Axl has ever said is, '2006'. That's it.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: