Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:57:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  14 years of silence?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 14 years of silence?  (Read 7522 times)
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 26, 2007, 10:06:07 PM »

I was just thinking alot lately that Axl mind as well re issue and release 14 years as a single. I know it probaly won't happen but it would be perfect. The song says it all since every song is about him coming back and his relationships and such, whatever happened to the Appetite street jam, druggy, living on the edge song or two? Anyways, 14 years would be the perfect song for the new lineup to rework and put back out on shelves as a single. It makes sense since it has been that long of ''SILENCE,PAIN, that are gone FOREVER and we will never have again''! Great song by the way!

I'm patiently waiting for C.D. but hey why not start the world up with that song now just to get going and ears opened up?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:11:10 PM »

I know it seems to make sense since it's pretty much been 14 years of silence, 14 years of pain, for the fans, the band, etc.? But that's not what the song is about.? It was written by Izzy and Axl about their 14 years of friendship.? It's sheer coincidence that the song rings so true today.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 10:33:23 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 10:21:22 PM »

It's not coincidence. The Illuminati planned this out in the 1750s as part of their New World Order to be set into motion in 2007. In fact, Axl is a Illuminatus Major in the New York order.

Other than that, they should at least play this or Dust N' Bones when Izzy has guest appearences at the shows.

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 10:34:46 PM »

Other than that, they should at least play this or Dust N' Bones when Izzy has guest appearences at the shows.

that would be prety kick ass.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 10:35:56 PM »

It's not coincidence. The Illuminati planned this out in the 1750s as part of their New World Order to be set into motion in 2007. In fact, Axl is a Illuminatus Major in the New York order.

I personally would rather hear a NEW song than an old song that the new band has yet to play. ?Of course I wouldn't complain if they broke one out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 10:36:39 PM »

that would be prety kick ass.
yes it would Shocked drool

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 10:40:28 PM »

It would be very fitting to re do this song & put it on Chinese Democracy.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 10:53:33 PM »

C'Mon....no old material will be on Chinese Democracy. Are we back to pipe dream topics? It's not like this will be a slow news year on the GNR front. Let's stick to news and reaction.

age 37....volume always at 10
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 11:08:18 PM »

yeah that makes sence start off the CHINESE DEMOCRACY or "new album" with an old song Roll Eyes

yeah its been a llooooonnngggggg time but who really wants to think about that when we actually have the new album? all i'll be thinking is "wow, holy shit its in my hands" followed by "omg i'm listening to it" and so on..................

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
stranger2U
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 11:45:12 PM »

Somebody been drinkin' tonight and dreamin'?

Man!  GN'R fans are hurting for news these days!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 12:16:48 AM »

Not sure when the song was  actually written (1990?), but Izzy left the band in 1991, so 14 years  later would be 2005. In 2007, the song does  not fit  reality, even though it  is one  of my favs.
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 04:23:51 AM »

Is that song writtten by Izzy about Axl?

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
Steffi
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 04:24:45 AM »

Posts like that makes me think that it's actually a good thing that Axl ignore his fans!
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 09:10:50 AM »

I mentioned this last year at 8am in the line for the Dublin queue, since it had actually been 14yrs since he had played Dublin then, and peoples eyes just lit up. One guy even started a little chant going. Have to say, being a Guns N Roses fan that day, I felt as if the band were the biggest thing in the world and had never gone away. If only we could get a concert like that this summer in dublin instead of some of the bullshit we have.

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 09:12:04 AM »

Posts like that makes me think that it's actually a good thing that Axl ignore his fans!

With 37 posts and -1 Karma its a good thing people ignore you too Tongue

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 03:06:48 PM »

I had a dream about this last night. I met Axl and told him it would be a good idea to play some stuff that Izzy wrote while in the band (Pretty Tied Up, Dust N' Bones, 14 Years, etc). He said he wanted to do that, but they didn't have the rehearsal time. Then I told him to play Oh My God more and he said they were planning on doing it for the next tour. Man, that was a cool dream. I can't remember much else.

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 04:05:09 PM »

Not sure when the song was  actually written (1990?), but Izzy left the band in 1991, so 14 years  later would be 2005. In 2007, the song does  not fit  reality, even though it  is one  of my favs.

But by pure coincedence, it is now 14 Years since gnr last recorded a new album (aka Spaghetti Incident, 93).  As i've said, it'd be cool for them to do Dnb or 14 Years while izzy is guesting.  But then, maybe Axl doesn't want to remind people how long it's been...

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 04:53:38 PM »

Not sure when the song was? actually written (1990?), but Izzy left the band in 1991, so 14 years? later would be 2005. In 2007, the song does? not fit? reality, even though it? is one? of my favs.

But by pure coincedence, it is now 14 Years since gnr last recorded a new album (aka Spaghetti Incident, 93).? As i've said, it'd be cool for them to do Dnb or 14 Years while izzy is guesting.? But then, maybe Axl doesn't want to remind people how long it's been...

Exactly what I was gonna say.

(Especially considering the "I'll never have again" bit)

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 02:40:02 PM »

I think this would actually be a fantastic idea for a new album!!!!!!!!!! What the f*** has been happening to the man and the band during all these years? Could Axl write about the pain and frustration and insanity of what is now the American legal system and remaster 14 years?HuhHuhHuh That is a kick ass song by the way and the whole song could actually be the premise for a new album.

I know, let CD come out first but if they were smart, he would be using all the hassles and shit that has happened over the years to write. Shit, you don't need Chinese Democracy anymore, but bring Democracy back to the States along with just one, just one, and I do mean one leader that is not corrupt and actually has the best interest of the people at heart.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 12:42:25 PM »

I'm not sure about your post crazy ?? Maybe tour joking?? We've been waiting all these years for good music from a band that has so many dedicated fan and? websites to go to.? It's seems cool to me and I'm sure bandmembers that there is still so much interest in GNR.? ?Why would anyone want to have Axl and the band to release a "political statement" cd?? That's why we have Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam "maan!"? Who are we to say where someones artistic inspiration should come from?? Most people, get away from the worries of the world through good music period.
? ? I understand frustration from every angle but please...This is a fansite for fans to post and read about the band "current and former" so that they can get away from everyday junk.? It's also good P.R.? This 14 years of silence thread is a tongue in cheek thread.? Relax and enjoy the joke and wait for a hopefully soon to be released c.d. by any name.? Who cares about anything else when there is music to escape to??
? ? Relax And enjoy a joke.? This isn't a AOL poster fight site.? How cool is it that "one in a million" just came on in my head set......I will just enjoy the music now because it's about the music and an artist's evolution that will produce good or bad music.? Listen to the words to this song and just see how things remain the same or repeat themselves as time rocks and rolls by.? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?I'm too deep for myself here....Later.....J. Mack
? ?

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: