Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 11:48:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  question/notify or whatever...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: question/notify or whatever...  (Read 4212 times)
Amanda.
Rocker

Damn, I'm a legend.

« on: January 08, 2007, 08:54:30 AM »

Ever been thinkin' about the name axl rose?rose was the original lastname, then bailey, then again rose, with axl at the first name. first of all, the names monogram is W.A.R(tattoo victory or death) And Axl rose is another monogram for oral sex. Is it just a coincidence or has axl been thinkin' about the name axl rose?

Guns N?Roses @ Hartwall Arena 6.7.06

I'M SO NEXT CENTURY.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 09:07:29 AM »

ok Tongue
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 04:27:43 PM by polluxlm » Logged

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 03:18:44 PM »

Ever been thinkin' about the name axl rose?rose was the original lastname, then bailey, then again rose, with axl at the first name. first of all, the names monogram is W.A.R(tattoo victory or death) And Axl rose is another monogram for oral sex. Is it just a coincidence or has axl been thinkin' about the name axl rose?

Nice one... Wink

"...It don't really matter..."
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 05:00:42 PM »

The WAR acronym, yes. The other stuff, is probably more rooted in fan boys then Axl.

No, he didn't kept the william, only the W Wink And of course i knew that when he was 2 years old his mother changed rose to bailey. Smiley So, maybe it's just a coincidence.

I always thought his name was William Axl Rose.

However, I thought I read an ancient interview from many years ago that he changed his name to Rose, because that was his birth-father's name, and at the time he thought the Bailey stepfather was the one who was inappropriate with him. He then learned later with theropy that it was infact his birth father Rose that had done those things.

I could've swore reading an interview like that.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 06:06:31 PM »

The WAR acronym, yes. The other stuff, is probably more rooted in fan boys then Axl.

No, he didn't kept the william, only the W Wink And of course i knew that when he was 2 years old his mother changed rose to bailey. Smiley So, maybe it's just a coincidence.

However, I thought I read an ancient interview from many years ago that he changed his name to Rose, because that was his birth-father's name, and at the time he thought the Bailey stepfather was the one who was inappropriate with him. He then learned later with theropy that it was infact his birth father Rose that had done those things.

Axl was not a part of his name until after he made a rock band called Axl.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 03:44:38 AM »

Axl was not a part of his name until after he made a rock band called Axl.

Yeah, I knew that. I meant since he legally changed his name to Axl.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 11:39:01 PM »

I think he changed his first name to "W"...didn't he say he didn't want to be William because "William's an asshole" or something to that effect?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »

I think he changed his first name to "W"...didn't he say he didn't want to be William because "William's an asshole" or something to that effect?

So he's actually Dubya Axl Rose ?!?!?!  hihi

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Amanda.
Rocker

Damn, I'm a legend.

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 10:16:18 AM »

Yeap. That's the story  ok

Guns N?Roses @ Hartwall Arena 6.7.06

I'M SO NEXT CENTURY.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 10:52:39 PM »

He was born into the world William Bruce Rose, then his mother remarried and then he was William Bruce Bailey, and then at around the age of 17 or so he found out about his biological father, supposedly from that point on he insisted he be called W. Rose.   Sources say that some days he would prefer to be known as plain old Bill, and some days he would be Axl.

An old girlfriend paid for the rose tatto, the one that reads W. Axl Rose, so the story goes that is when he sealed his character and identity in blood.  Axl later said, I am W. Rose because William was an "asshole".

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: